SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww.. he braided his sisters hair.. how cute..

i said the same thing he said no its not cute ..

philly im not going to relax her hair... its just hard to do sometime cause you have to spend time on it ... and people wonder why mine is in a ponytail all the time... no times lol

ok ladies i am going to stop procrastinating and rearrange my room so i will be back later..

I understand trust me it's not easy maintaining these manes but when you really put the time in you won't regret it. :yes:

Steven's finally done the medical. To my surpise, he actually did go into lots of detail about what happened. He got there an hour early for his 8:30 appointment and didn't finish until after 2. I'd have been boiling mad if I'd sat at a medical place for that long, but he seems in very high spirits.

I'll post the full story later, for those who have it coming up.

He got 2 shots MMR & TD. He'd already had them, but they said you need to get 2 doses of those. His total came to $10,350 for the medical & 2 shots. They told him to pick up the results on Sept 10.

awww.. he braided his sisters hair.. how cute..

i said the same thing he said no its not cute ..

lol I've found that men are not fans of the adjective cute being applied to them or anything they do. I also learned that they don't like to be called "petite." So I use "compact" instead.

That's great Nat it definitely was a long wait but its over now I know he is relieved! I remember the day my Hubby went I was like you calling him every hour checking on him making sure he was ok with the shots. I don't miss the stress of the initial Immigration process Ughh. I think I am getting a Tick just thinking about it LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finesse, what did you end up making for lunch?

i made what u suggested....we don't have a toaster here but we have an oven so i toasted it it there and everyone upstairs came down and was asking what smelled so good

i made some nachos too

Did you crush the doritos on top for crunch or leave it like pizza without the chips?

Well I live in Philly but work In NJ where the gas is cheaper and I never fill up in PA, I always come over to do it and even then I search for the cheapest station if its farther down the road.

Gas is cheaper in New York? That surprises me. I'd have guessed that things cost more in New York.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finesse, what did you end up making for lunch?

i made what u suggested....we don't have a toaster here but we have an oven so i toasted it it there and everyone upstairs came down and was asking what smelled so good

i made some nachos too

Did you crush the doritos on top for crunch or leave it like pizza without the chips?

Well I live in Philly but work In NJ where the gas is cheaper and I never fill up in PA, I always come over to do it and even then I search for the cheapest station if its farther down the road.

Gas is cheaper in New York? That surprises me. I'd have guessed that things cost more in New York.

New Jersey, not New York and in NJ they pump it for you...

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ha finesse.. u always ask the best questions don't u LOL..

well i met roger 2 yrs ago, BUT things weren't all good throughout.. we had a BIG blowup and were not talking for 3 mnths.. i exploded one night about this whole LDR thing.. told him it wasn't for me, that i wasn't sure of his intentions w/ me and i was tired of thinking about it.. he got VERY upset and accused me of wanting to go back to my husband and using this as a way to get out.. so the end or my LDR until he called one day..

consequently he had conceived a babygirl and i understood and still wanted him..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well i met roger 2 yrs ago, BUT things weren't all good throughout.. we had a BIG blowup and were not talking for 3 mnths.. i exploded one night about this whole LDR thing.. told him it wasn't for me, that i wasn't sure of his intentions w/ me and i was tired of thinking about it.. he got VERY upset and accused me of wanting to go back to my husband and using this as a way to get out.. so the end or my LDR until he called one day..

consequently he had conceived a babygirl and i understood and still wanted him..

oh ok....yuh didn't haffi answa.....but mi still ago aks...

Finesse don't think twice..she is gonna ask...mi fass too doa..

Timeline
mi already ask it KK...leave it up to finesse to ask alla di questians...

True. That's one of finesse's best qualities: her willingness to ask the questions that some of us feel aren't really our business to ask. I know everytime I thought of a question but didn't want to ask or say anything, finesse did.

Do you ever feel like you prayers are just not being answered? :(

I was just thinking last night about how often they ARE answered.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i wasn't a angel either.. let me say.. i dated other guys here :devil: and ive told roger about that.. we are honest w/ each other to a point of stupidity (some would say) .. 03/08 is when we rededicated ourselves to this relationship and to talking more about how we (or really I) feel .. we have been better than good since then

oh ok....yuh didn't haffi answa.....but mi still ago aks...

i was gonna tell ya'll anyway... had even typed it, cuz i woulda asked too. but then i erased ALL that i had typed LOL.. mi fass tuh :devil:

Do you ever feel like you prayers are just not being answered? :(

I was just thinking last night about how often they ARE answered.

You're right..I should change up the approach. They all have been "answered". I'm just losing some patiences...but it soon come.

Hey everyone!!!!!!!...Congrats to everyone with the good news....I see there is so many...congrats jAP on the baby girl... :thumbs::thumbs: ....

Went to my doctor's appointment for my baby checkup this saturday and to my surprise the doctor told me my baby is breeched...her head is up to my chest and her feet is down...she was in position on my visit before this one so within the 3 weeks between she decided to move.... :angry: ...doctor said if she does not turn back to position by the time i am suppose to give birth then i am going to have to do a c-section...I really really do not want a c-section....

Any wives tale on how to turn breech babies back to position...I'll try anything....my doctor said to play soft music and put the headphones down there and she will move towards the music....

Hey Stonelove I see you are moving right along in your pregnancy you are almost there. Are you going to have natural childbirth or are you wanting an epidural. I have had both and whoo that epi was great LOL

ok I googled breech baby and this is what I found

Non-medical Methods

* Tilt Positions.

These are probably the most frequently heard about. You can do it the easy way and use an ironing board lying on the couch. Place your feet up and your head down. The theory behind these is that your baby's head, the heaviest part of his or her body, will disengage from the pelvis and baby will turn head down. It's generally recommended to do this 20 minutes a day until baby turns. Some women report dizziness from being in this position. Always discuss this or any other exercise with your midwife or doctor.

* Light/Music.

The use of light or music directly at your pubic bone is to encourage the baby to come towards the light or sound. Many women report success with this and this has no side effects. For a nice touch to this you can have your partner talk towards your pubic bone, again to encourage baby to move towards the sound. Do this as often as you like until baby turns head down.

* Water.

Some claims state that diving into a pool or simply being in a pool will encourage baby to turn. Again, no real problems noted from being in a pool. Double check about the diving.

* Acupuncture.

This has been used along with moxibustion for success in turning breech babies. The biggest difficulty here may be finding someone who practices these techniques.

* Chiropractic Care.

Chiropractors skilled in certain techniques may be able to help turn the baby. Check with your local practitioner for more information about the Webster Technique.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Oh ok. I guess I had New York on my mind.

I usually get gas at this Exxon station on my way home from church. It is the cheapest Exxon or Mobil station I regularly pass. If in a crunch, though, I'll pay a little more & go to a different Exxon station.... but never the Mobil on the corner of my block. That place charges at least 20 cents more than my usual station! I don't understand who is buying that gas & keeping them in business with that price.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.