rockhouse

St. Lukes question...

59 posts in this topic

i just asked my wife

she said no one ask her for address or ssn at st luke

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually I just read the site AbbyandCheryl. Thank you also

I know what all is but what's this?

Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail print out of your appointment sent by the Call Center or the appointment date shown on our website

Is that the letter I got in the States from the NVC saying she was good?

OK, we got the hard copy from NVC with the case number that starts with MNL. Can my fiancee do her medical now or does she have to wait for the USEM to get our case? If she can do the medical already, what does she need to bring? Copies or originals of what? Is it first come, first serve at St. Lukes, or does she need to call and make an appointment?

Any info at this point is appreciated!

hello, she can bring a copy of NOA2 , 3 2x2 passport size pic white background ,and her passport ; she will have to pay 10,400+ as medical fee ; she can go there mon-fri ; she can be there at 6am though they start processing at 7am; first come ,first served ; medical exams for 2 days , hope this one helps ; good luck.

Good stuff. We were going to wait a bit but I am reading on here that sometimes it slows down if there are extra tests, a couple of people had to wait 2 months for sputum results. No idea what that is but I know what 2 months are. She also needs my SS# and address for the form, right?

yeah she will need that for when she'll be signing forms and your contact number as well :)

wow 2 months for sputum results? well they may have done cultures on the specimens but i think 2 months for the sputum results is way too long; 

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

Hey, in that link up there that AbbynSheryll put, it says that she will need the "appointment letter" from NVC. Is that just the forwarding letter with the MNL, or something else?

LOL, hey GD21, you beat me to it bro!

Edited by rockhouse
29ngqhd.jpg

I had a CR1 so i got the interview letter

u have K1 so u need to print the NOA2

u make want to check the guide or more info

i have no idea about the K1 visa at all

good luck to u all

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline
Just what I read. I'm learning way more about medicals and embassy stuff than I ever thought I would.

NVC letter is the one to me, right?

Starting

"Dear petitioner..."

LOL, me too. When i first came across this site a year ago i stared at it for 20 seconds, then shut it down real quick cause it scared me. I saw way to much stuff all at once.

29ngqhd.jpg

hey guys,

my wife has every paper's copy what i have here in usa.

i email every piece of paper to her in case if she needs it.

u can do the same bcz u never know when she needs anything.

email is free thank god, lol

abby n sheryl

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
on the posts ive read, it shouldnt be more than a month, otherwise they might let her do it again, so best wait for the interview date then adjust the medical exam through that

no ur medical is valid for the year of the day taken.

it is better to take it in advance in case of something happen. but most people go through medical in a breeze. good luck

abby n sheryl

These are the types of things that confuse me. One person says it's good for a year, the other says probably only one month.

Does anybody know which?

Thanks.

i had my medical first week of july and brought 3 2x2 id photos (but st lukes just took one), NOA2, NVC and Embassy (original) letters, passport and fee and had no problem at all. i only gave my appoinment letter and was ok. when i was there, out of curiousity i asked one of the doctors what is the validity of the medical and she said its only valid for 3 months from the day you had your medical and you have to leave the country within that months otherwise you will be going to start all over again. that'll be ouch!

also, i went there early, bout 7am (thursday) and finished before 12nn and it was busy that day.

good luck!

Edited by uniquecouple

Timeline

There is a ton of info. I think we just do it. I like what AbbyandCheryl said about sending everything.

Not sure how long it's valid for there are too many differing views on that. From what I am reading the interview dates tend to be about 4-8 weeks after you call for the appt. at this point so I think it's time to get moving. If it is only 3 months that interview span fits in there with plenty of room.

"i had my medical first week of july and brought 3 2x2 id photos (but st lukes just took one), NOA2, NVC and Embassy (original) letters, passport and fee and had no problem at all. i only gave my appoinment letter and was ok. when i was there, out of curiousity i asked one of doctors what is the validity of the medical and she said its only valid for 3 months from the day you had your medical and you have to leave the country within that months otherwise you will be going to start all over again. that'll be ouch!

Unique couple, what is the appointment letter you refer to? I bolded it in your quote. Thanks.

quote from the manila embassy web site

What is the validity of the medical examination?

■Medical examinations are generally valid for 6 months.

abby n sheryl

here is the link of the info

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

abby n sheryl

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
There is a ton of info. I think we just do it. I like what AbbyandCheryl said about sending everything.

Not sure how long it's valid for there are too many differing views on that. From what I am reading the interview dates tend to be about 4-8 weeks after you call for the appt. at this point so I think it's time to get moving. If it is only 3 months that interview span fits in there with plenty of room.

"i had my medical first week of july and brought 3 2x2 id photos (but st lukes just took one), NOA2, NVC and Embassy (original) letters, passport and fee and had no problem at all. i only gave my appoinment letter and was ok. when i was there, out of curiousity i asked one of doctors what is the validity of the medical and she said its only valid for 3 months from the day you had your medical and you have to leave the country within that months otherwise you will be going to start all over again. that'll be ouch!

Unique couple, what is the appointment letter you refer to? I bolded it in your quote. Thanks.

yes GD21, i can see the bold pretty clear. lol. appointment letter is the one that embassy sends you via email stating your date of interview (guys correct me if im wrong no problem so nobody wont get confused). ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.