4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD

On August 10, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

Well unless you can identify something you may have left out of the packet that you should have sent, i.e. marriage certificate, copy birthcertificate translation of official document in another language etc. its gunna be hard to guess what until you get the letter.

can you think of anything you may have forgot to send? it could just be for extra evidence of relationship as most don't send more than whats in the guides initially. your guess is as good as mine :thumbs:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Wait & see, it usually takes a week to get it in the mail. Complete the RFE & send it back, your case will be resumed.

Don't worry about it, this is very normal procedure.

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey after all the problems u had seems it never ends for u. But the good news is you got your RFE right away. It took nine months after filing for them to figure out his medical was submitted on an outdated form. I kid you not, the medical is good for one year (unless pending AOS which then it is not supposed to expire) so exactly one year after his last physical and nine months after we filed they sent a notice that it was an old form and he needed it on the new form

Because the physical was more than a year old Now he is having to redo the entire thing. Not a big deal, blood is already drawn and his appt. is thursday. Just one more bump in the road.

So what I'm saying is the RFE means that someone is actually looking at your case which is a good thing. It is probably for something simple like you missing a form or forgetting to sign something, or leaving a blank somewhere. Don't panic, just accept it as another bump and keep on going.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.