SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think kk is right A is 6'0 and barley fit on our queen size bed!! We planning on going to the king next year!!

Off to a networking event, I hope the food is good!!

Have fun, thanks for the advice

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think kk is right A is 6'0 and barley fit on our queen size bed!! We planning on going to the king next year!!

Off to a networking event, I hope the food is good!!

I have a queen too..I would opt for a king size anyday...but it'll just take over room ...so queen it is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats for sticking to your principles!

I guess I find it almost impossible to believe that the average non-christian Jamaican man would wait until marriage to sleep with his woman for the FIRST time. If BOTH of them were christian, yes I can see it.

In your situation, yes I can see him abstaining with you, because you have already reached a certain level of intimacy.

But to be honest, I am of the opinion that NO Jamaican non-christian man is going to be involved in a relationship for a year or so where there is NO sex involved UNLESS he's sleeping with someone ELSE. It may be possible, I stand to be proven wrong, but I don't think there's a chance in hell of it happening.

I'm thinking this goes for all men, no matter where they come from. I'm just curious though if you all think jamaican men are more sexual or have less patience?

I'm thinking this goes for all men, no matter where they come from. I'm just curious though if you all think jamaican men are more sexual or have less patience?

I think I have more knowledge of Jamaican guys, I grew up with them, they are my cousins, friends, brothers, uncles etc....And culturally, ain't no way in HELL a man is going to marry a woman he never slept with, no matter how 'holy' she is....I would hazard a GUESS that other men are the same, but I can't say definitively, because I don't have the knowledge of how they operate...

Can't even compare them to other men, because I haven't been around them!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, I admit I was wondering, Jawi. But, wasn't going to go back and look at anything. Cause in the end, I don't really care. To each his own. You know me.

OK, though. I remember that line. For me, I've heard so many lines, I don't believe any of them. I think they are cute and all; but give me a line and you sure as hell better be backing it up with some actions. Cause words are just words are just words.

when I heard the line I must admit I thought something different....believe 100% he did say it, Jamaican men are known for things like that, but I would always laugh in their faces after a line like that.....maybe I'm not romantic or poetic lol

Okay...I can definitely feel you on this JaE...maybe that is why I was like "Oh give me a break" when I read it.

There are a lot of women here that I have established personal friendships with...we talk here...FB and on the phone. Maybe VJ is not the place for me because I seem to get in trouble whenever I don't put on those same "rose-colored" glasses that someone else is wearing...or I try to be real with my opinion. I am okay when I say "AWWWW how sweet...he is so special...you got you a good boy girl."

You are right you don't have to prove anything to anyone here or elsewhere...so why are you working so hard to do so? Look, I knew you would respond exactly the way you did. If you feel that I was not being a friend then so be it...remove me from FB or whatever just like you have done other people that don't totally agree with your posts.

I left ja.com a long time ago because of silly cutsie posts, and all those stupid trip reports about food and plants...not because I was worried about my relationship being accepted. Now, I'm getting upset because you are trying to be cute, snide and condescending. JaP you really don't want me to start replying with the same "masked" venom.

I wish you all the best in your relationship...always have...so attack me all you want for posting my real opinion. I know in my heart that I didn't question your relationship...just what you posted here.

This is one of the realest posts I have ever read on here!!! People want you to be real about immigration experiences but they want you to sugar coat all the other minor details etc!!!!!!

Jawi, you could not have said it better!

MONI_CALLA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Testimony Time!

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed earlier this year. The total cost came to about $2100, of which I paid over $1000 out of pocket. Well, about a month AFTER the surgery, when I was thinking it was over, I got a bill in the mail for $447! :blink::crying: When I saw that Friday evening, I knew I couldn't even call them until Monday. I was SO DISAPPOINTED. It was like someone punched me in the stomach. I already felt like that surgery was WAAAY too expensive, and then to tack on another almost $500. That hit me hard.

Well, Monday I called and they told me not to worry about it. They file with the dental insurance, who pays some & says "check with medical first" for others. Then they file with the medical insurance who pays some & says "get the rest from dental." Then they file with dental, who pays whatever amount they pay. She said the process could take a couple of months.

Now it's about 3 months later. Today I got home & checked the mail and found.... a REFUND check for $700!!!!!

So I went from owing another $447 to receiving about $700 back!

I LOVE my God!

What a nice treat!

MONI_CALLA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok i know this has been talked about a zillion times already

and don't tell me to read the guides, i'm not gonna be comfortable unless i read it from one of you guys

WHAT DO I NEED FOR NVC?

I'm almost at the 3 mth mark and I want to start preparing myself so when we go to nvc we nuh lay lay

can i go ahead and get the police cert? or is it too soon?

i need a checklist

HELP please?! :luv:

and me nah go stop ask till me get me answer

so onoo try ansah mi!

love ewe awl! :D

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

I think I have more knowledge of Jamaican guys, I grew up with them, they are my cousins, friends, brothers, uncles etc....And culturally, ain't no way in HELL a man is going to marry a woman he never slept with, no matter how 'holy' she is....I would hazard a GUESS that other men are the same, but I can't say definitively, because I don't have the knowledge of how they operate...

Can't even compare them to other men, because I haven't been around them!

Oh OK. I got ya now. Well my experience with american men... I can say it goes for them too.

Timeline

Sorry Bunz I don't know about the route you are going. Don't worry someone that does will soon come. I like your warning that you are not stopping until someone answers. :rofl:

Timeline
Sorry Bunz I don't know about the route you are going. Don't worry someone that does will soon come. I like your warning that you are not stopping until someone answers. :rofl:

Im a K1 girl so I don't know either

Timeline

Bunz, what does this mean: so when we go to nvc we nuh lay lay

Going to a crab/shrimp boil today made me miss my hometown of New Orleans! If I were there, I'd have much more access to (parent-provided so free-to-me) seafood favorites like shrimp, crab, & crawfish. I especially love the little potatoes & corn that get boiled with the seafood. I'm glad they encouraged us to take some to-go tonight, so I'll have more tomorrow.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

I was doing some research on US citizens filing for parents and allowing childen to accompany them. I haven't been able to find in authoratative language that it's acceptable. I only see that the parent would have to file for their kids as a green card holder..which means it could take years from when the parent came over.

I guess this is similar to Cuban09's question the other day.

I don't think you childs automatically comes with the parent.

Timeline
I was doing some research on US citizens filing for parents and allowing childen to accompany them. I haven't been able to find in authoratative language that it's acceptable. I only see that the parent would have to file for their kids as a green card holder..which means it could take years from when the parent came over.

I guess this is similar to Cuban09's question the other day.

I don't think you childs automatically comes with the parent.

Yea, when I was at our interview I saw two women approved for their visa, but disappointed that their child, whom they had brought with them, was not automatically approved for a visa too.

And Nat... Just think you said you would rather stay home. Good thing that already purchased bottle of sangria pushed you to go.

Timeline
And Nat... Just think you said you would rather stay home. Good thing that already purchased bottle of sangria pushed you to go.

I NEVER want to go anywhere. Yet 90% of the time, I enjoy myself and am glad I went. It's just the initial act of getting ready & driving that I don't like. That's why I look forward to teleportation. Coincidentally, esp since this event was 45 minutes away, I met someone there who lives in my same apartment complex! I never saw her before, but she said she saw me one time going to the gym with a company t-shirt on. Small world.

I didn't tell you all, but yesterday afternoon Steven was complaining of chest pain and he was clearly having shortness of breath. I kept telling him to go to the doctor/emergency room because chest pain isn't something you play with. He kept telling me not to worry. :wacko:

Well, this morning he was still in pain, watching tv. At my pushing, he went to Sav to go to the doctor (hospital?). Turns out that he has a bad reaction to ackee. The doctor told him not to eat that anymore.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Thompson2B (and other recent visa approval recipients), have you started on the forms for AOS? I was just reading threads in that section and one guy was like "How are we supposed to fill all of this out AND get married??"

I said his case must've been processed too quickly. During my gazillion month wait for NOA2, I had plenty of time to start on those forms already. Some have even changed since then, so after NOA2 I updated them. This way, once we get the marriage license, we won't have to do much scrambling to get all the AOS paperwork together.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.