SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i have really been enjoying the track and field world championships.. proud of my us and jamaican teams.. im glad i am so open when it comes to tv and things like that.. i would have never watched the races on my own..

had a friend that used to watch the HISTORY channel all the time UGHHHH..when i sat with him, i really enjoyed some of those shows!

oh.. i hope u feel better mami..

i saw ur update, so mr is gonna drive trucks!!! that sucks about the year requirement..

its gonna be short distance driving i hope.. didn't u have enough separation during ur LDR.. LOL.. hey i can't knock the hustle tho.. good money to be made driving trucks..

roger has a friend from ja that does it long distance tho.. is always away from home.. i told roger.. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

i was worried about that too, he eventually wants to have his own company and he need the over the road experience, and at this point I am not really worried about him being gone for a week or two cause he is driving me and himself crazy not working. So whatever offer he gets I will encourage him to take it... builds up his resume after 6months if he has a clean driving record he will have the upper hand in choosing where and who he works for. So we just trying to get to that bridge...

oh my gosh..girl, roger also wants to own a restaurant here.. i am not an entreprenuer AT ALL.. i love the security.. but i am an excellent supporter so i got his back.. i just worry about those endeavors, i don't like taking risks :unsure: my ex, was always trying to do some sort of business, but it was just to be self employed, never really his passion.. i think its easier to work for something ur are passionate about..

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh.. i hope u feel better mami..

i saw ur update, so mr is gonna drive trucks!!! that sucks about the year requirement..

its gonna be short distance driving i hope.. didn't u have enough separation during ur LDR.. LOL.. hey i can't knock the hustle tho.. good money to be made driving trucks..

roger has a friend from ja that does it long distance tho.. is always away from home.. i told roger.. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

I am home sick today...

Feel betta.....

Thanks, I am trying..

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
hey kk.. how is ur friend kaycloy.. doing.. i think that is right?? her hubby in good heatlh??

i was gonna ask her some questions about the medical seeing that u guys are saying it takes forever and a day.. was wondering if its the same when u do it from here??

She's doing great and taking care of hubby.

You should PM her about the medical. The medical here is probably not as long of a wait as in Jamaica. Ask Jahlove for the TX doctor that did her I-693. You can call them...they will tell you what shots are needed. You can go to local clinic and get the shots cheaper before you go to the civil surgeon. I'm not sure if Roger has SSN but if he was on your insurance the shots. oh I forgot about the TB test...would be covered by your insurance (usually).

i got that tx doctor's info from another thread.. i was thinking of doing it that route.. they say he will sign off for $30, BUT becuz we didn't file K1, we have to have the entire medical done, not just update immunization record.. so i am thinking about just coming out of my pocket..

doesnt' the full medical consist of more than just shots and tb test?

Yes it more that just that. I was just thinking that sometime the shots are cheaper than at the civil surgeon. Like they mark up the price...If you call the civil surgeon office they will give you a list of what is done. I know there are some other test that are done.

thanks.. that is what i will do.. if i can at least get a break on the shots, maybe he can just charge me for whatever else he has to do and we can come out cheaper..

Timeline
Hey Nat, I liked her performance although I thought the 1st one was a little pitchy at times. Don't kill me I watch PDiddy Star Maker now and like he said it doesn't do anyone any good not to keep it real. I hope he goes all the way! Like the judges say its all about the song choice does she tell you what her song choices are in advance how does she select them?

U watch Star Makers Philly?? I tried to watch it but I think I’m getting so tired of the make me a Star shows and then he has two of them going on at once. Have you ever noticed that whoever signs with Bad Boy doesn’t stick around for long? I have no idea what is getting into Diddy. I did watch ABDC last night but the performances were weak besides the last two. I guess it was hard for them to coordinate Martial Arts in there dance routines.

Timeline

A, has never work for anyone before always worked for himself, even had people working for him. So I knew that he his goal was to get in business for himself, maybe one day he will have a moving company or something and work from his home office...

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Timeline
A, has never work for anyone before always worked for himself, even had people working for him. So I knew that he his goal was to get in business for himself, maybe one day he will have a moving company or something and work from his home office...

thats wonderful portland.. i hope he is able to reach his goals soon..

Timeline

hey portland.. i know that most of ur family is waiting on the BIG wedding in JA.. do they ever question why he is able to stay here in the States so long?? or are most clueless when it comes to details about immigraton?

Timeline

I didnt read the whole thread but it sounds like the first one didnt work out but he has found another.

they gave some more details toward the end.. i don't fault him for not marrying her.. hey some things don't work out.. but if he is worried about it affecting his filing.. i am sorry i believe he has been looking or plan to go look LOL.. why would u even be asking about the NEXT filing..

but he just like di Columbian women like dada like di Jamaican men :rofl::rofl:

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies !!! : )

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline
hey portland.. i know that most of ur family is waiting on the BIG wedding in JA.. do they ever question why he is able to stay here in the States so long?? or are most clueless when it comes to details about immigraton?

Well, when we went to Philly in July one of my cousin told me he heard from his mother who is my aunt that we got married and we are going to do something in JA.. So I guest they know atleast my family cause I told two of my cousin and I guest they told their mom and you know how news spread!!!

So how is married live treating you???

oh by the way when we call up the civil surgeons one thought A need a complete medical they told us to bring $385 cash or CC, so you get get the list from USCIS and start inquiring to see how much..

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.