SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
IDK. I guess so. Nothing in my new house reminds me of him. I do know that much.

Finesse, I think that is exactly why I don't want to go back to JA even for vacation. Reminds me too much of him.

So that means you need a new island. Where to now?

My new friends or should say my blast from the past wants to go to Jamaica. I looked at him like umm :blink: why there. He said bcuz he hasn't been in years and he wants to go back. He told me he wouldn't cramp my style he wouldn't mind me hooking up with my friends. If only he knew what kind of friends my friends were would he have the same opinion?

IDK I can't really see myself going back to JA with a man even though if I ever get married again that is where I want my wedding to be unless I fall in love with a new island. I just feel like its bringing sand to the beach. I'm so used to going to JA and having a blast I wouldn't know how to act if I had to keep still and keep my eyes to myself. I know I would definitely have to take sun glasses and I don't normally wear them things..

Ha ha.....

I have a list and not necessarily islands:

Mexico tops my list. I want to climb some Mayan ruins.

Australia to dive the great barrier reef.

Nicaragua (sp?)

Paris

And, there are so many places I have not been to in the US.....Vegas, NY, Cali.

Edited by *JG*

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mstee, that automatic flushing story was hilarious.

I live on text messaging. Cannot stand to actually talk on a phone anymore.

Echo this. I feel a phone is only for long conversations with people not in the same city. Texts are for relaying information... especially useful if asking a group of people the same question. I much rather text 4 people and ask "Poetry club Sunday?" than call each one & ask.

I lost my phone in the store and some dude found it. I called it and he answered so I asked for my phone back, he put me on hold, so I hung up and asked for it again, he said "yeah you can have it but you have to pay for it"... When I told my girlfriends they wanted to meet him someone and beat the snot out of him, but i just took him, "you keep it, obviously you need it more than I do...." people I tell ya...

Boooooo! I like your friends' option, with a modification. No need to beat him up, but a bit of intimidation (and force if necessary) sounded appropriate.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I 2nd that emotion!

i 3rd that one

have you ever been talking on the phone and feel like hanging up on someone when they are right in the middle of a sentence and thinking that you will later blame on the battery dying becaus eyou don't want to listen that person talk anymore about absolutely nothing???

or while that person is talking about nothing..your mind starts to wonder and you have no idea what they're are saying but you just make generic comments back.

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Timeline
I lost my phone in the store and some dude found it. I called it and he answered so I asked for my phone back, he put me on hold, so I hung up and asked for it again, he said "yeah you can have it but you have to pay for it"... When I told my girlfriends they wanted to meet him someone and beat the snot out of him, but i just took him, "you keep it, obviously you need it more than I do...." people I tell ya...

Dang MsTee first u flush it down the toilet and then you leave it in the store. I say from now on when you go into the store leave your phone in the car….

Timeline
have you ever been talking on the phone and feel like hanging up on someone when they are right in the middle of a sentence and thinking that you will later blame on the battery dying becaus eyou don't want to listen that person talk anymore about absolutely nothing???

LOL This brought back memories. I hated being on the phone long when I was in high school. I used to tell my friends that I had to REALLY use the restroom to get off the phone. They probably wondered what was wrong with my system, I used that reason so often. Or I'd have my mother/sister call out my name & tell the person I needed to go respond.

This also reminded me of an article I read in one of those Jamaican newspapers... Apparently, it's common for people to call someone & soon hang up (pretending call dropped or whatever) so that the other person could call them back, in an effort to save minutes at the other person's expense.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

LOL This brought back memories. I hated being on the phone long when I was in high school. I used to tell my friends that I had to REALLY use the restroom to get off the phone. They probably wondered what was wrong with my system, I used that reason so often. Or I'd have my mother/sister call out my name & tell the person I needed to go respond.

This also reminded me of an article I read in one of those Jamaican newspapers... Apparently, it's common for people to call someone & soon hang up (pretending call dropped or whatever) so that the other person could call them back, in an effort to save minutes at the other person's expense.

That's been going on forever, Nat. Funny they wrote an article about it though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
He didn't want to. A friend of mine offered to pay for his one way ticket if he wanted it. He said no.

IDK why. Life is not going to be easy for him. But, then again, it wasn't so easy there. I guess given the choice between living with his mom and 11 kids or living with his GF and 2 kids--1 of the his, here sounded better.

Umm yeah I would take Option 2 as well. 11 kids?? I would sleep on the streets first. But if the GF was dragging her child and he has got fat it doesnt sound like things are going to swell.

i don't think he is fat......she is getting big....like you know from being preggo

see how rumors get started

She did so say he is getting fat. Go back and reread!!!

Cha mi so tired of u an KK calling mi out fi what I know I read.

Timeline
Dada ok I ended up falling asleep on Real chance but its was on DVR # 1 that Yeti challenge was a hot mess but it was funny :lol: who got voted off?

On DYAO why did Mr Philly call it! He knew who would be voted off, and we both agree Shayla is annoying with her crying rass. Please tell me why the host looks like she is gonna drop dead because she can't breath I mean what in the heezy do they have on her under that dress an old ime corset? Its not good look and she is annoying too sigh..... Ok who do you think is gonna win? I say the dude he is my favorite :thumbs:

I agree she looks good in her dresses but her middle always looks so sucked in like every breath she takes is her last. Ruben the guy might win but I’m tired of him bagging about needing the money for his partner John. I think he is using sympathy to get the votes too. I mean he’s good but still we don’t need to hear about John each and every time and his high medical bills cause he got C. It’s like enough already. Pinky did do well last night I was shocked. If Shayla would stop all that damn crying I would want her to take it. I’m looking forward to next week.

On Real and Chance. Chance voted the girl off that looks like a nerd you know the one that wears the glasses. Chance passed he couldn’t decide who to get rid of between blond Baller and the one with the real big butt so they got a pass last nite.

Timeline
IDK. I guess so. Nothing in my new house reminds me of him. I do know that much.

Finesse, I think that is exactly why I don't want to go back to JA even for vacation. Reminds me too much of him.

So that means you need a new island. Where to now?

My new friends or should say my blast from the past wants to go to Jamaica. I looked at him like umm :blink: why there. He said bcuz he hasn't been in years and he wants to go back. He told me he wouldn't cramp my style he wouldn't mind me hooking up with my friends. If only he knew what kind of friends my friends were would he have the same opinion?

IDK I can't really see myself going back to JA with a man even though if I ever get married again that is where I want my wedding to be unless I fall in love with a new island. I just feel like its bringing sand to the beach. I'm so used to going to JA and having a blast I wouldn't know how to act if I had to keep still and keep my eyes to myself. I know I would definitely have to take sun glasses and I don't normally wear them things..

Ha ha.....

I have a list and not necessarily islands:

Mexico tops my list. I want to climb some Mayan ruins.

Australia to dive the great barrier reef.

Nicaragua (sp?)

Paris

And, there are so many places I have not been to in the US.....Vegas, NY, Cali.

After watching Mamma Mia Greece looks good to me. I fell in love with the water.

Timeline

Where is Quana today??? I wanted her to see the church videos. :unsure:

Ells what are you in school for? I start again tomorrow.. 3 classes and my practicum! By the way, writing is my favorite thing so if you ever need me to look over a paper holla!

Just 3 more classes (2 this semester & 1 next) to get my general AA. I've dragged my feet for nearly 20 years in community college & I'm so over it! I need to get this out of the way so I can figure out what to do for a 4-year education/degree.

Oh boy...co-worker was in an accident yesterday. No one was hurt...thank God.

But you think he would've called in....okay...I'mma stop worrying about him.

He wasn't hurt & he couldn't even call in? Yeah, don't worry about him but I can see where you're concerned considering it effects your workflow.

:wow: Ellsinlove, I'm cured :yes:

Glad to be able to share it! I saw that video a few months ago & after decided to try & be even less of a consumer.

i don't think he is fat......she is getting big....like you know from being preggo

OKAY?!? :rofl:

I 2nd that emotion!

i 3rd that one

Texts were as bad or worse for me than someone blabbering on on the phone. One day, I got two stupid a$$ messages. First one, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!".....second one, "come to my show tonight at blah blah & help support me". Right after the second message, I called AT&T & had them block text messages on my phone.

I just find them to be continual little interruptions to my flow & most of the time are as useless as someone droning on. When it comes to talking to someone, if they aren't saying anything useful, I have no problem cutting them off & saying, "I have to go <insert whatever it is you need to do> so I'll talk to you later, okay?"

Timeline

Roc's friends used to do that all the time to him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He didn't want to. A friend of mine offered to pay for his one way ticket if he wanted it. He said no.

IDK why. Life is not going to be easy for him. But, then again, it wasn't so easy there. I guess given the choice between living with his mom and 11 kids or living with his GF and 2 kids--1 of the his, here sounded better.

Umm yeah I would take Option 2 as well. 11 kids?? I would sleep on the streets first. But if the GF was dragging her child and he has got fat it doesnt sound like things are going to swell.

She did so say he is getting fat. Go back and reread!!!

Cha mi so tired of u an KK calling mi out fi what I know I read.

a little sensitive are we??

fighting0030.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.