SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
They are predicting it will be a typical hurricane season. With it starting so late, that could be a rough season!

JG, I don't know how I am gonna get through it :(

I have been dreading hurricane season since I met him...

How have ya'll handled it in the past?

Knowing my soon to be husband is in the eye of a storm like that :crying:

I tell ya'll I am going to loose my mind! :wacko::crying:

You just have to have faith and pray, Princess - he has survived through them this long, he'll make it through - I am praying that none head towards JA around Sept 10th -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Glad to be at least far enough along in this journey to be able to help others. I feel like we're dancing the cha cha.... or whatever that dance is where people are in a line and have their hands on the waist of the person in front and move about. You know. You do this dance on cruises at midnight a lot.

Conga line?

That's it!

First day in a while that I could actually relax in the morning, it feels so good!

Why is it the first day you can relax?

I called him back last night and told him thank you for letting me know that we truly are a team and it is not a one-sided relationship where the woman is responsible for holding things together. He told me that love doesn't require a thank you.

That's awesome. I also tend to think that I have to handle problems alone, cause I'm used to handling everything by myself. It's great to have a PARTNER now (when I remember to lean on my partner).

jawi.. :luv: dats why u my girl!

one more week.. i can't wait to see the arrival pics.. PLEASSEE tell me u will put at least one on VJ.. i don't have FB..

Why don't you have facebook? I know you said they banned it at your job, but can't you look at home?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
philly, dillon, jengles - i'm glad you guys are sharng your stories

we are not alone in this....

we all saying the same thing... :yes:

philly - how old are ur boys again?

This is the one area my kids did not give me issues with. They were 9 and 12 when they met Andre and the adjustment went perfectly. In fact, at times, it was like having 3 kids, they were all so rowdy.

My son continues to stay in contact with Andre.

of all the things i worried about, this was not one of them. i thought i did all the right things in preparation for us living together. i never in a million years thougth of all the things that could go wrong, that this would be the one thing to give us trouble. and of all the things i did worry about....those things worked out just fine. you just never know until you get there...

Timeline
nope.. no internet at home yet..

u mean u actually communicate with real human beings at home?

LMAO.. heck not even then.. unless u my kids.. u only get a text from me half the time LOL

:rofl:

yes, and not the neighborly kind!

bwahaha.gif

mi cyaan see :crying::crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm sort of a weather groupie during hurricane season if you all can't tell!

That's good. I'll def look for your updates during the next few weeks.

Jawi, glad you found your phone. Even if you stop being a VJ-regular, I hope you'll pop in from time-to-time with updates.

Yep. I know the thought process will be that my relationship is not working. But, there are many that may think its not working now anyway. Those that support me and love me in spite of my being outspoken can still keep in touch with me. It just doesn't have to be VJ. I just don't have a lot of time with work and pain...and probably even less with a new husband at home.

why would anyone think that?

i never thought that...

Me neither

JaPrincess, last year I was all ready to go to Jamaica when Gustav arrived on the scene. Despite many calls from my family & friends telling me to CANCEL THE TRIP, I didn't. Most people did, with no penalty, but there were some of us who still went. Each person on the plane had his/her own row. Even the pilot was like, "Do y'all know that a hurricane is about to hit there?"

While there, I was without electricity for 2 days and without water for about 1/2 a day. I had a great time regardless.

Sounds draining.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

jawi.. :luv: dats why u my girl!

one more week.. i can't wait to see the arrival pics.. PLEASSEE tell me u will put at least one on VJ.. i don't have FB..

I will try to send one to your email address. But, I honestly feel that VJ has served its purpose for me.

what you tyna say jawi.

you not coming here anymore?

Yep. I know the thought process will be that my relationship is not working. But, there are many that may think its not working now anyway. Those that support me and love me in spite of my being outspoken can still keep in touch with me. It just doesn't have to be VJ. I just don't have a lot of time with work and pain...and probably even less with a new husband at home.

Jawi I understand how you feel but nuh worry bout bandmind people! We know how to find you on FB :thumbs: I just hope Stella will get her final installment smiley-angelic001.gif

philly, dillon, jengles - i'm glad you guys are sharng your stories

we are not alone in this....

we all saying the same thing... :yes:

philly - how old are ur boys again?

Hey Finesse 14 and 16 Teenagers ughhh!!!!!!

They are predicting it will be a typical hurricane season. With it starting so late, that could be a rough season!

JG, I don't know how I am gonna get through it :(

I have been dreading hurricane season since I met him...

How have ya'll handled it in the past?

Knowing my soon to be husband is in the eye of a storm like that :crying:

I tell ya'll I am going to loose my mind! :wacko::crying:

JA P he is going to be ok trust me islanders are used to hurricane season it's a part of life! Just pray the hurricane passes by the island smiley-angelic011.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
JaPrincess, last year I was all ready to go to Jamaica when Gustav arrived on the scene. Despite many calls from my family & friends telling me to CANCEL THE TRIP, I didn't. Most people did, with no penalty, but there were some of us who still went. Each person on the plane had his/her own row. Even the pilot was like, "Do y'all know that a hurricane is about to hit there?"

yes, I know everything should be fine :blush:

Him and I have talked about it. His whole family gets together durring a hurricane so they are not apart. He said the power will be out, sometimes for weeks. He said people come around with phone chargers and will let you charge your phone. Lack of communication with him is what I worry about the most really... as it is now I get antsy if it's 6pm and I haven't heard from him since morning :lol::blush:

I am craving subway tuna, running to Walmart be back ladies!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this just in i noticed ells updated her facebook status to say married so hopefully update soon come

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am craving subway tuna, running to Walmart be back ladies!

have fun at walmart

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.