SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
See and Im trying to convey that to my future mother in law but I don't think she is getting my point.....

What's the deal with your mother-in-law? She seems very much involved in this process... almost like she's EAGER to send her son away.

Oh, good morning, everyone!

Question: Has anyone rented a car out of the MBJ airport? If so, which company did you go with? I want to make sure the company I rent from is located at the airport and not some distance away.

Its not that she is eager to send him away, she just doesn't want him to get caught up in the streets, police, drugs, etc. and she wants him to have good job opportunites and a wonderful family. He has never been married, no kids, no smoking, no drinking and I think she wants to protect him. She is involved because she has a computer and she is the reason our documents get signed and returned so quickly. She has been very instrumental in assisting us. Im not even mad at her. I think she is used to doing things the best way she can. Thats how I see it. Sometimes our culture differences make it hard as well.

No smoking, no drinking, no kids, never been married, seems a little wealthier then most JA we hear about, she seems controlling right now......how INVOLVED has she been in his life?

I guess I am getting at is she a very controlling aspect to his life as well?

Not really just with this immigration process. He really is a great guy. After I spoke with his mom, I vented to him and he said "This is our ting, just do what you need to do and don't worry about my mom" So I know I have his support on this.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
See if their not involved we cuss if they are we cuss....somethings should just be...he's young and I'm glad she thinks coming here will be the best thing for him..I wish more mothers were like this...computer savvy an all...Mstee..just don't close ur eyes to ANYTHING no matter how small it may look..

Just don't jinx yourself and say how great she is - Cause what is in the dark always comes to the light! :whistle:fighting0019.gif

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well ladies hope every ones day goes well i am off to work .

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

msTee, hope you don't feel like we're ganging up on you (esp since you're kinda new to the thread). Sometimes we tend to be a tiny bit nosy & commentative.

-----

Question: Has anyone rented a car out of the MBJ airport? If so, which company did you go with? I want to make sure the company I rent from is located at the airport and not some distance away.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
See and Im trying to convey that to my future mother in law but I don't think she is getting my point.....

What's the deal with your mother-in-law? She seems very much involved in this process... almost like she's EAGER to send her son away.

Its not that she is eager to send him away, she just doesn't want him to get caught up in the streets, police, drugs, etc. and she wants him to have good job opportunites and a wonderful family. He has never been married, no kids, no smoking, no drinking and I think she wants to protect him. She is involved because she has a computer and she is the reason our documents get signed and returned so quickly. She has been very instrumental in assisting us. Im not even mad at her. I think she is used to doing things the best way she can. Thats how I see it. Sometimes our culture differences make it hard as well.

No smoking, no drinking, no kids, never been married, seems a little wealthier then most JA we hear about, she seems controlling right now......how INVOLVED has she been in his life?

See if their not involved we cuss if they are we cuss....somethings should just be...he's young and I'm glad she thinks coming here will be the best thing for him..I wish more mothers were like this...computer savvy an all...Mstee..just don't close ur eyes to ANYTHING no matter how small it may look..

No Im really not, Im on top of my game believe me and the other thing I want to say is his mom is 1 year older than me so I look at her more as a friend. When he steps off that plane, he is ALL mine and aint a dayum thing she is going to be able to say or do. Im SO going into this with my eyes open.

Timeline
msTee, hope you don't feel like we're ganging up on you (esp since you're kinda new to the thread). Sometimes we tend to be a tiny bit nosy & commentative.

-----

I haven't Nat - But I think most of the rental car companies will meet you at the airport - Island Car Rentals seems to be the best -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Oh, Nat....."loves to chat" is an understatement in Damion's case. That guy CAN'T shut up! If he weren't so funny and sweet, it would almost be annyoing.

Ackee is poisonious till it opens up. I've picked it right off the tree and ate it raw on many occassions. You would've thought I kicked somebody's puppy. Seems most JA's believe you really need to cook it or die. The poisonous aspect is one of the reasons importing it was stopped for a while till they could figure it out. I believe it is why it's so expensive now too.

glad u didn't get sick..what were u trying to prove doing that? or is it u picked an open one an ate it? Most Haitians I was told won't even look at ackee for that reason

Oh, hell no, Kimmy. It was open. I would never eat one NOT open. I just like the taste of it fresh off the tree.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

-----

No I dont feel that way at all, I take the good with the bad. I know that in the end of all this, things will work out the way God intends them to. His mom is good hearted I can tell Im a pretty good judge of character, but I don't put anything past anyone...Even good people have faults.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just don't jinx yourself and say how great she is - Cause what is in the dark always comes to the light! :whistle:fighting0019.gif

yuh si mi..glad i wasn't one of those :)

Oh, Nat....."loves to chat" is an understatement in Damion's case. That guy CAN'T shut up! If he weren't so funny and sweet, it would almost be annyoing.

Ackee is poisonious till it opens up. I've picked it right off the tree and ate it raw on many occassions. You would've thought I kicked somebody's puppy. Seems most JA's believe you really need to cook it or die. The poisonous aspect is one of the reasons importing it was stopped for a while till they could figure it out. I believe it is why it's so expensive now too.

glad u didn't get sick..what were u trying to prove doing that? or is it u picked an open one an ate it? Most Haitians I was told won't even look at ackee for that reason

Oh, hell no, Kimmy. It was open. I would never eat one NOT open. I just like the taste of it fresh off the tree.

:rofl: tank God..cause mi just a sey

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

ha ha....don't think I didn't think that more then a few times with mine, Sus.

-----

I have not, NPB.

No Im really not, Im on top of my game believe me and the other thing I want to say is his mom is 1 year older than me so I look at her more as a friend. When he steps off that plane, he is ALL mine and aint a dayum thing she is going to be able to say or do. Im SO going into this with my eyes open.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...........keep telling yourself that!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

hahaha..exactly! mine dug her own grave really..didn't do a dyam thing!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

First tropical wave of the season came off Africa yesterday. Predicting the first named storm out of it. So far, the 7 day predictions have it out in the ocean.

Something to watch.

It's one of those things you have to experience to get, Kimmy. You know.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
First tropical wave of the season came off Africa yesterday. Predicting the first named storm out of it. So far, the 7 day predictions have it out in the ocean.

Something to watch.

It's one of those things you have to experience to get, Kimmy. You know.

if mi know? all too dyam well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

-----

No I dont feel that way at all, I take the good with the bad. I know that in the end of all this, things will work out the way God intends them to. His mom is good hearted I can tell Im a pretty good judge of character, but I don't put anything past anyone...Even good people have faults.

don't all or most mothers want what is best for their children? whether they have alterior motives or not? i have seen some things in this process with hubbys family/friends where I have been like ####### is going on here??? but i still like to live my life by giving people the benefit of the doubt. i just can't go around thinking the worst of everyone. i think you can do that w/out being naive or a fool. i try to have acceptance for everyone...even if they suck

Timeline
don't all or most mothers want what is best for their children? whether they have alterior motives or not? i have seen some things in this process with hubbys family/friends where I have been like ####### is going on here??? but i still like to live my life by giving people the benefit of the doubt. i just can't go around thinking the worst of everyone. i think you can do that w/out being naive or a fool. i try to have acceptance for everyone...even if they suck

I agree..except when it comes to my crazy MIL.. :rofl::whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.