warlord

Observations of my last Trip to Canada

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
There's Red Robin's in Canada? I've never seen any.

yup, there are a couple in the BC.. and a few in Alberta

http://www.redrobincanada.com/home/locate.aspx

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried Red Robin's burgers?

They're SO good, and their fries are amazing.

Not sure if they're all over America, but I love their chicken bruchetta burger. And I never get chicken burgers.

Yes, I've been there a few times. I love their turkey burgers. I find it's very expensive though.

carlahmsb4.gif

Has anyone tried Red Robin's burgers?

They're SO good, and their fries are amazing.

Not sure if they're all over America, but I love their chicken bruchetta burger. And I never get chicken burgers.

Yes, I've been there a few times. I love their turkey burgers. I find it's very expensive though.

Yeah, it is expensive.

Nice little treat every once and a while though.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

:lol: Why does every topic end up talking about food! I am always so hungry when I read VJ Canada!

I thought my fiance was joking when he's like I am going to take you to Fatburger for lunch...I'm like yeah there isn't a place called that....omg expensive, but soooooo good!MMMMMmmmmm

http://www.fatburger.com/menu/

Wow I just realized they have turkey burgers and boca veggie burgers, I might have to give those a try!

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

:lol: Why does every topic end up talking about food! I am always so hungry when I read VJ Canada!

I thought my fiance was joking when he's like I am going to take you to Fatburger for lunch...I'm like yeah there isn't a place called that....omg expensive, but soooooo good!MMMMMmmmmm

http://www.fatburger.com/menu/

Wow I just realized they have turkey burgers and boca veggie burgers, I might have to give those a try!

I can feel my arteries clogging just by looking at it, ugh. :lol:

Looks delicious though.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never saw fatburger in the U.S., but we have 2 locations in Calgary. Tried it once, it was pretty good, I think I actually did have the turkey burger!

What I think is weird is that in the U.S., even in small places you have alllll these food places, here, for instance, with Applebees, there is only 1 in all of Calgary, way out in the NW of the city.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

Blech to Harvey's. :dead: Wendy's US tastes completely different than Wendy's Canada. I much prefer the Canadian version.

Yes, the coke - it is the first thing I bought when we returned to Canada and as I mentioned in another thread, I think I teared up a bit. :lol:

That's funny because the first time I bought a coke on this last trip to Canada was on the ferry from Tsawwassen to Nanaimo. In fact, I actually said "Oooh. I've got to go and get a real Canadian coke!" and I shooed my husband away from it every time he tried to take a sip. He said "I don't think there's any difference." so I told him "Get your own damn coke if you don't think it's any different." :angry::lol:

When I moved here almost three years ago, I couldn't find Shreddies in the cereal aisle. I kept going back to check (the mark of insanity, right?). I thought the store was just out of stock. I couldn't believe that my husband had never heard of it. Harsh reality finally hit when I found out for certain through this forum that I was SOL. That's probably the number one food item I miss. My sister who lives in Toronto claims chocolate tastes different in the US. Like me, she's got chocoholic tendencies but won't touch the stuff here. She also says the U.K.'s chocolate is better than Canada's and always brings it back from London when she's there on business (and chocolate runs). To be honest, I can't really tell much difference. When I lived in Japan however, I noticed a big difference. Let's just say it a bit of an acquired taste.

I almost brought a Shreddies back with me but I had so much stuff I eliminated it from my list. I also eliminated date squares, buttertarts, and Vachon cakes because I went shopping with my aunt and she told me to put them all back. Then she took my hand and placed it on the cart and told me to come along and behave myself while I followed along whining "But.... but.... I want thaaaaat." :crying: My aunt's a good laugh. :lol:

UK chocolate is definitely better than Canadian chocolate, but you can get UK chocolate in Canada. My cousin who lives in England brought me some Cadbury's and I packed it in my checked baggage. When I got it back at this end the handlers had emptied out the case and broken the chocolate into little bits. :crying: I guess it looked like bomb material. :unsure: I think the turkey bites pepperettes did too, because that was open as well. :lol:

I miss freezies...they taste like ####### here. They have the white ones and I prayed that it was white cream soda but it was yucky coconut that tasted like poo.

I miss freezies too. :crying: But do you know what I really miss? Chocolate popsicles! Why can't you get chocolate popsicles here?? We should start a campaign.

Does Canada have certain areas where people have a stronger noticeable accent? I don't notice my hubby's anymore, I think we've blended a bit. Also, on Ventrillo (on an online game we play), we have a few Canadians in the group and I would never have known...no accent whatsoever. Oh, and that girl on the Bachelorette recently...didn't notice an accent on her either. There was ONE time she said ONE thing and I was like "oh yea, there it is!", but other than that I didn't notice anything.

DEFINITELY a difference in accents from coast to coast.

iagree.gif

Wendy's US tastes completely different than Wendy's Canada. I much prefer the Canadian version.

that is what I said..lol glad someone agrees with me

Haven't you left for vacation yet Marilyn? Quit worrying about Wendy's when you're supposed to be eating and drinking and being merry! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does Canada have certain areas where people have a stronger noticeable accent? I don't notice my hubby's anymore, I think we've blended a bit. Also, on Ventrillo (on an online game we play), we have a few Canadians in the group and I would never have known...no accent whatsoever. Oh, and that girl on the Bachelorette recently...didn't notice an accent on her either. There was ONE time she said ONE thing and I was like "oh yea, there it is!", but other than that I didn't notice anything.

My brother played hockey out east in Sydney, Nova Scotia for two years. When he came back to Ontario, it was like talking to a different person.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Wendy's US tastes completely different than Wendy's Canada. I much prefer the Canadian version.

that is what I said..lol glad someone agrees with me

Haven't you left for vacation yet Marilyn? Quit worrying about Wendy's when you're supposed to be eating and drinking and being merry! :lol:

yeah we are here in San Diego already... hotel has free internet :whistle:

right now I am just waiting for the hubster to wake up so we can head towards Sea World...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess it's true that people from Atlantic Canada have some sort of an accent. But to top it off, have you ever noticed how they talk? They talk incredibly fast compared to the whole country. Well, this is simply from my own observations. I found that I have to talk slower for people in Alberta, it makes me sad :lol:

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Well it's simply the origins of the people. It's a blend of British and Canadian dialects really. My dad's a fast speaker because he grew up in Glasgow and they talk pretty darn fast. I don't think I understood him for most of my childhood. haha

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I love people from out East. They are so amazingly nice.

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.