Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This is gonna sound strange but, sometimes I think I forget that hubby is here.

He walked in my office door just before noon & I wasn't expecting him. For a half second it was my brain clicking in to 'recognition' mode & the next half second my heart just JUMPED! It was like seeing someone you have a huge crush on appear when you least expect them. I found my reaction strange but delightful! :yes: Then I was just really happy to see him for a few minutes. I wonder if that means I like him..... :blush:

That just gave me the BIGGEST smile :D

:wub:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This is gonna sound strange but, sometimes I think I forget that hubby is here.

He walked in my office door just before noon & I wasn't expecting him. For a half second it was my brain clicking in to 'recognition' mode & the next half second my heart just JUMPED! It was like seeing someone you have a huge crush on appear when you least expect them. I found my reaction strange but delightful! :yes: Then I was just really happy to see him for a few minutes. I wonder if that means I like him..... :blush:

Aww..Ells that made me smile..love'll do that to ya

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Timeline
My co-worker friend is sooooo.....no wait, make that SOOOOOOO deluded! You can tell her the truth right to her face & she'll disregard it until she's blue in the face. Been 'dating' a married guy for nearly 5 years & he's been showing all the signs of trying to break it off with her psycho azz & she still thinks that it must be true (according to her) that he can't see her because 'she weighs so heavily on his mind all the time' & it's affecting his life with his family. PUUUUUHHHHLLLEEEEEEEEZZZZZ!!!! If you don't want to hear me say that it sounds like he's been trying to break it off for a while & insist on your version of the excuse, then you're on your own when the $hit hits the fan! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

uh she's not the only one my sister been with one for 6 years and he still married and running two houses :whistle: can you say DRAMA!! but he takes care of her though but i could not do it :no:

Me either. I grew up as an only child. I'm selfish and I don't like to share.

AOS Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Who wants to come? It's FREE!

http://powertothepeaceful.org/?page_id=128

wavesmile.gif

Maybe I can bring my son too!!! :yes:

Oh I just opened this I LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys. wish I were on the west coast!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
but alot of women put them heart and souls into such a man....man wid a bag a kids....broke...no thanks....no ####### that is worth that...

AMEN to that!

AOS Timeline

Timeline
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! irie u crazy.. i will have to teach my girls that too.. they were in a self defense class for a while but when they go to daddy's house and he don't take them it wastes my money.. heck .. baby daddy's can't live w/ them and can't live w/out them..

im glad she built up the coverage.. i remember those days on the bike and going down unchartered sidewalk LOL.. i would be soo scared..

This has turned into a HUGE event! She cannot get the big smile off her face. She has me out here taking pictures and everything! She came back again saying "wooooo hooooooooo" and high fiving me! LOL

hahaha...too cute..because she's conquered the forbidden road.

AOS Timeline

Timeline
Good Evenin Everyone....gonna go catch up now

Oh Congrats Regal :dance:

Thanks Hays still nervous as hell..

AOS Timeline

Timeline

good evening everyone >>. now to catch up

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
wish I were on the west coast!!

Me too! (L):yes:

One of these days I am going to bring Louis out to WA to see my dad's place and I REALLY REALLY wanna drive down to CA. I want to go to Big Sur and the Santa Lucia mountains... they look like St Lucia's mountains. I have only ever been to SFO airport!

SFO looks like my dream place to live... Wish I could make such a big jump... need $$ for that though...

Imanni & Tierra would have a blast together! :D

:thumbs:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so on a lighter no..we decided to file for Kashi's oldest girl..she no need fi be dere....him woulda haffi go kill smaddy soon...

dem modda is one sumpting..fi all who no know kashi have 3 other kids 1 inna di middle of the other @ who have the same modda..di one wid the 2 is wutliss til it look bad..why the 6 yr old pickney have like 10 rotting teet inna her mouth with holes in them..mi si dem tink a filings..bwoy was i wrong..kashi pudung one piece a tracing...bout she mek dentist appt fi sept..kissteet

den the modda wid the 1...send the child to the house with book list..mi send it back..call it what oonuh want..wi had them for the entire time we were there..a wol heap a money dat..wi bring school supplies and school shoes...u a tell mi she cyaa buy uniform and pay the 2500 school..mi a go show dem how hard mi wuk fi mine..so dem can do it to..brite

Ah so dem gwaan....like yuh a bank......liked how u handled it Kimmy :thumbs:

Orbitz.com

last 2 weeks of October (I can't fly after that)

Sure hope I get that KNG# soon so I can request an interview in Oct...

lawd, mi nerves....

Well I hope you will be able to go....i dont think u have anything to worry about

Wha ah gwan yardies? Just dropping in to say hello. No way I can catch up on what's been going on from this blackberry but I hope all is well. I been posting my status updates on FB and folks seem to enjoy them as I like gettin ur comments too. One thing not posted yesterday was when I took my daughter to get her locks/roots tightened. We were there a couple hours an where I pay $75 an hour in the states I was gratefully happy to get charged $1000JA total! I have to admit I bring hair and nail magazines to the beautician but still I was too happy being that $ here goes soo fast. I definatly am getting an education that I have not gotten in the prior 7 trips. I will try an hang out for a while but if anyone needs to contact me best way is FB.

Hey Jamerican....glad that you and ur daughter are enjoyin JA......tings like dat is always cheaper there....nothing like savin money in Jamaica

My co-worker friend is sooooo.....no wait, make that SOOOOOOO deluded! You can tell her the truth right to her face & she'll disregard it until she's blue in the face. Been 'dating' a married guy for nearly 5 years & he's been showing all the signs of trying to break it off with her psycho azz & she still thinks that it must be true (according to her) that he can't see her because 'she weighs so heavily on his mind all the time' & it's affecting his life with his family. PUUUUUHHHHLLLEEEEEEEEZZZZZ!!!! If you don't want to hear me say that it sounds like he's been trying to break it off for a while & insist on your version of the excuse, then you're on your own when the $hit hits the fan! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

uh she's not the only one my sister been with one for 6 years and he still married and running two houses :whistle: can you say DRAMA!! but he takes care of her though but i could not do it :no:

Wow how does she feel about being with him sooo long and he still with his wife....it has to be hard when she can't have him all to herself whenever she wants

I would never go thru something like that.....no amount of money will make me settle for second place!

That is crazy.....im glad she alive though....not many ppl have such a happy ending to stories like this.

they deserve each other

I agree also!!!! She needs :help:

finesse..a everyday ting dat a yaad..especially inna di garrisons...mi own husband used to affi come home a race up 2 big rass ooman dey pon di street a war over man..mussi rassclat mad! and dem all live nex door to ech odda...and matey cya chat to wifey cause di man wi tump hr dung...imagine me a fight ova a man...kissteet...

:rofl::rofl:

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Be careful about what you ask for for breakfast:

820.pic2_0.article.JPG

Pan-Wielding Wife Charged, Husband in Home

Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 2:47 pm

By: Denise Stewart, BlackAmericaWeb.com

A North Carolina woman is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday on charges of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury after she hit her husband in the head with a frying pan about 10 days ago.

Rosie Lewis, who neighbors said is now 72, had been jailed following the incident on Aug. 14, but was released last week, according to the Halifax County Sheriff Department. Her bond had been set at $2,500, according to published reports.

Lewis allegedly hit her 85-year-old husband, James, after he complained about what she made him for breakfast. She reportedly began making him a second meal, and their argument escalated, and Mr. Lewis raised his walking stick to hit her, authorities said. Mrs. Lewis responded by striking her husband several times, according to officials. Mr. Lewis required 50 stitches to mend his head.

He is now in a nursing home.

Arnette Silver, one of the Lewis’ neighbors on Justice Branch Road in the small, mostly-black town of Enfield, North Carolina described Rosie Lewis as quiet and easy-going. She has gone to spend time with relatives, Silver said.

“She didn’t want to be at the house by herself. I talked to her just the other day when she came by the house to get some of her things,” Silver told BlackAmericaWeb.com. “She said she still loved her husband, and she hated the way things happened."

The elderly couple’s altercation resulted from an exchange that is not unusual for aging couples, therapists say.

“As couples age, they often are less tolerant. They are in the house together all day, and this can happen,” said Sandra Cox, executive director of Coalition of Mental Health Professionals, based in south Los Angeles.

In some situations, elderly women may see an opportunity to avenge past abuse from their once-physically domineering husbands as they grow older and get weaker.

“I am not saying that this is what happened in this particular situation,” Cox told BlackAmericaWeb.com, “but I do know of cases where a woman may have suffered abuse earlier in the marriage, and when they see the husband as more frail, they respond [more aggressively].”

Silver said both Rosie and James Lewis had been in previous marriages and had lived in the Enfield since the late 1980s or early '90s.

According to Silver, the incident on Aug. 14 may have started as early as 5:30 a.m. when Mr. Lewis wanted to go out and do yard work, and his wife discouraged him because it was still dark.

“He always wanted to be busy,” Silver said. "He is a deacon in the church, and he likes doing work around the house."

On the morning of the incident, Silver said, Rosie Lewis told him she had fixed breakfast for her husband twice, and he complained about both. They exchanged words, and “he came at her with the cane. I guess that’s when the frying pan went airborne,” Silver said. “She said she had to defend herself.”

Halifax County officials said Rosie Lewis was freed from jail on a $2,500 unsecured bond.

“Forty-eight hours (incarceration) is a general rule for any domestic violence charge,” Lt. Bobby Martin of the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office said in an article published in the Rocky Mount (N.C.) Telegram. “I imagine she was released on an unsecured bond because of her age and health.”

Original reports that Lewis would be held until her first court appearance due a state law intended to protect victims of domestic abuse from further violence were incorrect, Martin said in the Rocky Mount Telegram article.

Cox said families have to assist elderly couples in assessing issues that lead to altercations.

“Sometimes there may be underlying physical conditions or illnesses that play .....

I don't know if I should be laughing at this but I'm AM!! She tried twice to make that man happy!

Lmfao, Damm I cant believe at that age they still have that kind of energy. But damm she did try twice and he complained both times so I think she was well within her rights to go across his head, but maybe only once. lol

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.