SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is Lawny??? :crying:

I am SOOOO tired this afternoon. Not sure how I'm gonna keep my eyes open for class. I've been up the last two nights till almost midnight reading what I need to for these classes. Last night we did a big grocery shop so by the time everything was put away & I started reading, it was definitely going to be a late night. I think I need another shot of caffeine...down to the cafeteria I go for some frozen yogurt & a Coke!

sounds like some nice going ons ells!!! EXCITING beres is this sunday!!! im excited..

girl i have thrown my hands up w/ that whole friend thing.. i guess when i REALLY think about it.. im the same as him, i never get too chummy w/ ppl.. guess long as they feel comfortable right??

Yeah, this is a good time of year for entertainment here. Finally mister will get to see a little more of why I love San Francisco so much. I know we'll never be able to afford a house here but I'd at least like to be here with him two or so years before we leave the city in search of cheaper digs.

I don't get chummy either....at least not until I've seen you a few times & we've talked a bit. But, when you are talking every day about how you have no friends & no one likes you (sometimes he needs coddling :luv: ), then it's time to make some effort & that means learning & remembering some names! I tell ya! :no:

Joel is adjusting quite well, I don't cook JA food, so he has accepted eating what I cook. Marie, our interview experience was very easy, they asked about 3 questions and then she said we were approved.

Note: the CR1 visa is the best, his stamp in the visa is equal to actually having the green card. Joel already had his SS# from when he wasworking here, so we don't have to wait on that. His stamp allows him to travel out of the country, so we will be going to the Bahamas the first week of Sept for our short Honeymoon. My GF is giving us the Hotel has a late wedding gift.

He just applied and got his own cell phone with Sprint in his own name. His driver license allows him to drive her in MD for six months before he has to change it. When we get back in Sept, he will start some serious job hunting.

The only thing that went wrong, was the mysterious BIG BROWN ENVELOPE was put into his luggage that was under the plane, so Custom had to walk him to get his luggage before they could check him in. That made him miss his connecting flight, but they put him on the very next flight out.

Hang in there it will be over soon.

You're lucky Joel is cool with your cooking! That's so nice. Lehi likes most of what I make but sometimes, like with the eggplant parmesan, he calls it 'white people' food & after a taste won't eat it again. Oh well, more for me! LOL!

That is great that he's already in the mix doing it by way of CR1. Definitely has its perks although may not be as fast as K1.

OOPS on the brown envelope in the luggage! :bonk:

when my fiance was here he would eat what i cooked some he liked some he didnt ...but he ate either way...when he felt like jamaican food he cooked..

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
VERSE:In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do notknow what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedesfor us with groans that words cannot express.-- Romans 8:26

THOUGHT:Isn't it incredible! Even in those times when my words areblocked and my heart is heavy, God hears my prayers. It is notbecause I am articulate, wise, or faithful enough to pray as Ishould. No, it is because God has graciously placed his Spirit inour hearts to make known what my words cannot capture and my mindcannot verbalize. God hears my groanings, my yearnings, myheartbreaks, and my heart-cries. He knows what I cannot think, butonly feel. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, he answers thoseunuttered prayers with his presence, grace, and power.

PRAYER:Father, I am comforted by the assurance that even if I don'tknow what to say, you know what I cannot articulate. I trust you toanswer my longings as you see fit, for I know that you know what Ineed far more than I know how to ask for it. In Jesus' name, andwith full confidence in the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

Powerful words, I like it! :thumbs:

Timeline

good evening everyone ...... i fianlly caught how ... how is everyone

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Yeah but at the end of the day KK u cant save the world. U have to remember we’re all different and where as others don’t like the extra weight some of us do. For instance me (knocking on wood) as I say this I am healthy as a horse I shock my doc every time cuz by looking at my medical records there is nothing wrong with me. I have no signs of diabetes, no high blood pressure my cholesterol is fantastic. That is why she can’t recommend me for surgery she said you have to have some medical problems and I have none. Now is she worried some will occur down the line as I get older YES so she is really encouraging me to lose the weight so later in life all these things I just told you I don’t have I might end up having. But I also know people who were heavy and no health problems and then they lost the weight through surgery or what ever and now she is a mess. Also diabetes doesn’t only strike those obese its strikes you if your thin too it’s all in your eating habit s. It’s like different strokes for different folks so if you know someone such as myself who is satisfied leave me alone with all your health talks and such. It’s has to be my decision to lose the weight it has to be me who has had enough but just because you don’t like the way I look doesn’t mean I need to change a thing so if I like being BIG and beautiful just like some of you like being thin cool.

*In my church voice *weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllah*!

Timeline
Yeah but at the end of the day KK u cant save the world. U have to remember we’re all different and where as others don’t like the extra weight some of us do. For instance me (knocking on wood) as I say this I am healthy as a horse I shock my doc every time cuz by looking at my medical records there is nothing wrong with me. I have no signs of diabetes, no high blood pressure my cholesterol is fantastic. That is why she can’t recommend me for surgery she said you have to have some medical problems and I have none. Now is she worried some will occur down the line as I get older YES so she is really encouraging me to lose the weight so later in life all these things I just told you I don’t have I might end up having. But I also know people who were heavy and no health problems and then they lost the weight through surgery or what ever and now she is a mess. Also diabetes doesn’t only strike those obese its strikes you if your thin too it’s all in your eating habit s. It’s like different strokes for different folks so if you know someone such as myself who is satisfied leave me alone with all your health talks and such. It’s has to be my decision to lose the weight it has to be me who has had enough but just because you don’t like the way I look doesn’t mean I need to change a thing so if I like being BIG and beautiful just like some of you like being thin cool.

*In my church voice *weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllah*!

why when i read your post saying my church voice i thought of the movie friday

Edited by my2rmylife

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
People I am trying not to loose my mind this morning...

He didn't call :(

The ONLY other time he did not call was when he got in that car accident in March. :(

He calls to wake me EVERY day. Please pray he is okay. I have not heard from him since he woke me yesterday morning. :crying:

lawd... I am a mess...

I am gone to take a shower and go to work. :(

Awww JaP.. I am just reading this but I hope you have heard from him!!!

Sounds great Mstee, you should see a Bariatric physician they can truly assist you weight your weight issues. For instance I was diagnosed as carbohydrate addict and is often undiagnosed and, of course, uncorrected. It means I have strong or recurring desire for breads and other starches, junk foods, snack foods, and sweets. We have a tendency to put weight on easily and, when we lose weight we regain the weight over time. For real you don't even know you have a physical disorder or an excess of insulin and your body processes sugar differently too. That's why I have to cut out carbs all together but its hard trust me I get moody down right evil but its the only thing that works for me in my weight struggle.

Thanks for your opinion and advice!

Timeline

O M G!!!!! [/size]

Hey yall we finally got approved!! As of 6:30pm, we rec'd the email from CRIS!! Less then 8 hours ago, I was experiencing anxiety over the wait for this document, now I semi have it and I'm scared to death! There's no pleasing me!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
O M G!!!!! [/size]

Hey yall we finally got approved!!

As of 6:30pm, we rec'd the email from CRIS!! Less then 8 hours ago, I was experiencing anxiety over the wait for this document, now I semi have it and I'm scared to death! There's no pleasing me!

RegAl YAAAAYY!!! GOOD NEWS :dance::dance::dance: I love good news it just motivates me :thumbs::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
I'm sorry but I really think that statement of I love being Big and beautiful is BS. Go ahead..cuss me out. But it's pure BS. Everyone is beautiful..big small, thin. Being BIG doesn't equal being Ugly? No thin or "normal" size women have to go around saying I'm thin and beautiful. I'm just beautful. Okay maybe they do say I'm "thick"...lol. I think it's a confidence builder to say..hey I'm big and beautiful and I love it. Even Monique was cussing the skinny itches out and look she was working on losing weight herself. I'm not evening looking at it from a how you look stand point. I'm looking at it from a feeling miserable stand point. I know when I gained weight I was miserable..it was hard to walk up stairs and I didn't have a lot of energy.

i have to agree with KK

some women do feel beautiful and love themselves

but i beleive most live in denial

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
O M G!!!!! [/size]

As of 6:30pm, we rec'd the email from CRIS!! Less then 8 hours ago, I was experiencing anxiety over the wait for this document, now I semi have it and I'm scared to death! There's no pleasing me!

YAY RegAl!!! :dance:

Now I don't have to feel bad anymore :lol:

Deep Breaths!! (F)

Thanks Mstee, yes I heard from him :ranting:

Timeline
roger would agree w/ u philly, he is very proud of ja.. he wanted to put a flag in my car... i told him what if i didn't want to, im not jamaican.. he said.. u HAVE to rep ja now baby.. u married to a yardman, ya know knoa?????

:wacko:

I only have my college plates on my car. I don't like the flashy stuff. I'm plain. :blush: Husband says he will put a little decal on his truck (when he gets one). I always see people with the head scarves on their head rest. It's too much for me. I'm really bourgeois. :blush:

yeah thats the one difference in us my sista.. i am so not bougeois.. i don't think i take it TOO far to where i am ghetto.. but i do get a lil hood rich sometimes LOL

i was just seeing what he would say.. i wouldlove to put a flag up in my car, hopefully we'll go get one, its a small stick up one for the window.. i just think ppl would think i was trying to be a jafakan :blush:

lol@ hood rich I like that

Timeline
I'm sorry but I really think that statement of I love being Big and beautiful is BS. Go ahead..cuss me out. But it's pure BS. Everyone is beautiful..big small, thin. Being BIG doesn't equal being Ugly? No thin or "normal" size women have to go around saying I'm thin and beautiful. I'm just beautful. Okay maybe they do say I'm "thick"...lol. I think it's a confidence builder to say..hey I'm big and beautiful and I love it. Even Monique was cussing the skinny itches out and look she was working on losing weight herself. I'm not evening looking at it from a how you look stand point. I'm looking at it from a feeling miserable stand point. I know when I gained weight I was miserable..it was hard to walk up stairs and I didn't have a lot of energy.

i have to agree with KK

some women do feel beautiful and love themselves

but i beleive most live in denial

You know weight issues are a touchy subject for most people especially when you have been dealing with it for years. I don't usually talk about it I internalize it and work on it on my own, with that said it takes a lot for me to speak openly about it and you people are stressing me out! Everyone has their opinion, we all have said its not easy but for people who don't have weight issues always trying to tell others how THEY feel about themselves is BS. I for one am thick in the waist and cute in the face, no let me get it right I am beautiful plain and simple and I am happiest when I am a size 18 yeah I said it and that is plus size! I have a thick frame I have a big batty and big breast that's just how God Made me curvalicious and , no matter how much weight I lose they aren't going anywhere! Now if I go over over a 18-20 yes I am miserable but its still plus size. Everyone is different and you really can't generalize.

Look at Queen Latifah she is on the campaign one size healthy which is the great way to start the journey and I applaud her for that!

What if everyone was Plus size and the skinny folks were outcasts then what?

Hea go my church voice again... *weeeeeeeeeeeeellllah*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
O M G!!!!! [/size]

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE APPROVAL!! :dance::dance:Hello Everyone! :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
i can HONESTLY say..if i was this same plus size, but better proportioned.. i would be HAPPY..

You can have some of mine Quana... specially dees dayum boobies, Im donatin to whoever wants em! Sometimes I chuckle about the weight thing but my kids always tell me I give the best hugs. Then they tell me Im so heavy cause my boobs weigh 50lbs each.. :rofl:

Timeline
O M G!!!!! [/size]

RegAl YAAAAYY!!! GOOD NEWS :dance::dance::dance: I love good news it just motivates me :thumbs::dance:

Thanks Ms Sheka! I keep reading it to make sure it says APPROVED!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.