SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Nat - I heard that tithing is an old testment concept. I haven't read the bible in it entirey so I don't know for myself. It'll take me forever to explain the person's point. and I have a plane to catch at 5:18 bound for ATL.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, mstee, Adjustment of Status.

Here's a tip I just ran across when reading tips for I-693. You're not supposed to have to submit it if you came on a K1 (at least that was true a year ago... I'm still reading from Feb 2008 in that thread), but often the medical results somehow didn't make it all the way to USCIS after POE.

If you're not at the AOS stage yet but are still waiting for your visa and researching AOS, when you enter the U.S. with your K visa, make sure you ask for a copy of your medical at the border in case you need it for AOS. Can't guarantee they will give you one but they just might. And it might come in helpful if you do end up getting this RFE. You're not supposed to get an RFE for a medical if your medical is not a year old, but it has been happening a lot, according to the posts on this forum - so it would be good to be prepared!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1619352

Nat our medical made it but the Civil Surgeon in JA did not complete it properly... the officer showed us the bottom part that had nothing check or filled out.... so he said that need to be completed he said he had over 13th cases that day most from the philipines(sp) and he saw the same issue too..

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The sermon was actually very moving and quite the contrary to the earlier praise service. It moved me very much. When it came time to give our offerings...Jonesie and I both pulled out $1000 JA...folded discreetly in our hand and waiting for the plate. Jonesies' niece looked in my hand and said "Ah whaa yuh a look change? Nutten no go so...de plate nuh have so much change man." I responded that I didn't want change, it was my offering. She kissed teet and said "Yuh cyaan buy yuh salvation...why yuh give so much Auntie...wan $50 or $100 dolla good." Then she looked at Jonesie and said "Ehhnnn...ah ow oonu stay inna farrin?" "Too much money yuh throw away." We were sitting there feeling bad that all we were giving was $1000 because we didn't bring a lot of money with us....and we got chastised for "showing off". We still laugh about it because she was so cute in her indignation.

After this long drawn out story...is it really bad to give "too much money" in Jamaican churches if the rest of the congregation can't give as much? I don't want to come off like I am better off or making others feel bad about what they can give. I plan to attend more services in Jamaica on my next reach...and I want to know what is acceptable.

tithing and offerings are always a touchy topic.

I look at it like this, God is an honest God. If He feels you have given too much, He will give it back

and i think there is somewhere in the bible, don't remember the scripture, where it says He will return to you exactly as how u have given to Him, so if you give alot you will get back alot, if you give little, you will get back little

there is no "appropriate" amount, maybe you went to a church in a less rich neighbourhood where ppl look on a thousand dollars as nuff money. but if you have it to give and if the spirit leads you to give that amount, who is another person to talk you down about it (in this case its a child so i understand)

I agree Bunz...I thought she was a little too outspoken...but it was cute too. She seemed so appalled in all her worldly years (under 10 years old)....that I had to laugh. The person passing the plate seem quite pleased.

Morning, all.

Mstee, hope your daughter feels better with whatever the docs give her.

Definitely, mint in mojitos. Mmmm.

Thank you we are back, as I suspected, they had to give her a breathing treatment. She is starting to feel some relief, so thank you!

glad to hear she is feeling better.

Has anyone had to get the non-impediment for the interview?

I didn't get it...but we both had pretty recent divorce decrees and decided to chance it. I would not give that type of advice because I don't want to be responsible for another person getting a blue slip.

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi All, I have been "incognegro" from this thread for a couple of days and I am sure I missed a lot so Congrats to all who got good news and God Bless to everyone! Going to catch up and will be back.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
I have ignored a few... some from people I did not know at all... I figure if they really know me and want to be my friend they will send a message saying who they are :whistle:

I got a request from a friends 12 year old :blink:

How you gonna let your 12 year old on facebook? (separate discussion, anyways :whistle: )

I have deleted one person :innocent:

After they sent me a message asking me to do them a favor and stop talking about crib sets so early in my pregnancy or I was going to loose my baby :wacko: #######?

I did her a favor and deleted her :lol:

some people...

:rofl:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

This just makes my day. Much love to you both and you are both still in my prayers. (F)

event.png

Timeline
Question:

Do you believe in teaching you children about abstinence or about tools (condoms, birth control etc)?

Give me your thoughts.

I believe in keeping it real with my daughter. As soon as she started asking questions I started anwering her honestly and graphically. Eg. when she was ten years old and asked about condoms bcos her friends and her saw one on the ground and began some myths and stuff about it. I took one out of my purse and stretched it over my balled up fist to show her that no matter how much a boy claims he is BIG and therefore cannot fit a condom, it is a lie. We have talked about ####### sex, last wknd, bcos some new kids now think that is not real sex. I keep it real and have pictures to show if needed. STL has been the number STD city in the nation amongst teenagers and I REFUSE to keep sex education hush, hush in my household.

Edited by Shaunsgal

event.png

Timeline
yep we filed last year kimmy and were "post-poned" an approval based on a medical mishap the doctor essed up and admitted to us to but would not try to help us fix and RIchard got a ban until next October.....i have always referred to it as our denial last november but have been corrected by congress and our lawyer that we were not completely denied.....just post-poned to a new interview for next year.....we do not want to take ANY chance of a denial after putting up so much of a stink after the interview and getting congress and department od state involved so we decided to marry and refile and start from scratch.....after 5 years together we are sick of waiting.....my damn dress has been hanging in my closet for a year, we bought our rings last november (the day before our interview) and what not......

thanks KK.....i am counting down and cant wait to see pics myself :) LOL

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! True love always prevails (L)

event.png

Timeline
.....once vacation bids are in i will announce to FB world LOL.....

Forgive me for being mean but I say post a fake date on FB anyway and watch what ensues... :lol:

event.png

Timeline

I am going to be in Maryland for my high school reunion on May 22 and would love to meet up with any VJers in town so link me up pleeze. Our US chapter decided it was the central place for all of us here, those who live in Europe just met in July in London for theirs. I am soooo excited it's been over 20 years.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This week's play by play of rising stars

Theme: Gospel Night

Judges: Anthony, Nadine, Clyde

First Performance: Princess Tia

Song: some song by yolanda adams

My thoughts: Started weak, not her best. I think reggae songs suit her best.

Anthony: Thinks she is cuter than she is a good singer

Nadine: Thought she conveyed alot of emotions

Clyde: Thought she delivered well. Song came across well.

Second Performance: Angele Smith (why is he still in the competition?)

Song: God is Truly Amazing (originally sung by Denise Williams)

My thoughts: Very meh. He tried though.

Anthony: $hitted on him

Nadine: Blah blah blah.....he was sincere......blah blah blah.

Clyde: Blah blah blah....he sucked.....blah blah blah.

Third Performance: Sandy Smith

Song: I'm Persuaded

My thoughts: Much improved over last week. Vocals are good this week.

Anthony: Thought it was much better than last week.

Nadine: Thought she did well. She was stunned, she thought she was intense.

Clyde: Very passionate rendition, He was "persuaded" (corny)

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Here's Tia's Top 6 performance. It's gospel week on Rising Stars.

The # to vote (call or text "Vote" to) is 876-444-5501

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
congrats yankeesgirl!

thanks mstee and bunz!

and whats your name on FB bunz??? i saw a post a while back that you were on there now!

im happy for you ... congrats

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Bunz, what happened starting with Brown Sugar? My connection dropped & I missed everything that's happened since she started singing. :angry: Guess I should be happy it didn't cut out right before Tia...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So what do think of wearing socks with sandals?

this is like scratching the chalk board for me. it annoys me. Not that I should care what people wear but i can't even look at..

Oh my gosh! That is the worst! Up here in Maine we have many, many Birkenstock and socks wearers! Even worse when they are old guys with shorts and black dress socks! Ewww!

lol thats the worst << i hate when people wear sock with flip flops ..

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.