LostandScared

Just found out divorce was not final before applying for finace visa

55 posts in this topic

This may not be the first time this particular Embassy has experienced this because a "religious" divorce is a divorce is a divorce - the only thing that's missing is the stamped paper making it a "legal" divorce.

Whatever. It doesn't matter now. What does matter is it looks like you and your husband have resolved the issue.

Good luck tomorrow. :star:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am glad to see it is all working out for you. Thanks for the update.

Thanks! :)

This may not be the first time this particular Embassy has experienced this because a "religious" divorce is a divorce is a divorce - the only thing that's missing is the stamped paper making it a "legal" divorce.

Whatever. It doesn't matter now. What does matter is it looks like you and your husband have resolved the issue.

Good luck tomorrow. :star:

Thank you. I think you are right because the embassy said that this kind of thing happens quite often. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So happy to read that your were able to fix this difficult situation with the embassy...best of luck with the rest of your journey!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
Moved from Embassy Forum to MENA forum - hopefully you'll get more answers here.

(Merged with duplicate post)

I thought that duplicate accounts weren't allowed?

It wasn't a duplicate account, it was an (almost) duplicate post. First I posted in Embassy Forum but then decided it would be better in MENA since I was dealing wth Muslim Divorce. So I re-wrote the post, but i added in more details like about the taraq, and posted here. So she moved the orriginal one for me, and she merged those answers with these answerss. :)

Wonderful news!

Thank you. :star:

So happy to read that your were able to fix this difficult situation with the embassy...best of luck with the rest of your journey!

Thank you so much!

Timeline

Just an update- The meeting my fiance had at the embassy went really well. They thanked him for his honesty and gave him an adendum to his paperwork that we will copy and use for AOS. They also told him he was lucky to have a fiance like me for rushing with the paperwork and emails and all. :luv: So now he has his actual interview next week. Not at all worried at this point. :) xoxox

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wonderful, Im so happy to read this!! What a relief for you guys. :dance:

Amman rules, for real....they are super helpful.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Thank you so much, Jackie and Lisa!! (L) Yes, Amman is wonderful and my new favorite embassy LOL. He was so grateful and he was telling the officer thank you from the bottom of his heart, and the man said to him "despite what people think, we are not here to try to keep people out of America. We are here to help people get to America, the legal and correct way" :wow: Oh also, just in case someone is reading this in the future, he was told that if we would have been married already and not applying for fiance visa, there would have been no way to fix it. It would have been rejected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.