SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And Nat... Just think you said you would rather stay home. Good thing that already purchased bottle of sangria pushed you to go.

I NEVER want to go anywhere. Yet 90% of the time, I enjoy myself and am glad I went. It's just the initial act of getting ready & driving that I don't like. That's why I look forward to teleportation. Coincidentally, esp since this event was 45 minutes away, I met someone there who lives in my same apartment complex! I never saw her before, but she said she saw me one time going to the gym with a company t-shirt on. Small world.

I didn't tell you all, but yesterday afternoon Steven was complaining of chest pain and he was clearly having shortness of breath. I kept telling him to go to the doctor/emergency room because chest pain isn't something you play with. He kept telling me not to worry. :wacko:

Well, this morning he was still in pain, watching tv. At my pushing, he went to Sav to go to the doctor (hospital?). Turns out that he has a bad reaction to ackee. The doctor told him not to eat that anymore.

Awwwwwwww Steven no more ackee please. You gotta get here! Nat is waiting.....

I was doing some research on US citizens filing for parents and allowing childen to accompany them. I haven't been able to find in authoratative language that it's acceptable. I only see that the parent would have to file for their kids as a green card holder..which means it could take years from when the parent came over.

I guess this is similar to Cuban09's question the other day.

I don't think you childs automatically comes with the parent.

Yea, when I was at our interview I saw two women approved for their visa, but disappointed that their child, whom they had brought with them, was not automatically approved for a visa too.

And Nat... Just think you said you would rather stay home. Good thing that already purchased bottle of sangria pushed you to go.

I will have to ask my coworker as her niece and great niece are trying to immigrate from Hong Kong. I think her great niece got approved but not the niece because she has cancer and they are putting her through alot of things.

Thompson2B (and other recent visa approval recipients), have you started on the forms for AOS? I was just reading threads in that section and one guy was like "How are we supposed to fill all of this out AND get married??"

I said his case must've been processed too quickly. During my gazillion month wait for NOA2, I had plenty of time to start on those forms already. Some have even changed since then, so after NOA2 I updated them. This way, once we get the marriage license, we won't have to do much scrambling to get all the AOS paperwork together.

Are you talking adjustment of status?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Yes, mstee, Adjustment of Status.

Here's a tip I just ran across when reading tips for I-693. You're not supposed to have to submit it if you came on a K1 (at least that was true a year ago... I'm still reading from Feb 2008 in that thread), but often the medical results somehow didn't make it all the way to USCIS after POE.

If you're not at the AOS stage yet but are still waiting for your visa and researching AOS, when you enter the U.S. with your K visa, make sure you ask for a copy of your medical at the border in case you need it for AOS. Can't guarantee they will give you one but they just might. And it might come in helpful if you do end up getting this RFE. You're not supposed to get an RFE for a medical if your medical is not a year old, but it has been happening a lot, according to the posts on this forum - so it would be good to be prepared!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1619352

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunz, what does this mean: so when we go to nvc we nuh lay lay

no unnecessary delays

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat- That' scary with Steven and hard with you not being there to drag him to the doctors. I'm glad it turned out OK. Had he experienced this before with Ackee, but not actually gone to the doctor? Or was this just random?

I haven't started the AOS paperwork. I'm taking a break from paperwork for a little while. The most I have done is copy a list someone posted of what was necessary. I'm not looking forward to more paperwork, but even worse is the fee.

That is a small world with you meeting a neighbor at an event 45 minutes away. You could have car pooled.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Timeline

Apparently he had been before for chest pain (years ago) and they asked him to list all the things he ate leading up to that time. This time they asked the same and noticed that the common food was ackee.

I did research on ackee and found out that it can be dangerous:

"...Enough people have died from eating unripened ackee that it is illegal to bring the fruit into the U.S." (Source: The New York Times Sunday Magazine, October 12, 2008). It should be noted, however, that canned ackee is now available and legal to purchase in the U.S.

Eating unripe ackee can also cause Jamaican Vomiting Sickness, particularly for children or malnourished people.

I wonder if that's what happened. He mentioned that he felt like throwing up and also that he was very thirsty. (Yet kept telling me not to worry.)

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Apparently he had been before for chest pain (years ago) and they asked him to list all the things he ate leading up to that time. This time they asked the same and noticed that the common food was ackee.

I did research on ackee and found out that it can be dangerous:

"...Enough people have died from eating unripened ackee that it is illegal to bring the fruit into the U.S." (Source: The New York Times Sunday Magazine, October 12, 2008). It should be noted, however, that canned ackee is now available and legal to purchase in the U.S.

Eating unripe ackee can also cause Jamaican Vomiting Sickness, particularly for children or malnourished people.

I wonder if that's what happened. He mentioned that he felt like throwing up and also that he was very thirsty. (Yet kept telling me not to worry.)

I always wondered why ppl would smuggle ackee back, now I know why!

Thanks Nat

MONI_CALLA

Timeline

This may have been posted during the week... I can never see YouTube videos at work. If so, disregard.

I just found out about this movie. In the preview, I didn't see any mention of natural hair; I wonder Chris Rock talks about that in the actual movie.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yea i saw that trailer

it looks very interesting

i'm looking forward to watching it

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

If anyone is up...

There's a special on CNBC right now on The Business of High End Prostitution. This is fascinating!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question:

Do you believe in teaching you children about abstinence or about tools (condoms, birth control etc)?

Give me your thoughts.

i think we should teach your kids all aspects > i think they should know all the facts from abstinence to what they should do IF they decide to have sex .. no matter how much we want to stop them they are going to make their own decisions so i believe that we should give them the best information we can .

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Good morning everyone. Im on the way to the hospital with my 14 yr old. She has been sick for the past week. We did everything possible to help her feel better because you know the hospitals don't consider things an emergency. She has asthma so Im going to see if they can put her on a breathing treatment. She may be trying to get bronchitis. I will keep you posted.

Have a great day everyone.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.