SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well dang.. i don't know what was wrong w/ this methodist church, guess the ppl was too old?? they didn't even have a band????????????? how can i praise the lord w/ no music LOL

hehehehe Quans, I'm Methodist and the church we attend is majority white and very old and typically lasts for about an hour. Ken cyan't tekkit! He says the same thing..."Dem don't even have a likkle band fi liven yuh vibes!!" He's SDA so a). he used to going to church on Saturday, b ) . his church is usually all day and c). Everyone brings their tamborine or sittin fi bang to invoke the spirit!!

So I usually end up going to church by myself...although he is open to looking for a new church that we both feel comfortable attending.

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irie, here in prince George's County in Maryland there are plenty of Black catholic churches. I am Catholic.

Also, here in PG, County, in maryland, we are a marjority of AA. We were spotlighted in Ebony, as the highest income county for AA in the USA.

:thumbs: I read this somewhere. I think Time Magazine report this a few years ago too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Finesse - u have been quiet today? u alrite?

i'm speaking in smileys, not in words and this is what i think of your church conversation:

sign0003.gif

I have not been to church service in YEARS! I am afraid lightening might strike and I dont want anyone to get hurt! :P

We do our own spiritual thing in the house... but Tierra has had questions about stuff I cannot really answer. She is curious so I thought Bible Camp would be a great place to start. And she loves it!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well dang.. i don't know what was wrong w/ this methodist church, guess the ppl was too old?? they didn't even have a band????????????? how can i praise the lord w/ no music LOL

hehehehe Quans, I'm Methodist and the church we attend is majority white and very old and typically lasts for about an hour. Ken cyan't tekkit! He says the same thing..."Dem don't even have a likkle band fi liven yuh vibes!!" He's SDA so a). he used to going to church on Saturday, b ) . his church is usually all day and c). Everyone brings their tamborine or sittin fi bang to invoke the spirit!!

So I usually end up going to church by myself...although he is open to looking for a new church that we both feel comfortable attending.

u know wat?? roger and i was having a convo bout this the other day.. he was a lil worried i think on how important going to church was to me.. he said what if he wanted to go to a different church than me.. i told him i guess that would be fine, long as its same practices and he brought up SDA!

he said in JA ALOT of couples have one member SDA and the other baptist or something else.. i thought that was wierd a couple to worship on different days, but he said that they make it work..

Timeline
Thats funny! I was raised Methodist.. not that my family ever went to church after I was about 3 years old! I hated church when I was little. I wanted to be with my mom and they didnt let the children upstairs during mass. So I was baptised in this little church on an island where my grandfather lived here in Maine and when Tierra and I moved back I had her baptized there as well.. the pastor was so nice... but all these little blue haired ladies wondering where the heck my husband was!! LOL

When I lived in MD, Tierra's father and I went to a methodist church there... clapping, singing and hallelujas all around. There is a HUGE difference between southern Methodist and us Yankees up here in conservative New England!

You ain't kidding Cat!! I love the south!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
hey gilly bean!!!!!!!!!! thanks

i am soooooo glad ya'll had a great trip.. i guess u have pics on fb :crying: sooo glad ken got to see kj and he will soon be coming home.. how was that reunion??

Quans,

Can I tell you... Ken has cried in front of me exactly twice in our 3 year relationship. After he picked up KJ and came back to the hotel and my boys came running out to meet them...Ken started crying. I got so scared. I thought something happened with the pick-up. I asked him what's wrong...he said "I have all my boys together again & I am just so happy!!" My heart just melted & I started BAWLING... :crying: !! Til poor KJ had to seh "Mummy Gill, what's wrang?" Then I cried harder because he remembered me! So the five of us were standing in the resort's hot a** stair well with Ken & I wrapped up in each others arms crying!! :rofl: ...A MESS!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Sus - I need your help! Louis and I's 1 year anniversary is this weekend. We were going to see Gregory Isaacs Saturday night and he cancelled the rest of tour.. guess he is pretty sick! What are we going to do? YOu always know what's going on everywhere??

I think we are going to head to the Jamaican Jerk Center in Cape Neddick... Saturday afternoon. I beleive Fitzie Niceness is playing. Do you know him? Need something to do Saturday night!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

gilli u crazy chat bout BANGING to invoke the spirit!!!.. im trying convince myself that its OKAY not to bang till u feel happy LOL

the church ive been going to is very much CALMER than the pentecostal services im used to.. i did this on purpose as to not scare roger.. LOL

i am used to clapping loudly, screaming, shouting, running round the church, breaking out in tongues LOL i guess u don't always have to do all that to have a good service.. tell kenny i feel his pain..

Timeline

Dang!! I'm gone fi lunch and you guys talk up 10 pages!!! LOL :blink:

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
I am sending Tierra to Bible Camp this week. I was so happy to see all the brown kids that were there monday morning. I wish there were more integrated churches here. Tierra's father sang in the church choir down in MD, had a CD released and everything... I can't find a church ANYWhere in Maine that has a kids choir. I hate to say it but "white" church is boring.. I actually enjoyed going to church with Tierra's dad. I was the only white person there and NEVER felt out of place.

I'm with you, most of the churches I've been raised with have been BORING! The songs are boring & it all seems pretty stiff even though the people are nice. Lehi thought the worship was boring when we went with my parents to their church when he first got here BUT, he loved how short the service was! Start at 10:30 & done at noon! He's willing to go any time since it's so short! :thumbs::lol:

Yes!! My kids love the "in & out" too. I flip flop between thinking church is boring or serene. My days are spent running crazy, nice to have that hour of "peace" once a week.

My sentiments exactly. When my world is spinning out of control, Church is very calming in it's traditions.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
hey gilly bean!!!!!!!!!! thanks

i am soooooo glad ya'll had a great trip.. i guess u have pics on fb :crying: sooo glad ken got to see kj and he will soon be coming home.. how was that reunion??

Quans,

Can I tell you... Ken has cried in front of me exactly twice in our 3 year relationship. After he picked up KJ and came back to the hotel and my boys came running out to meet them...Ken started crying. I got so scared. I thought something happened with the pick-up. I asked him what's wrong...he said "I have all my boys together again & I am just so happy!!" My heart just melted & I started BAWLING... :crying: !! Til poor KJ had to seh "Mummy Gill, what's wrang?" Then I cried harder because he remembered me! So the five of us were standing in the resort's hot a** stair well with Ken & I wrapped up in each others arms crying!! :rofl: ...A MESS!!!

awww, that just got me teary... I am such a softy!

fkn0hd.jpg

Lawd....I'm like Ken...I need some music to at least break up the talking.

Even the one hour church had a band with drums and an electric guitar...it was cool.

My pastor can get into a screaming match ...and he always says..Sit down please ...when people stand up...but no body sits down...and he beggs please sit down i gotta finish and no one still sits down. I think it's just part of the ..people showing that are in to what he is say...

I'm usually sitting down anyways..cause my feet be hurting from shoes..so he don't have to tell me but once....my husband loves our church. I wanted to visit others but he claim this as his church..so I got it down on the first try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.