SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my son and his friends wear socks with those adidas or those jordan sandal/slipper/flip flops.....looks kinda cute. other than that it looks like someone trying to cover up some ugly feet!

Speaking of ugly feet...

All growing up, I HATED my feet. You'd pretty much NEVER catch me wearing any open-toed shoes or flip flops or anything through elementary school and high school. I felt more self-conscious when swimming about my feet than my body. But when I went to college, I saw that people with a variety of foot-shapes still showed them. I felt LIBERATED! I no longer felt self-conscious about wearing flip flops or going barefoot.... even when one of my sorority sisters told me that my feet looked like Shrek's, it still didn't shake my new-found joy at baring them.

LMAO! :rofl: nat yuh gimme joke dis morning!

what a gyal rude!!!

what did you say in response? or was it because u were pledging and they were being mean why she said that?

i have big feet and i effen hate them!!!!

so i feel you nat, at least your feet are small and neat

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't recall what I said, but it didn't bother me. Had it been 5 years previously, I might've cried at such a statement.

And my feet are NOT small. I wear a 10 wide.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
oohh...sexy! do he suck dem toes too? :rofl:

I haven't reached that level yet. I find the thought of sucking any part of a foot utterly disgusting... all that slobber, yuck. But kissing feet is fine.

i haven't reached that level either

hubby always saying he wants to kiss them and i am like haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl NO!

upherebl.gif

Timeline
thanks Nat.. and like i said girl. for a good 2 yrs roger and i have been fornicating up the WHAZOO!!!!!!!!!!

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::whistle::rofl:

but like like Donnie say, we fall but we get up right???.. i don't think God is looking for perfection, he looks at the heart.. look at David (adulterer, but man after Gods own heart) :yes: ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!

kk.. lef mi..mi gone a whole day.. ya knoa mi affi get in my 2 cents LOL...u having a good weekend thus far???

hey mstee, wha gwaan wid u my gyal!

for real i wasn't talking bout the board tho, something happend w/ a couple of friends of mine..and i just been numb man... :(

i understand what jawi was saying, man ja p man has said some nice things, but that one took the cake the other day.. LOL but shoot we always talking bout what some of our guys be saying, i refer to it as jamaican love talk class :wacko: i said something bout it to ja p jokingly bout him being the valedictorian :D ..but most of us have found out the difference between a sensitive man and the bull ####### :thumbs:

i don't think anybody was attacking their relationship, its just hard when ur forever defending urself on the outside probably.. u may have ur guard up.. (F)(F)(F)

i know thats over and done with tho so i don't mean to bring it up again.. just a coincidence that i was going thru something similar yesterday...

Thank you Quana and Moni_Calla for understanding where I was coming from.

:ot: :ot:

I'm missing my girl Jonesie really bad right now. I'm happy that she was able to get back to Jamaica with the family and enjoy herself because she had such a rough pregnancy and Jamaica was put on the backburner.

Well, I was thinking about our last trip together in August 08. We went to church, and we were actually getting quite bored during "praise and worship"...it resembled Sunday School when we were young tykes...so we started discussing the decor inside the church. There was a huge picture of a Black Jesus on the wall behind the pulpit. Well the drawing/image reminded me of a Rasta that had just burned a huge amount of spliffs...his eyes were red in the painting. I commented on it...Jonesie laughed and her little niece quickly corrected us on our poor behavior. After being thoroughly chastised by a small child...we stifled our laughter and giggles and participated in the remainder of the service.

The sermon was actually very moving and quite the contrary to the earlier praise service. It moved me very much. When it came time to give our offerings...Jonesie and I both pulled out $1000 JA...folded discreetly in our hand and waiting for the plate. Jonesies' niece looked in my hand and said "Ah whaa yuh a look change? Nutten no go so...de plate nuh have so much change man." I responded that I didn't want change, it was my offering. She kissed teet and said "Yuh cyaan buy yuh salvation...why yuh give so much Auntie...wan $50 or $100 dolla good." Then she looked at Jonesie and said "Ehhnnn...ah ow oonu stay inna farrin?" "Too much money yuh throw away." We were sitting there feeling bad that all we were giving was $1000 because we didn't bring a lot of money with us....and we got chastised for "showing off". We still laugh about it because she was so cute in her indignation.

After this long drawn out story...is it really bad to give "too much money" in Jamaican churches if the rest of the congregation can't give as much? I don't want to come off like I am better off or making others feel bad about what they can give. I plan to attend more services in Jamaica on my next reach...and I want to know what is acceptable.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
The sermon was actually very moving and quite the contrary to the earlier praise service. It moved me very much. When it came time to give our offerings...Jonesie and I both pulled out $1000 JA...folded discreetly in our hand and waiting for the plate. Jonesies' niece looked in my hand and said "Ah whaa yuh a look change? Nutten no go so...de plate nuh have so much change man." I responded that I didn't want change, it was my offering. She kissed teet and said "Yuh cyaan buy yuh salvation...why yuh give so much Auntie...wan $50 or $100 dolla good." Then she looked at Jonesie and said "Ehhnnn...ah ow oonu stay inna farrin?" "Too much money yuh throw away." We were sitting there feeling bad that all we were giving was $1000 because we didn't bring a lot of money with us....and we got chastised for "showing off". We still laugh about it because she was so cute in her indignation.

After this long drawn out story...is it really bad to give "too much money" in Jamaican churches if the rest of the congregation can't give as much? I don't want to come off like I am better off or making others feel bad about what they can give. I plan to attend more services in Jamaica on my next reach...and I want to know what is acceptable.

tithing and offerings are always a touchy topic.

I look at it like this, God is an honest God. If He feels you have given too much, He will give it back

and i think there is somewhere in the bible, don't remember the scripture, where it says He will return to you exactly as how u have given to Him, so if you give alot you will get back alot, if you give little, you will get back little

there is no "appropriate" amount, maybe you went to a church in a less rich neighbourhood where ppl look on a thousand dollars as nuff money. but if you have it to give and if the spirit leads you to give that amount, who is another person to talk you down about it (in this case its a child so i understand)

Edited by Bunzarelli

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Morning, all.

Mstee, hope your daughter feels better with whatever the docs give her.

Definitely, mint in mojitos. Mmmm.

Thank you we are back, as I suspected, they had to give her a breathing treatment. She is starting to feel some relief, so thank you!

Timeline
Haven't been posting much but decided to post since the board is pretty slow now...i've been meaning to post to answer other posters but by the time i get a chance its like the board went 20 deep in pages and i felt so late so i just don't bother :blush: ....i wanted to post about the adjustment question:

Hubby and I are doing much much better nowadays...we pretty much are on the same page with the hanging out thing cause that was one of our biggest problem...he sees where i'm coming from and how I feel about it and I see where he is coming from...I had a talk w/ my twin brother about me and hubby situation and he bascially told me to just step aside and let hubby do him...I didn't like the advice at first but did it anyway and it actually worked out in my favor...I saw since I stopped nagging he gradually stopped hanging out as much and was more at home with me...its been good every since...now the complaint i have now is that he is lazy as bleep... :angry: ...he's been like that from the beginning but i guess its getting to me now cause i'm getting closer to my due date and can't do everything like i use to by myself so when i ask him for help its a whole big thing...ugh...he feels men shouldn't do inside housework... :blink:...he will cut the grass and take out the garbage...but you have to beg him to do like dishes and he wouldn't even think to tidy up the rooms in the house...it is soo annoying...

i'm very happy things are looking up!

my highlight is to say this is typical for most Jamaican men. They are taught to do everything "manly" but most will not wash dishes...i blame the mothers for this...u can try to fight this but good luck..Kashi will not clean the batheroom and i have accepted that because he cooks, cleans makes the beds whash dishes...oo he won't change the sheets..and thats my compromise i do not even fight about it anymore..so i hope u can work this out

at first,this was something i had a hard time understanding. i wasn't sure if this was a jamaican cultural thing or just particular to my husband. hubby used to tell me that most men would NEVER do this type of housework so i should be thankful.....and i would be like #######??? i have never had that mentality of women do these kinds of things and men do those kinds of things. if something needs to be done, just do it. its not like i'm going around yelling that my husband does this or that. especially if we are both working fulltime......this home belongs to the both us....we are equally responsible. i am not going to work all day AND be the maid and the cook around this bytch...i don't expect hubby to do that either. we are a family and this is an equal partnership....a marraige is about compromise.....ur not always gonna like everything u do..

Amen to that Finesse. This topic made me talk to Steve and he said he has NO problem cleaning *whew* but I knew that when visited because everytime I tried to do the dishes he wouldnt let me do it. I tried to trick him too but to no avail.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, been trying to catch up - DJ is feeling better, but as usual, he's having cell issues - it keeps freezing when he answers - so he can text, but we can't talk - the man is a curse on a phone! Digicel is STILL not working for me - so frustrating!

Hope everyone had a good weekend - yesterday was a glorious day spent by the pool - saw lots of old friends this weekend that I haven't seen in a while. Just waiting for my friends to get home so I can go home - I will be home till Friday, then on to the next dog sitting job, lol!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

sus its good to hear you two can communicate again, despite the tech issues

i just looked on the top 20 posters and i see nat is the third highest poster

upherebl.gif

Timeline
i watched it while I was in jamaica. they hard on folks.

Aren't they! I think it's ridiculous (same with some judges on American shows too). Like, comments/opinions regarding the singing are par for the course, but personal attacks are NOT necessary. The worst comment IMO given to contestants was just over a week ago. The "harsh" judge told the bottom two that they were in the bottom because people vote based on appearance, not just singing ability.

Sus, glad you at least can talk to him sometimes to know that he's alive & able to talk.

Bunz, you'll probably only ever see that on weekends. The regular posters who chat weekdays at work don't chat as much on the weekends. That's when I have more time to spend online.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Has anyone had to get the non-impediment for the interview?

It's in packet 3 as a requirement, but I haven't heard of anyone getting an RFE for not having it. Are you thinking about not getting it? I considered that, too, since it's WAAAAAY too expensive for something that seems optional.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

I'm the #1 poster right now. Time for a nap.

Jawi, I don't think the niece had any business commenting on what you chose to give to God's church. That's between you & God.

I do know that a lot of people seriously question or don't understand tithing. Ahh... let me not get on that soapbox again today. Time for a nap.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.