SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I almost ran over Andre's girlfriend and her kid last night. Damn woman ran out into the very busy street dragging the little boy by the hand. I was toolin' down the street in my lane, following traffic, minding my own business......Didn't even realize it was him and, subsequently, her, until I was passing.

That would not have been cool at all.

did she flip you off?

Ha ha.....not even sure she knows what I look like. I didn't know it was her till I saw him standing there. Put him, the big belly, and the little kid together and the lightbulb went off in my head. I'm not even sure either of them really saw it was me.

It was just wierd.

that is wierd. do you still talk to him? do you think he is happy? what does his gf look like?

Nope. My son called me a few weeks ago to ask me a question Andre needed answered. Otherwise, I haven't talked to him at all since maybe April, I think.

I hope he's happy; but I don't care either way.

Didn't really see her well. I saw a picture once and don't remember having much of a reaction. She had a big belly. Otherwise, she seemed normal size. I was more worried about hitting her and her kid then what she actually looked like.

why didn't he go back to jamaica? cuz the girl pregnant? if me and my hubby split, not sure if he would want to stay here...

He didn't want to. A friend of mine offered to pay for his one way ticket if he wanted it. He said no.

IDK why. Life is not going to be easy for him. But, then again, it wasn't so easy there. I guess given the choice between living with his mom and 11 kids or living with his GF and 2 kids--1 of the his, here sounded better.

i suppose it is a no win situation for him...oh well, sucks to be him

everything about where you/he lives has YOU written all over it....meaning he wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you and everything about the place is what you have shown him....doesn't everything remind him of you??

just my thougths....i wouldn't want to be constantly reminded of someone who i am no longer with....

IDK. I guess so. Nothing in my new house reminds me of him. I do know that much.

Finesse, I think that is exactly why I don't want to go back to JA even for vacation. Reminds me too much of him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I almost ran over Andre's girlfriend and her kid last night. Damn woman ran out into the very busy street dragging the little boy by the hand. I was toolin' down the street in my lane, following traffic, minding my own business......Didn't even realize it was him and, subsequently, her, until I was passing.

That would not have been cool at all.

did she flip you off?

Ha ha.....not even sure she knows what I look like. I didn't know it was her till I saw him standing there. Put him, the big belly, and the little kid together and the lightbulb went off in my head. I'm not even sure either of them really saw it was me.

It was just wierd.

that is wierd. do you still talk to him? do you think he is happy? what does his gf look like?

Nope. My son called me a few weeks ago to ask me a question Andre needed answered. Otherwise, I haven't talked to him at all since maybe April, I think.

I hope he's happy; but I don't care either way.

Didn't really see her well. I saw a picture once and don't remember having much of a reaction. She had a big belly. Otherwise, she seemed normal size. I was more worried about hitting her and her kid then what she actually looked like.

why didn't he go back to jamaica? cuz the girl pregnant? if me and my hubby split, not sure if he would want to stay here...

He didn't want to. A friend of mine offered to pay for his one way ticket if he wanted it. He said no.

IDK why. Life is not going to be easy for him. But, then again, it wasn't so easy there. I guess given the choice between living with his mom and 11 kids or living with his GF and 2 kids--1 of the his, here sounded better.

i suppose it is a no win situation for him...oh well, sucks to be him

everything about where you/he lives has YOU written all over it....meaning he wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you and everything about the place is what you have shown him....doesn't everything remind him of you??

just my thougths....i wouldn't want to be constantly reminded of someone who i am no longer with....

IDK. I guess so. Nothing in my new house reminds me of him. I do know that much.

Finesse, I think that is exactly why I don't want to go back to JA even for vacation. Reminds me too much of him.

damn, that really sucks...

sorry for asking so many questions but that is just me, i can't help it...

i truly am saddened by your story.....wish everyones relationship could work out...

Timeline

It's okay, Finesse. I'm not bitter. Lessons learned. I don't regret the whole of it, just some of the parts. I wish him the very best life has to offer him.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone....Still no NOA2 :clock:.....im trying to be patient tho....obviously its not working!!

.....Well im gonna catch up now

Hey Hays,

I have been there is it a bag of stress but I'm gonna tell you don't stress it's not worth it because you will. just drive yourself nuts. My wig was crooked many a day stressing over my petitions. Just keep the faith yuh NOA 2 soon come :thumbs:

Hi everyone!

It's been so long since I've come in the yardie thread. the whole process just had be depressed. I had to stay away from VJ for a while.

Visited Lance last month and had a great time with him. School is back in so I'm teaching again. It keeps my mind off the process.

Got an RFE email today :crying: I don't know what they want...I sent in everything they asked for.

- Marie (F)

Hey Marie,

Long time no hear from, why did you get an RFE? Have you called them to find out what they are missing? I hope you able to get this resolved quickly (F)

I felt the same way...its hard

I usually have to buy a new one due to the fact that I keep having mishaps with cell phones, for example, I was at the market and I had to go to the bathroom soooooooooooo bad and my cell phone was in my back pocket so I was rushing to get my pants down and I thought I heard the phone fall to the floor but it was in the toilet, by the time I realized it and tried to grab it, the toilet had an automatic flush and sucked the phone down and it ALMOST sucked my hand down!!! Lawd havacamercy!!! :bonk::rofl:

Mornin everyone!

Morning Regal!

WT?? OMG! Now THAT is too funny!

Stuff like that always happens to me... lol

Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Man, this reading for school is already kicking my butt. I was up till almost midnight & still have another couple hours or more of reading to do before Wednesday....and that's just for one class....still have my reading for english class to do. This semester is going to be VERY challenging! Those late hours & early mornings just make me feel hungover in the mornings.

Hi everyone!

It's been so long since I've come in the yardie thread. the whole process just had be depressed. I had to stay away from VJ for a while.

Visited Lance last month and had a great time with him. School is back in so I'm teaching again. It keeps my mind off the process.

Got an RFE email today :crying: I don't know what they want...I sent in everything they asked for.

Sorry you are going through all these delays Marie! I understand your depression there. You can come here to vent or let out your frustrations any time. :((F)

Well a few ppl have been gettin their NOA2 since last week....hoping this is my lucky week......if i dont hear anything this week wat should I do???

I don't know what the process is after the 6 month date but we have a couple yardies here that may know. But it does sound like you may get that NOA2 very soon! Here's hoping for that so you don't have to go through the other stuff! :thumbs:

So Special is my JOINT!!!! Every time I hear it i picture de men in Jamaica dancing to it...

I sing that song a lot, but change the "I'm so special." to "I'm so sleepy." ... "That's why I'm strapped with my 45 sleepy."

You're funny Nat! :lol: That could be my song these days too!

Are you the tech gadget snapper?

Not at all. I have to be able to REALLY justify a purchase. For example, I don't buy a new cell phone just because I qualify for the discount. I wait until my current one stops working. I can't imagine going out & getting a flat panel TV, even though I want one, because my current tvs work just fine.

Even my iPod took me a LONG time to decide to buy.

Steven, on the other hand, has the nickname "Gizmo" because he likes his gadgets.

My TV is a 1987 model & still works just fine so I have no intention of replacing it any time soon. Now that we have digital, it has a remote so that works for me! :yes:

AT&T had to FORCE me off of my analog phone & offer me a free digital cell before I would make the switch. I can be very tech savvy but I just don't see the point in most of it. I don't even use text messaging since it's useless to me. I don't have time for mini messages all day long. Talk to me when you have a minute or forget about it....I'll catch ya on the flip side.

Mister, however, is going to be a pain in the butt when he starts working and wants to spend all his money on gadgets! :bonk::bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

chat with you all later going to the pool with the kids

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Morning Yardies!

Man, this reading for school is already kicking my butt. I was up till almost midnight & still have another couple hours or more of reading to do before Wednesday....and that's just for one class....still have my reading for english class to do. This semester is going to be VERY challenging! Those late hours & early mornings just make me feel hungover in the mornings.

Hi everyone!

Sorry you are going through all these delays Marie! I understand your depression there. You can come here to vent or let out your frustrations any time. :((F)

Well a few ppl have been gettin their NOA2 since last week....hoping this is my lucky week......if i dont hear anything this week wat should I do???

I don't know what the process is after the 6 month date but we have a couple yardies here that may know. But it does sound like you may get that NOA2 very soon! Here's hoping for that so you don't have to go through the other stuff! :thumbs:

So Special is my JOINT!!!! Every time I hear it i picture de men in Jamaica dancing to it...

I sing that song a lot, but change the "I'm so special." to "I'm so sleepy." ... "That's why I'm strapped with my 45 sleepy."

You're funny Nat! :lol: That could be my song these days too!

Are you the tech gadget snapper?

Not at all. I have to be able to REALLY justify a purchase. For example, I don't buy a new cell phone just because I qualify for the discount. I wait until my current one stops working. I can't imagine going out & getting a flat panel TV, even though I want one, because my current tvs work just fine.

Even my iPod took me a LONG time to decide to buy.

Steven, on the other hand, has the nickname "Gizmo" because he likes his gadgets.

My TV is a 1987 model & still works just fine so I have no intention of replacing it any time soon. Now that we have digital, it has a remote so that works for me! :yes:

AT&T had to FORCE me off of my analog phone & offer me a free digital cell before I would make the switch. I can be very tech savvy but I just don't see the point in most of it. I don't even use text messaging since it's useless to me. I don't have time for mini messages all day long. Talk to me when you have a minute or forget about it....I'll catch ya on the flip side.

Mister, however, is going to be a pain in the butt when he starts working and wants to spend all his money on gadgets! :bonk::bonk:

I live on text messaging. Cannot stand to actually talk on a phone anymore.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hello everyone....Still no NOA2 :clock:.....im trying to be patient tho....obviously its not working!!

.....Well im gonna catch up now

Hey Hays,

I have been there is it a bag of stress but I'm gonna tell you don't stress it's not worth it because you will. just drive yourself nuts. My wig was crooked many a day stressing over my petitions. Just keep the faith yuh NOA 2 soon come :thumbs:

Hi everyone!

- Marie (F)

Hey Marie,

Long time no hear from, why did you get an RFE? Have you called them to find out what they are missing? I hope you able to get this resolved quickly (F)

I felt the same way...its hard

I usually have to buy a new one due to the fact that I keep having mishaps with cell phones, for example, I was at the market and I had to go to the bathroom soooooooooooo bad and my cell phone was in my back pocket so I was rushing to get my pants down and I thought I heard the phone fall to the floor but it was in the toilet, by the time I realized it and tried to grab it, the toilet had an automatic flush and sucked the phone down and it ALMOST sucked my hand down!!! Lawd havacamercy!!! :bonk::rofl:

Mornin everyone!

Morning Regal!

WT?? OMG! Now THAT is too funny!

Stuff like that always happens to me... lol

I lost my phone in the store and some dude found it. I called it and he answered so I asked for my phone back, he put me on hold, so I hung up and asked for it again, he said "yeah you can have it but you have to pay for it"... When I told my girlfriends they wanted to meet him someone and beat the snot out of him, but i just took him, "you keep it, obviously you need it more than I do...." people I tell ya...

Timeline
And, YEA!!!! Tre texted me this morning. She's B---A---C---K!!!!

YAY! Lawny is back! I bet we'll have some good stories soon. :dance:

the only gadget that i have thats a must is my cell phone...I still have older tv's, i have a ipod my dad gave it to me for my birthday, i use mapquest instead of a gps,

:wow: just your cell phone and a ipod, ok you have to help me to leave this tech stuff alone :help::lol::lol:

lol i have computer but it is old...

:lol: ok but you still have to help me right now my computer has Windows 7 (just installed this weekend not even released in some stores yet) :lol: trust me i need help :lol:

Well, since you asked, maybe this will help:

i am very much the same way nat. i am practical when it comes to spending. i don't need nor am impressed by the latest phone or whatever. i buy a new one when i need a new one...

DITTO!

:blink::rofl:

I lost my phone in the store and some dude found it. I called it and he answered so I asked for my phone back, he put me on hold, so I hung up and asked for it again, he said "yeah you can have it but you have to pay for it"... When I told my girlfriends they wanted to meet him someone and beat the snot out of him, but i just took him, "you keep it, obviously you need it more than I do...." people I tell ya...

I would've wanted to beat the snot out of him too! :angry::ranting:

Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Ells what are you in school for? I start again tomorrow.. 3 classes and my practicum! By the way, writing is my favorite thing so if you ever need me to look over a paper holla!

Timeline
Sus didn't disappear. She's around.

I am here - just super, super busy, and super super bitchy so I have been quiet, lol -

Lawny's been back since Sun - She's been on the Downlow, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus didn't disappear. She's around.

I am here - just super, super busy, and super super bitchy so I have been quiet, lol -

Lawny's been back since Sun - She's been on the Downlow, lol

what for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.