SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL Nat that is the funniest thing I have heard. It is one in the same....they have a love hate releationship and this week has been very hard because his son is here now. So even more change in her life. I know this will pass but right now it is very hard. So they answer to your question is I only have one daughter.

I had to go thru this when my daughter was born and when mr jengs came up here even though they got along very good in j.a. and it doesn't help that sometimes my son doesn't understand what mr jengs says lol, so mr jengs thinks he is intentionally being disrespectful...

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dang. I just realized that if I had got the Continental MasterCard before I booked these last 8 trips to Jamaica on my Southwest Visa, I'd have an extra 8000 miles or so with Continental.

I'm disappointed that Continental charges so much for a one-way from MBJ to Houston. It comes to $461 with taxes & fees! It's $507 roundtrip.

The best one-way deal is flying American Airlines. It comes to $295 one-way, $433 roundtrip.

AA (layover in Miami): $728 total

Continental (direct flight): $968 total

Wow. That's a $240 difference if we rather take less desirable flights with a layovers, instead of a direct flight. Hmm...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
LOL Nat that is the funniest thing I have heard. It is one in the same....they have a love hate releationship and this week has been very hard because his son is here now. So even more change in her life. I know this will pass but right now it is very hard. So they answer to your question is I only have one daughter.

I had to go thru this when my daughter was born and when mr jengs came up here even though they got along very good in j.a. and it doesn't help that sometimes my son doesn't understand what mr jengs says lol, so mr jengs thinks he is intentionally being disrespectful...

I think that might be part of it too Jengles..has it gotten any better? What did you do?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

good night everyone, i'm going in the shower and then to bed and I'm doing this because I'm trying to ignore the sound of what sounded like dry cereal being poured onto the kids bedroom floor.

Dang. I just realized that if I had got the Continental MasterCard before I booked these last 8 trips to Jamaica on my Southwest Visa, I'd have an extra 8000 miles or so with Continental.

I'm disappointed that Continental charges so much for a one-way from MBJ to Houston. It comes to $461 with taxes & fees! It's $507 roundtrip.

The best one-way deal is flying American Airlines. It comes to $295 one-way, $433 roundtrip.

AA (layover in Miami): $728 total

Continental (direct flight): $968 total

Wow. That's a $240 difference if we rather take less desirable flights with a layovers, instead of a direct flight. Hmm...

are your dates solid, we are getting $130 193 with taxes one way on american

Timeline

I think that might be part of it too Jengles..has it gotten any better? What did you do?

i stop trying to jump in whenever there is a conflict and let mr jengs handle the disciplining...my son looks to me when mr jengs talks to him to save him, but i can't, if i have a problem with what mr jengs is doing i talk to him about it behind closed doors. we have to seem united.

i don't think j.a. men are used to children who talk back even if they are not being rude..so some adjustment is/was needed on both sides. they are still adjusting, but they less i get involved in the situation the easier the situation resolves it self.

Timeline

good advice Jengles I think I need to stay out of it more myself.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

my2, JaPrincess, this is for you. I recommend saving it to your personal note pad (click My Controls & scroll to the bottom). Along my NOA2-wait journey, I kept notes various people around VisaJourney gave me for what to do after NOA2 & saved them in my personal note pad. Then I dusted it off when I finally got the approval.

This may help you once you get your NOA2, which will probably be soon:

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
are your dates solid, we are getting $130 193 with taxes one way on american

I haven't booked anything yet. I check Continental (the only airline with a direct flight from Houston) daily, HOPING that the price will go down. But I'm won't buy the one-way ticket until the Visa is in hand, a day or two before the flight.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my2, JaPrincess, this is for you. I recommend saving it to your personal note pad (click My Controls & scroll to the bottom). Along my NOA2-wait journey, I kept notes various people around VisaJourney gave me for what to do after NOA2 & saved them in my personal note pad. Then I dusted it off when I finally got the approval.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

thank you so much i appreciate this info

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodnight Yardies !! Thanks for the info Nat ! i also find this helpful..

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well im going to sleep now . hope everyone has good night

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is the point where I start thanking God for YOUR organizational skills! (F)

It's very nice of you to think of sharing with us (L)

Timeline

Glad to be at least far enough along in this journey to be able to help others. I feel like we're dancing the cha cha.... or whatever that dance is where people are in a line and have their hands on the waist of the person in front and move about. You know. You do this dance on cruises at midnight a lot.

I want to go on a cruise. :crying:

My sister turns 25 in January and is having a birthday cruise. I'm not going, though, since I doubt we'll have AP by then.

Time for bed. I feel rambly. Good night.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok Ive been M.I.A. for a min now. My2 I was sooo busy catching up I saw ur post late, but wassup. Heres my lil recap Sus Im glad everything is ok, luvly poem JAP you really did a great job!, I hear all the MIL stories....whew.....I don't have any issues with mine but time will tell. Bunz those shoes are nice. Nat talkin about feet I wear a size 10 also....dont have a problem with my feet just hate it when they dont have the shoes I like in my size(they go by quick). Congrats to everyone on their upcoming interview dates and those that are anxiously awaiting their SO. Hope ur feeling better Jawi....Kimmy just mek yuh husband tell him madda dat she affi pay extra fi di luggage she brite mek she galang and sen a barrel den. Nat thanx for the info it will be useful to me also. Oh welcome to all di new faces...mi nuh so new but I been busy.....I see I need to step my posting game up....lol

:wow: Damn I stayed up this long tryna catchup....ugh will see yall tmrrw...with probably more catchin up to do! :ranting::clock:

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.