SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My family should not be clueless they are all immigrant so they know about the immigration process. In fact one of my cousin met this Girl in JA last year and they got married last month my family was out there for my grandmothers memorial service all went to the wedding and none of them had anything nice to say about the girl, I wont say too much don't know if she found VJ yet but they are all questioning her intention and my cousin is too stupid to see...

thats what i thought since ur family is jamaican, so when u said that u were gonna hide the marriage till the ja wedding.. i was like " how are they gonna think he got here and not able to work (work visa) and not married in 90 days (fiance visa) and not gone in 6 mnths (visitor visa) ???

how is the babygirl.. i bet he's missing her to pieces.. will the wedding be the first ja trip?? are ya'll gonna stay a while for a lil time w/ the baby? rogers daughter is starting to walk.. he misses her so..

My cousin was upset at me but I was able to flip it back at him cause he moved out his house and didnt tell his momma so in order not to make it seems like he moved he left everything there and brought all new stuff... So I just told him I don't even know where you live to send an invitation to anything so that ended the convo... everyone else I guess is pretending they don't know

No, this we be our first trip back together but he went in May for her bday. Well we were hoping to bring her back with us but the way baby momma is accting I am not even gonna bother... I wanted us to have a real honeymoon (no kids) hide up in Negril somewhere away from family and friends for a week but if we won't get to bring her back with us then I am going to have to rethink that so we can spend some time with her.

I am so glad you are enjoying married live, and that you and your hubby are treating each other well. That's great, may the blessing keep flowing!!!

Edited by PortlandAngel

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have really been enjoying the track and field world championships.. proud of my us and jamaican teams.. im glad i am so open when it comes to tv and things like that.. i would have never watched the races on my own..

had a friend that used to watch the HISTORY channel all the time UGHHHH..when i sat with him, i really enjoyed some of those shows!

Quanna girl I am not that open when it comes to the shows and TV time, I like what I like and I guess I am being really selfish because I don't want to watch what Mr Philly likes. He loves Anime and futbol and I can't take it, I want to run out of the room screaming LOL. So now he watches them on You Tube and DVR's them or goes in another room, I guess I am being a bad wife :unsure:

I do love the History and Discovery channel, I was watching all these shows on Saturday about women who didn't know they were pregnant :blink: , that was really deep!

morning yardies..

dillon..i am having a turkey sandwich also made specially by my hubby.. LOL

we didn't have any leftover brownstew porkchop :crying: so sandwich it is..

this was first day of skool for my oldest.. she is being bussed to skool for the first time ever and I am soooooo excited.. she is going to my old skool but that was YEARS ago, i am sooo eager to hear how the day went.. she had all of her assignments that were due this week completed and ready to turn in.. looked like a diva should and was scared and excited all at the same time..

she has NO idea what her electives are, the school chose them beforehand but she will get to change if she doesn't like it..

you know i never thought that my family would be one of those where the step dad was more involved than the real dad.. the ex always did pretty good in that area.. however things seem to be sadly different now.. :blush: all the drama he put me thru.. i smiled knowing him and the kids were good, crazy i know.. but now they haven't seen him or talked to him but once in the last 2 mnths..You wold think i would be :dance: to know he is out of sight and out of mind, i thought i would too, but i don't..

okay.. im hungry and gonna eat my sandwich now, 1 hr bf lunch LOL but what am i gonna do when i am hungry in another 3 hrs :unsure:

okay..

that is kind of sad....do they kids not want to talk to him or is their dad not making an effort?

he changed his number or something.. when i call it says this number is no longer in service :blush: , could money be that funny???..

he emails me every once and a while.. like when he wanted to come and pick up my oldest.. but when i ask for his new number he ignores that.. he told me to print off a note to them about how much he loved them and can't wait to see them.. i did as he asked and i asked him, "by the way, WHEN will u see them again" he ignored that..

yet he told them last weekend at his sisters graduation that they don't have to stay at his house just the weekend when they come, they can stay all week long if they want :blink::blink:

can we just get a weekend at least?????

i know he is busy w/ going back to skool, part time job AND full time, im not gonna lie, when he had them for the mnth of june.. i maybe called them 4 times.. sorry im not like some mom's , when they gone.. im not sad at all LOL

i emailed and told him im sure taylor would like to give him a report of the first day of skool.. he gave me his pt job work number and said to call and if i could even bring them up there.. :blink:

i haven't responded yet

Wow Quanna, what is going on with the ex, do you think he is acting out? Sort of how the kids (mine for example) act out now that Roger is on the scene to stay. Has he ever done anything like this before?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
really my 2??? i can't braid a lick.. my daugh goes to a natural shop that charge $40.. but she is such a drama queen and tenderheaded.. i can't bear to embarrass myself so she is there only every couple of mnths.. lol

went to a shop they want to charge 65 dollar to braid her hair i will just wait till my fiance get here he can braid lol...I FLAT IRON HER HAIR BUT IT DONT LAST

yeah..i refuse to flat iron becuz it takes over an hour and lasts 30 min, when I do it.. now the shop does it and it lasted a good 3 weeks i think.. which was nice, but i want her hair to keep its texture and the more u flat iron it the more it loses it, i hear anyway..

$65 is what i paid for my oldest to get hair added.. they robbing folks in VA!!! are they understanding u only want HER hair braided??? a neighborhood girl in the area would probably hook her up for $20 or so.. u should put a posting outside the highschool.. :yes:

Timeline
[

U know what Q at first you are happy because by him not calling that means less stress on you but then y our heart aches for your kids. U know that is there dad and you hate to see them being ignored. Totally normal to felt the way you are feeling. Do you think he knows your married yet?

Its amazing how these dads and some mothers can just ignore there kidz. How can you miss out on them growing up? I went to the kids little league football games this weekend and yes my soon to be one ex was there to see his kids but there were so many absent fathers. Mainly all moms. I watched my five year old out on the field with his helmet weighing more than his body looking like a bobble head and I just thought how can parents miss these moments? The ones that count. It’s so so sad.

Maybe you should send him an e-mail telling him how nice your daughter looked for her first day of school.

awww. that image of the lil boy w/ the helmet is beautiful!!! yeah girl. i don't know..even when their dad had them in his custody.. i wanted to be at every event and see every moment.. ive been on the other side so he has no excuse..

i admire ur ex for being there..money is good, but being there is even better

Timeline
hey portland.. i know that most of ur family is waiting on the BIG wedding in JA.. do they ever question why he is able to stay here in the States so long?? or are most clueless when it comes to details about immigraton?

Well, when we went to Philly in July one of my cousin told me he heard from his mother who is my aunt that we got married and we are going to do something in JA.. So I guest they know atleast my family cause I told two of my cousin and I guest they told their mom and you know how news spread!!!

So how is married live treating you???

oh by the way when we call up the civil surgeons one thought A need a complete medical they told us to bring $385 cash or CC, so you get get the list from USCIS and start inquiring to see how much..

GIRL!!! u should have told NO ONE lol.. u know how families are.. dang so nobody didn't bumrush u when they found out the news.. girl it would have been CHAOS over the phone lines in my family.. altho my mom SEEMS to still be in the dark about my sister who married her husband last nov.. the wedding is this coming november..

i printed out the list, but was hesitant to ask prices.. i thought they would have to see us first.. but i am reading that its normal and suggested to shop..the prices vary per CS.. $385 WOW.. i was estimating $200 or more but not that much more!!

married life is WONDERFUL.. roger is a good husband and im honored that at 31 he made me his first and HOPEFULLY only LOL.. we are so considerate to each other.. i know my absent mindedness gets on his nerves, and his last minuteness gets on mine, but we laugh about it cuz we adore each other more than we frustrate each other.. i guess its still the honeymoon LOL

how sweet

love0038.gif

still waiting on that other shoe :rofl::rofl:

He could not tell 100% but he said he's pretty sure...

its_a_girl-4797.gif

smiley_bounce.gif15_5_18.gifsmiley_bounce.gif

awww...im soooooo happy for you JA P.. congrats!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Timeline
[

U know what Q at first you are happy because by him not calling that means less stress on you but then y our heart aches for your kids. U know that is there dad and you hate to see them being ignored. Totally normal to felt the way you are feeling. Do you think he knows your married yet?

Its amazing how these dads and some mothers can just ignore there kidz. How can you miss out on them growing up? I went to the kids little league football games this weekend and yes my soon to be one ex was there to see his kids but there were so many absent fathers. Mainly all moms. I watched my five year old out on the field with his helmet weighing more than his body looking like a bobble head and I just thought how can parents miss these moments? The ones that count. It's so so sad.

Maybe you should send him an e-mail telling him how nice your daughter looked for her first day of school.

awww. that image of the lil boy w/ the helmet is beautiful!!! yeah girl. i don't know..even when their dad had them in his custody.. i wanted to be at every event and see every moment.. ive been on the other side so he has no excuse..

i admire ur ex for being there..money is good, but being there is even better

I've seen some dads who do have an excuse. Mom made things so difficult, it was better NOT to be there and fight in front of the kids.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
really my 2??? i can't braid a lick.. my daugh goes to a natural shop that charge $40.. but she is such a drama queen and tenderheaded.. i can't bear to embarrass myself so she is there only every couple of mnths.. lol

went to a shop they want to charge 65 dollar to braid her hair i will just wait till my fiance get here he can braid lol...I FLAT IRON HER HAIR BUT IT DONT LAST

yeah..i refuse to flat iron becuz it takes over an hour and lasts 30 min, when I do it.. now the shop does it and it lasted a good 3 weeks i think.. which was nice, but i want her hair to keep its texture and the more u flat iron it the more it loses it, i hear anyway..

$65 is what i paid for my oldest to get hair added.. they robbing folks in VA!!! are they understanding u only want HER hair braided??? a neighborhood girl in the area would probably hook her up for $20 or so.. u should put a posting outside the highschool.. :yes:

GOOD IDEA ...

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

ur right jg and in that case.. i don't blame them.. u know i missed my daughters bday and first days of skool cuz of drama w/ him so i know when the other person being a butthead is def a deterrant LOL.. i guess i meant more of my ex had no excuse cuz i have been whre he is and i tried.. i called.. i visited when he let me...

philly he is just very passive aggressive.. and a workaholic and have always been which is why we couldn't get along.. i believe in quality time, he believes in the dollar dollar bill, now he has added skool to the mix!!!.. last time i told him bout himself he said the kids should call him.. they are not babies.. they need to be more apprciative of him and not call him just when they need something.. now he has no phone, what his excuse?? in his crazy mind, he is doing nothing wrong.. i asked him why he didn't help w/ skool. he explained it away like everything else??? im confused on what his deal is..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my gosh..girl, roger also wants to own a restaurant here.. i am not an entreprenuer AT ALL.. i love the security.. but i am an excellent supporter so i got his back.. i just worry about those endeavors, i don't like taking risks :unsure: my ex, was always trying to do some sort of business, but it was just to be self employed, never really his passion.. i think its easier to work for something ur are passionate about..

I like the lack of responsibility in working for someone else. I can go home after my 8 hrs & not think about this job again until the next morning. I don't have to worry about how/whether other people will get paid, or any of the other stuff owners worry about.

But Steven wants to open his own businesses. I encourage him to do so. "Make us rich, babe!"

any word yet NAT?

Nope.

thanks i agree also the problem i have found is someone who braid well and doesnt charge a arm and a leg...lol .. im learning to braid but it isnt good enough yet ..

If you want to practice, feel free to visit me! :lol: My best friend could braid/cornrow, but she moved to New York in December. So now I only get it done when I go to Jamaica.... but that's about to stop. I need to make friends with corn-rowers, cause Steven and I will both need that done periodically.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my gosh..girl, roger also wants to own a restaurant here.. i am not an entreprenuer AT ALL.. i love the security.. but i am an excellent supporter so i got his back.. i just worry about those endeavors, i don't like taking risks :unsure: my ex, was always trying to do some sort of business, but it was just to be self employed, never really his passion.. i think its easier to work for something ur are passionate about..

I like the lack of responsibility in working for someone else. I can go home after my 8 hrs & not think about this job again until the next morning. I don't have to worry about how/whether other people will get paid, or any of the other stuff owners worry about.

But Steven wants to open his own businesses. I encourage him to do so. "Make us rich, babe!"

any word yet NAT?

Nope.

thanks i agree also the problem i have found is someone who braid well and doesnt charge a arm and a leg...lol .. im learning to braid but it isnt good enough yet ..

If you want to practice, feel free to visit me! :lol: My best friend could braid/cornrow, but she moved to New York in December. So now I only get it done when I go to Jamaica.... but that's about to stop. I need to make friends with corn-rowers, cause Steven and I will both need that done periodically.

GIRL I TRY SO HARD THEY ARE TIGHT ENOUGH YET ... THE GIRL WHO USED TO DO IT MOVED IT WAS NICE SHE LIVED NEXT DOOR ...

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

phills.. nuh chat bout bad wife my gyal.. hubby never complain right??? heehee.. im just not big on the tv so 9 times out of 10 i will watch whatever is on when i walk in.. i love futbol, but roger know i can't manage dem westerns and not too many episodes of good times and sanford and son CHA!!! he got my youngest looking at them 70's black shows.. we was watching "thats my mama' i told him.. ive never even heard of this show LMAO!! he chat bout.. where u been?.. :huh:

Timeline
He could not tell 100% but he said he's pretty sure...

I couldn't see whatever images you posted, but when I quoted you, I could tell that the name is "its_a_girl-4797.gif" So, CONGRATULATIONS!!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

How do you all determine where you get your gas? Closest station? Cheapest one? Would you drive farther away for cheaper gas?

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.