SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
english mek yuh so late..

luv..it seriously gag when i drink porridge..i am very keen on texture of my foods..cyaa eat mango if it too soft..dont to flan..u know

heheehe @ Ken..lawd mi cyaa stand porridge..but my kids love it...brings back memories of when i HAD to drink that ish

You know I use to hate it too... but since me and A being together I dont mind eating a little every now and then.... i think its because no one is forcing me to..

yea man..before school..so mi end up a walk to school wid mi eye dem red from bawl ..mi no waant di porridge

lol, cry cry baby moon shine dauling take of you shoes and go to ur bed when you go to your sunday school your teacher calls you a big duppy fool!! hhaha

LMFAO, I havent heard that in a long time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thought I would add in about chores... I hate doing dishes. Louis will do that. I am a pretty neat person and like things in their place. A cluttered house gets me anxious. So I do pick up every day. Vaccuum a few times a week. Every couple weekends I mop, bleach.. deep cleaning stuff. Louis always helps, no matter what. He will do anything I ask him to do. He doesnt always volunteer but if he sees alot of dishes or the trash needs to be taken out he will do it.

We never discussed anything. It just happened. I think because he is the oldest of 3 boys and his mom has not always been able to clean like she would want to (health problems) he was always there to help her.

Oh he cooks really well too. Nothing has ever been "a woman's job" or "a man's job". One of us will get what needs to be done... done!

GOOD MORNING ALL!

irie i concur.. my jamaican man THANKFULLY cleans, mops, does dishes, bathrooms makes up beds all that.. lets see if he keeps it up LOL

disclaimer*** i am not trying to imply that my relationship is perfect..

this is not for anybody here on vj, given yesterday's comments.. its just me venting about my own situation here in the dfw.. its sad when ppl love to hear ur miserable stories about your man, but hate when things SEEM to be going well.. i never have tried to act like my man is the best.. in fact i look at every dyam step he make and analyze to the point of MENTAL unstableness LMAO..(not to him, all in my head guys) so the opinion that i "act like my life is perfect" really gets to me.. REALLY DOES... sorry u guys i have to vent...

and i don't tell everybody bout my man.. only close friends, well, i thought close friends.. ppl always wanna hear the good about themselves, but when u point out that something MIGHT be wrong, all of a sudden i am acting like im perfect??? but i tell u the good and bad at my house, so how can that be.. i hope i never make anyone on here think that my ish don't stink.. cuz it most certainly does..REAL BAD at times LMAO thanks for letting me let it out ya'll..

have a good weekend guys...

oh and CONGRATS LEHI AND ELLS!!! may this day be a BEAUTIFUL ONE!!!

Timeline
Testimony Time!

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed earlier this year. The total cost came to about $2100, of which I paid over $1000 out of pocket. Well, about a month AFTER the surgery, when I was thinking it was over, I got a bill in the mail for $447! :blink::crying: When I saw that Friday evening, I knew I couldn't even call them until Monday. I was SO DISAPPOINTED. It was like someone punched me in the stomach. I already felt like that surgery was WAAAY too expensive, and then to tack on another almost $500. That hit me hard.

Well, Monday I called and they told me not to worry about it. They file with the dental insurance, who pays some & says "check with medical first" for others. Then they file with the medical insurance who pays some & says "get the rest from dental." Then they file with dental, who pays whatever amount they pay. She said the process could take a couple of months.

Now it's about 3 months later. Today I got home & checked the mail and found.... a REFUND check for $700!!!!!

So I went from owing another $447 to receiving about $700 back!

I LOVE my God!

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for u sus.. just that lil bit of info is a major stress reliever..

i know he was so glad to hear ur voice too..

Timeline
Good Morning everyone! Happy Friday!

I have been off all week. My laptop charger died so I have been on forced vacation.... not so bad! Tierra came home Tuesday and we have been having fun. Next week I am on my real vacation... I really hope this hot sunny weather holds out! We HAVE to get to the beach.

I could not read all the pages to catch up.

Happy Anniversary

Happy Birthday

Hope all in JA are having fun

Welcome to newbies

Prayers and well wishes to ALL!!!

~Irie

hi irie.. glad lil miss is back, def go to the beach!!

Timeline
Now I know I'm nosy and this is NONE of my business, it goes without saying you aren't obliged to answer.

But I wondered, how do you balance being involved in the church and your relationship? Ie, was Steven ok with waiting for marriage or um....do you ask forgiveness for your sins?? :whistle:

I had a class in college where the teacher wrote each of our names on a card. Every time we had class, he'd shuffle the deck. When he had a question, he'd pull a card and ask the person whose name was on the card to answer. If that person wasn't there, their grade suffered. If that person was there, they could either answer the question or say "pass." A pass didn't affect your grade, because he at least knew that you were in class & awake.

My answer to this question is "Pass."

What has always intrigued me is that I haven't ever met a practicing Christian who actually practiced abstinence. I could also never EVER imagine any Jamaican man I know actually putting up with waiting.

I, of course am MORE than open to be proven wrong!

u have found one jae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when we first met he thought after 3 or 4 days we were good to go in the sex arena cuz we were getting a long so well, .. i told him NO.. he was a lil peeved cuz i do think heavy petting is permissable so that was a lil misleading to him. he got over it and the whole rest of our trip (11 days).. he understood and honored my decision..he has told me b4 that he didn't know whey cuz USUALLY if a woman is not putting out, he would find someone that would.. not being a ####### or anything (i guess) but sex is REALLY important to him and most jamaicans as u say jae

now after knowing him a good 4 mnths.. i did make the decision to do it cuz i LOVED him and yes i did feel bad compromising, but so it go...

Most recently i started praticing abstinence again, WHY?? its what i want to do, my body is not his and i don't owe him the right to it just because we are together.. i feel i need to sacrifice and resist temptation right now for my own spiritual walk as well as start our marriage off fresh. Roger was very upset, about this decision, like STORMING out of the room upset..not talking to me for a min upset LOL but after the initial shock he has been taking it like a champ.. he knows that our love is WAY past physical.. we enjoy other forms of intimacy .. hugging, kissing, and to me thats just as good.. it gets hard, but when we feel we're getting to the point of no return.. i stop and he stops.. he never takes advantage of my weak points.. (L)

so anyway of course this is not a LONNNGGGGG drawn out abstaining period that he has had to deal w/, just a few weeks here and there. so maybe i am not the BEST example.. but i do believe that he could handle it long term IF we had to

i for one was SHOCKED at how serious he took NOT HAVING SEX, ya'll he was HOT...kisteeting,, pulling away from me.. but i see now from ur comment its a pretty big deal.. after the first couple of days he said he just got used to it..

so what i will teach my kids is BOTH abstinence cuz i believe it IS possible to wait till marriage if u choose AND about safe sex, cuz i know the flesh is weak and i don't want them to be uninformed and make stupid decisions

Quana - u must be at work?

yep at work.. bout to go back to work.. soooonnnnn as i get caught up LOL

Timeline
Ps....I am a practiced and seasoned fornicator and proud!! Well...USED to be, had to give it up once I got married :whistle:

Well my cousin claims he is still a virgin and he's 27. Although, he recently went on a bad boy binge...he started smoking and drinking....and listening to rap and R&B :rofl: Sorry but that last part was funny. He told me he has stopped smoking as it wasn't really for him. But he still drinks at parties. He was a hard core christian. We had a party for our grandma's birthday..and he sat in the car when the family started play oldies music..like temptations...etc.

i go to clubs and dance and have fun w/ all my friends and family no matter what they do.. but my walk is my own.. and i feel like i can live my life the way i feel God would want w/out excluding others..(we'll see on judgement day huh LOL) BUT i guess it could be hard to do this for some, temptation could be too strong..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Q..ur so right..Husband/kids..same category for me...its me and my husband that brought about the kids in the first place..

BUT..i can see how it could be different if the spouse is not the kids biological child...i guess

i guess im bout to test this out my gyal

i just remember so many times.. taking up for things i did for my kids to my husband, and trying to prove to him that i was fair cuz there were other times when i didn't do things they wanted cuz i was standing behind him.. :unsure: and these was his kids girl!! LOL

being a mommy and wife is hard..

I just wanted 2 jump in and put my 2 cents in..u r so right.. there is no job harder than being a mom & a wife!!!!

Edited by mrshamilton

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana, that's awesome that you stay firm to your beliefs & resist temptation! :thumbs:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thought I would add in about chores... I hate doing dishes. Louis will do that. I am a pretty neat person and like things in their place. A cluttered house gets me anxious. So I do pick up every day. Vaccuum a few times a week. Every couple weekends I mop, bleach.. deep cleaning stuff. Louis always helps, no matter what. He will do anything I ask him to do. He doesnt always volunteer but if he sees alot of dishes or the trash needs to be taken out he will do it.

We never discussed anything. It just happened. I think because he is the oldest of 3 boys and his mom has not always been able to clean like she would want to (health problems) he was always there to help her.

Oh he cooks really well too. Nothing has ever been "a woman's job" or "a man's job". One of us will get what needs to be done... done!

GOOD MORNING ALL!

irie i concur.. my jamaican man THANKFULLY cleans, mops, does dishes, bathrooms makes up beds all that.. lets see if he keeps it up LOL

disclaimer*** i am not trying to imply that my relationship is perfect..

this is not for anybody here on vj, given yesterday's comments.. its just me venting about my own situation here in the dfw.. its sad when ppl love to hear ur miserable stories about your man, but hate when things SEEM to be going well.. i never have tried to act like my man is the best.. in fact i look at every dyam step he make and analyze to the point of MENTAL unstableness LMAO..(not to him, all in my head guys) so the opinion that i "act like my life is perfect" really gets to me.. REALLY DOES... sorry u guys i have to vent...

and i don't tell everybody bout my man.. only close friends, well, i thought close friends.. ppl always wanna hear the good about themselves, but when u point out that something MIGHT be wrong, all of a sudden i am acting like im perfect??? but i tell u the good and bad at my house, so how can that be.. i hope i never make anyone on here think that my ish don't stink.. cuz it most certainly does..REAL BAD at times LMAO thanks for letting me let it out ya'll..

have a good weekend guys...

oh and CONGRATS LEHI AND ELLS!!! may this day be a BEAUTIFUL ONE!!!

Quana you and I are on the same page sista.... What you just said needed to be said!!! Amen!

Good morning Yardies!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.