SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm excited!

For lunch, I went to Caribbean Jerk Cuisine, the only (I think) authentic Caribbean restaurant in Houston. I had curry goat and my coworker had jerk chicken. We also ordered festival and a beef patty to see how those tasted. The festival was a little different from how I've had it in Jamaica - crispier outside & a light cinnamon flavor - but it was delicious! The goal & chicken were good too.

I'm glad to know that there is a place to take Steven when he has a hankering for his home food. The prices weren't bad. Lunch portions ranged from $8 to $10. Patties were $2 each. Festival/dumplings were 2 for $2.

Now let me catch up...

Sounds good.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry Kimmy - when you leave for Ja?

You could be making a spreadsheet of what to take and what to bring back.

13TH..

MAKE A WAH KK...HAHAAA..MI NO NAME KK..MI NAME KIMMY

Nat is the spreadsheet or organization skill person. nat mi!!!

I don't think I've ever made a spreadsheet for anything personal. I believe the time it take for me to make it..I could have everything done.

But again...planning is usually key to making sure everything goes smoothly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sorry Kimmy - when you leave for Ja?

You could be making a spreadsheet of what to take and what to bring back.

13TH..

MAKE A WAH KK...HAHAAA..MI NO NAME KK..MI NAME KIMMY

Nat is the spreadsheet or organization skill person. nat mi!!!

I don't think I've ever made a spreadsheet for anything personal. I believe the time it take for me to make it..I could have everything done.

But again...planning is usually key to making sure everything goes smoothly.

YES MOST TIMES...

NAT..CHIN TUCK IS JUST THAT TUCKING MY CHIN INTO MY NECK KIND OF..FORCING IT BACK..I HAVE BEEN HAVE SOME SHOULDER/NECK PAIN...I WORK IN A PT OFFICE

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Congratulations, yankeesgirl!

Bunz, I read that other thread about the scammer. What's funny is that Captain Ewok deleted the contents of the PM in the first post, but someone had already quoted it & he left the text in the quoted post.

I know some Christians who are firm believers & practicers of abstinence before marriage.

Jamaicans????

Nope... but I don't know many Jamaicans well enough to know about their sex lives.

I need a drink. I think its time to open my Rum Cream! yummy and I think Im going to ignore my SO's phone call tonight. Feeling like I need a break!

How would he respond to your not answering his call?

Hotlegz, what is a chin tuck?

He would be fine with it. He would assume that I was asleep which I probably will be after I drink the Rum Cream.....

I pay his cell phone bill to call me (because it is so inexpensive 20.00/mo.) and we talk for an hour. There are some nights he doesn't call me, not many. I have a calling card where I can call him. But it works for us if we skip a night or two. Im not in a good way today to talk to him so its best I don't because we will argue.

Timeline

Haven't been posting much but decided to post since the board is pretty slow now...i've been meaning to post to answer other posters but by the time i get a chance its like the board went 20 deep in pages and i felt so late so i just don't bother :blush: ....i wanted to post about the adjustment question:

Hubby and I are doing much much better nowadays...we pretty much are on the same page with the hanging out thing cause that was one of our biggest problem...he sees where i'm coming from and how I feel about it and I see where he is coming from...I had a talk w/ my twin brother about me and hubby situation and he bascially told me to just step aside and let hubby do him...I didn't like the advice at first but did it anyway and it actually worked out in my favor...I saw since I stopped nagging he gradually stopped hanging out as much and was more at home with me...its been good every since...now the complaint i have now is that he is lazy as bleep... :angry: ...he's been like that from the beginning but i guess its getting to me now cause i'm getting closer to my due date and can't do everything like i use to by myself so when i ask him for help its a whole big thing...ugh...he feels men shouldn't do inside housework... :blink:...he will cut the grass and take out the garbage...but you have to beg him to do like dishes and he wouldn't even think to tidy up the rooms in the house...it is soo annoying...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yep we filed last year kimmy and were "post-poned" an approval based on a medical mishap the doctor essed up and admitted to us to but would not try to help us fix and RIchard got a ban until next October.....i have always referred to it as our denial last november but have been corrected by congress and our lawyer that we were not completely denied.....just post-poned to a new interview for next year.....we do not want to take ANY chance of a denial after putting up so much of a stink after the interview and getting congress and department od state involved so we decided to marry and refile and start from scratch.....after 5 years together we are sick of waiting.....my damn dress has been hanging in my closet for a year, we bought our rings last november (the day before our interview) and what not......

thanks KK.....i am counting down and cant wait to see pics myself :) LOL

Congratulations yankeesgirl on your upcoming wedding. How exciting it must be to finally be able to put things into motion after all those preparations you had already done. Wishing you a speedy and stress-free CR1 journey! :thumbs:

What do you mean start from scratch? Won’t they still have record of your pending K1 application?

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
Haven't been posting much but decided to post since the board is pretty slow now...i've been meaning to post to answer other posters but by the time i get a chance its like the board went 20 deep in pages and i felt so late so i just don't bother :blush: ....i wanted to post about the adjustment question:

Hubby and I are doing much much better nowadays...we pretty much are on the same page with the hanging out thing cause that was one of our biggest problem...he sees where i'm coming from and how I feel about it and I see where he is coming from...I had a talk w/ my twin brother about me and hubby situation and he bascially told me to just step aside and let hubby do him...I didn't like the advice at first but did it anyway and it actually worked out in my favor...I saw since I stopped nagging he gradually stopped hanging out as much and was more at home with me...its been good every since...now the complaint i have now is that he is lazy as bleep... :angry: ...he's been like that from the beginning but i guess its getting to me now cause i'm getting closer to my due date and can't do everything like i use to by myself so when i ask him for help its a whole big thing...ugh...he feels men shouldn't do inside housework... :blink:...he will cut the grass and take out the garbage...but you have to beg him to do like dishes and he wouldn't even think to tidy up the rooms in the house...it is soo annoying...

i'm very happy things are looking up!

my highlight is to say this is typical for most Jamaican men. They are taught to do everything "manly" but most will not wash dishes...i blame the mothers for this...u can try to fight this but good luck..Kashi will not clean the batheroom and i have accepted that because he cooks, cleans makes the beds whash dishes...oo he won't change the sheets..and thats my compromise i do not even fight about it anymore..so i hope u can work this out

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Congratulations yankeesgirl on your upcoming wedding. How exciting it must be to finally be able to put things into motion after all those preparations you had already done. Wishing you a speedy and stress-free CR1 journey! :thumbs:

What do you mean start from scratch? Won’t they still have record of your pending K1 application?

yes they will...but i believe the CR1 will now take precedence

Timeline

KK seems to think Im getting carried away with posts......LMAO. Im going to say goodbye for now. I will be back later tonight after Ive calmed down a bit. Talk to you guys later! :whistle:

Filed: Other Timeline
KK seems to think Im getting carried away with posts......LMAO. Im going to say goodbye for now. I will be back later tonight after Ive calmed down a bit. Talk to you guys later! :whistle:

Got my case approved at the NVC on Aug. 04, now I will be waiting for the interview date, Do anyone know how long it will take to get the interview date for the embassy in Jamaica. I filed for my mother who lives there, also do anyone have an idea of what kind of question they will ask her? Plus will they give my younger sister a visa to come with her mother when she gets her visa approved?

HELP!!

Let me clear this up. mstee is clear to post as much as she wants. mi nat di kingfish..kikik. i was teasing her for creating new threads asking the yardies different questions each time. when she could just post them on here.

I'll be on later too!!! tonight is laundry night and I sit in the basement watching my dvr the View shows and be on the internet while the clothes wash.

Got my case approved at the NVC on Aug. 04, now I will be waiting for the interview date, Do anyone know how long it will take to get the interview date for the embassy in Jamaica. I filed for my mother who lives there, also do anyone have an idea of what kind of question they will ask her? Plus will they give my younger sister a visa to come with her mother when she gets her visa approved?

HELP!!

I'm curious on what your name Cuban09 means. Are you cuban? wait you're Jamaican right? Okay. I'll ask..what does you screen name mean?

Filed: Other Timeline

Let me clear this up. mstee is clear to post as much as she wants. mi nat di kingfish..kikik. i was teasing her for creating new threads asking the yardies different questions each time. when she could just post them on here.

I'll be on later too!!! tonight is laundry night and I sit in the basement watching my dvr the View shows and be on the internet while the clothes wash.

HELP!!

I'm curious on what your name Cuban09 means. Are you cuban? wait you're Jamaican right? Okay. I'll ask..what does you screen name mean?

NO I'M NOT CUBAN. I'M 100% JAMAICAN LIVE IN AMERICA. MY MOTHER GAVE ME THAT NICK-NAME WHEN I WAS A CHILD AND THE #09 IS MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY 9TH OF OCTOBER.

Timeline

HELP!!

You should check these boards on here Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America

and Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America to better answer your questions...they are listed on top under Family and Marriages...

oops saw that you already posted there... :blush:

Edited by StoneLove4Ever

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
i'm very happy things are looking up!

my highlight is to say this is typical for most Jamaican men. They are taught to do everything "manly" but most will not wash dishes...i blame the mothers for this...u can try to fight this but good luck..Kashi will not clean the batheroom and i have accepted that because he cooks, cleans makes the beds whash dishes...oo he won't change the sheets..and thats my compromise i do not even fight about it anymore..so i hope u can work this out

Yeah...

Steven and I had a discussion a while ago about what responsibilities each of us would have in the house. He seemed to think I'd cook & clean, while he'd "move the heavy stuff." :lol: I told him that's not gonna fly! Right now, he keeps his place much neater than I keep mine... that is, until I got a housekeeper!

Steven doesn't see why I'd pay someone to clean up. But I figure when he comes, I'll switch to every other week (instead of weekly) and see how much he does. If he handles it, then fine, I'll get rid of the cleaning service. But if he's not into cleaning (mopping, sweeping, cleaning toilet, dusting, that kind of stuff) then the housekeeper will stay.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.