aya*abouelnasr

Monday

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why does the sweet always have to come with the bitter? I called my sister to tell her about getting the visa, and before I could tell her, she told me that my grandma (who I am closer to than my own mother) had a stroke this morning. My uncle found her on the floor and they don't know how long she was down for. I tried to call my mom to get some news, but she didn't know anything yet because she'd just gotten to the hospital. I hate being 7000 miles away. I feel so helpless.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Why does the sweet always have to come with the bitter? I called my sister to tell her about getting the visa, and before I could tell her, she told me that my grandma (who I am closer to than my own mother) had a stroke this morning. My uncle found her on the floor and they don't know how long she was down for. I tried to call my mom to get some news, but she didn't know anything yet because she'd just gotten to the hospital. I hate being 7000 miles away. I feel so helpless.

I'm so sorry sweetie. My family will be praying for your grandma and for you being so far away. I know today was a special day for you and it does seem like the sweet has a bitter. I pray your grandma will recover with no impediments.

Kenza...I love Kelly's hair. I have mine about that length and it is so much easier to care for.

I'm not feeling well today guys. Been sick since Saturday. I am not sure if it is an increase in my medication or a virus or something. I am just extremely tired, sore and to look at food is a punishment.

Take care all.

Filed: Timeline

Happy Monday MENA (F)

Melly, thanks babes for remembering the babies. Nour is much better now although I am going for the follow up because she still has a low grade fever. It has freaked me out all weekend and toooo many hospital trips...I'm pooped! :blush: Hubby had oral surgery today on his 4 wisdom teeth...he's bleeding and in bed now...So I'm nurse, doctor to three babies today! :P Somehow, I think being nurse to him will be more exhausting than the twins this weekend.... :lol:

Kenza...cute cut! I'm sure you will look beautiful! I tried cutting my hair short one time (after my mother died from cancer) I cried for weeks after and have never cut it again (7 years now). I just get trims. My hubby doesn't like it short either and honestly, neither do I. I look kinda strange w/ short hair... :devil: (might be my big ole head).

Amy, sorry about your gram...I'm very close to my gram too (dads side) and I can understand how far away and out of touch you feel. Keep the faith honey....things will be ok. (F)

I hope everyone has a good day and wishing you many blessings!!! (F)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F) Amy

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi all - tis a Monday. Enzo got his 4-month shots today. He is now 26 inches and 15 1/2 lbs. Getting so big.

Nawal - sister, you poor thing. (F)

Amy - (F)

Ya'll be safe and take care of yourselves.

Filed: Timeline
Hi all - tis a Monday. Enzo got his 4-month shots today. He is now 26 inches and 15 1/2 lbs. Getting so big.

Amy - (F)

Staashi baby! Enzo just need to gain another 2 pounds and he and Nour will weigh the same (she's a little munchkin!). :P Now, catching up to Zain is a different story... :devil:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Amy - (F)

Staashi baby! Enzo just need to gain another 2 pounds and he and Nour will weigh the same (she's a little munchkin!). :P Now, catching up to Zain is a different story... :devil:

Yes, but remember Enzo is only 4 mos old. He might be just like Zain someday. Someday sooner rather than later. :blink: hehe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

leaving the hubby early morning tomorrow... spent the whole day with him trying not to burst out in sobs... :(

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In hay fever hell here so lets see if I can catch up. Took some meds for it. Going to the store was the big adventure today. It was a long drive.

Annie how are the babies doing? Is the lil gurl better? What did the Doc say? And Hubby doing ok after having 4 wisdom teeth plucked out of his noggin today? Ah I see you posted before I finished this. I was thinking the same thing about Hubby. Pinch poke you owe me a coke! Or does it only count when we say it out loud at the same time? :unsure:

Kelz so sorry Z is cutting so many teeth at once. It sounds miserable. I hope you all make it through ok.

Maureen I hope you and Hubby get to have some fun for yourselves soon. :P

Jess you're almost home! It will be so fast now in no time! Saw your status update on fb. (F)

Jackie I feel for ya. You've been waiting so long but I know you'll make it and have the best reunion ever.

Amanda good luck on the job interviews to you and Hubby. It sounds promising. You'll have to let us know how it goes. Ever since what happened at work I know it can feel like an uncomfortable situation at work and make you want to get out of there all the more faster but hold your ground and don't let them push you out. You pick your time and move towards what feels good and right and supportive.

Awe Sandrila I see you wanted to talk today and I'm sorry I missed it. Thx for letting me know someone read it. Pensive is an interesting word making it sounds like I'm turning into an old codger. I was talking to Waleed about it today saying I realize we're not as young as we used to be and it's not going to be the same. We can be fit but we can't reverse our age and he said this is the first steps into letting things go and really aging. I told him you're misunderstanding me. It's more of an acceptance of the place I'm at instead of always trying to get back to the place I was. By the end of the conversation he still didn't feel good about it so maybe that has more to do with something inside him then me. I'm not really sure. I'm ok being in the place of "I don't know". If you do it let me know when you get your new look. I go for that haircut tomorrow.

Leyla happy one year wedding anniversary tomorrow! (L)

Nagi did ya have to replace the water heater?

Amal wb Hubby! I know it will be a great homecoming! I bet you missed him so much! And what's this shirt making business about?

Amy Congrats on the visa but sorry about your Grandma's stroke. (F) It truly is a bittersweet day for you.

Charles you are missed around here. :( Good to see you pop in still. :D

Tasha I hope you get to feeling well soon. Drink lots of fluids and take care of yourself. Sending you healing thoughts. (F)

Staashi give lil Enzo lots of extra special love today from his MENA Auntie's. Those shots don't feel good I bet.

YHA (((Huggles))) I just did that a week or so ago and I was so tough in my mind because I was not going to cry the second time in the airport and Waleed wouldn't let me go and say goodbye until he saw tears in my eyes. BAAAHHH!!! He poked and prodded and finally got them and then I had to turn around and suck it up not to be a mess leaving him behind for the second time. It is so hard to say goodbye but I did good the rest of the way. (L)

To everyone else have a good day and see ya tomorrow.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.