SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning all..

i pray everyone is blessed and doing well..

i have some big news..didn't share yesterday cuz im too nosy and couldn't get caught up.. :whistle:

OKAY MY SISTREN..

Ya'll know i have been a worry wart when it comes to this JA/US love thing for 2 years now.. :blush: but THIS trip has been different than ALL others.. i am busting out ot the seams w/ happiness and joy everyday w/ this man.. the love he's shown me cannot be matched SOOOOO

we eloped over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

i am officially a MRS.. and I LOOOOVVVVE MY GOOD GOOD HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRS. QUANS!! You sneak!! That's wonderful news!! Congrats to you both!! May your marriage be everlastingly filled with love, joy & blessings!! I am so happy for you both!!

Howdy to Everyone else! I have been MIA for awhile! But Onnuh chat suh dyam much I get overwhelmed trying fi cyatch hup!! I thought wid Kimmy away the thread woulddah slow dung likkle bit...but NOT A RAS!!! :lol: Onnuh a chat same weh! Welcome home Shemmy...sorry wi didn't git to link up in JA! CONGRATS to Jess on her NOA2 & everyone else that has been blessed with good news lately!! I hope all is well with everyone! Ken & I just got back from JA last week & had a WONDERFUL time!! It was our first time back since Ken came up in 2008. I'll be trying to stay more in the loop now because we are looking for finally file our K2 for Ken's son, KJ! I don't even know if a k2 anymore...LOL!!

Anyway...just passing through and wanted to say Howdy-do!! Let me get back to reading!

Bless-ed (L) always,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay this is day too that I haven't gotten anything done. And I haven't posted on VJ a lot. I think it's just taking me longer to finish somethings...God..please send me some motivation {sp}!!!!!!!!!!1

yep vj wasn't ur distraction, so what was?? u been talking to hubby on the telephone???

Not really. Just need some motivation to focus. I'm on my second cup of green tea. I have eating like 5 golden oreos...for the energy boost. Nothing yet.

Although I am going home now. Today has been a long A** day. :angry: Had to go in the quiet area to buss a lil nap. :blush: So tired lately. And no I did not drink the VJ WATA :innocent:

I am out ladies!! I FINALLY GOT MY (L)

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How do people not turn in your timesheet if YOU know you will not be paid if you don't? And my co-worker has done this for the 4th time already.

I do not play with my pay check...I turn in my timesheet EARLY!!!!!!!!!! It's due on Wednesday and I get it to my manager on Tuesday mornings.

she/he have a well off spouse i guess.. i CANNOT mess w/ my paycheck.. at all!

DaDa - I was reading this article how only 5% of churches are racially integrated.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/0...days/index.html

Yardies - What do you think? Is this wrong? Right? Okay?

kk.. i LOVE LOVE my new church.. it is half black, half white, and a few hispanics.. I have NEVER been a member of a church w/ such diversity and i am soooo proud.. i feel like this is the way it should be.

i can't wait to join next mnth..

In my opinion, I don't see it has people going because it's a white or black or hispanic church...rather the type of religon (bapitist, etc) it's more of a cultural thing.

Catholics? Are there many black catholic churches? That I do not know.

but there are white baptist and black baptist churches, white pentecostal/ black pentecostal, .. are there denominations that are more likely to be a certain race u think??

I put my reply in the wrong spot....

Irie, here in prince George's County in Maryland there are plenty of Black catholic churches. I am Catholic.

Also, here in PG, County, in maryland, we are a marjority of AA. We were spotlighted in Ebony, as the highest income county for AA in the USA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
well dang.. i don't know what was wrong w/ this methodist church, guess the ppl was too old?? they didn't even have a band????????????? how can i praise the lord w/ no music LOL

My best friend is Irish Catholic! Growing up she had a later curfew then me so I would spend Saturday nights at her house. Sunday morning we would go to Church... I would try so hard not to fall asleep. My favorite part was singing Amazing Grace and shaking hands with people "Peace be with you". Those were the only breaks from sitting, standing, kneeling, sitting, standing, kneeling, sitting, standing kneeling..

Edited by IrieCat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
[OMG-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MRS. QUANS!! You sneak!! That's wonderful news!! Congrats to you both!! May your marriage be everlastingly filled with love, joy & blessings!! I am so happy for you both!!

Howdy to Everyone else! I have been MIA for awhile! But Onnuh chat suh dyam much I get overwhelmed trying fi cyatch hup!! I thought wid Kimmy away the thread woulddah slow dung likkle bit...but NOT A RAS!!! :lol: Onnuh a chat same weh! Welcome home Shemmy...sorry wi didn't git to link up in JA! CONGRATS to Jess on her NOA2 & everyone else that has been blessed with good news lately!! I hope all is well with everyone! Ken & I just got back from JA last week & had a WONDERFUL time!! It was our first time back since Ken came up in 2008. I'll be trying to stay more in the loop now because we are looking for finally file our K2 for Ken's son, KJ! I don't even know if a k2 anymore...LOL!!

Anyway...just passing through and wanted to say Howdy-do!! Let me get back to reading!

Bless-ed (L) always,

Gill

hey gilly bean!!!!!!!!!! thanks

i am soooooo glad ya'll had a great trip.. i guess u have pics on fb :crying: sooo glad ken got to see kj and he will soon be coming home.. how was that reunion??

Timeline
DaDa - I was reading this article how only 5% of churches are racially integrated.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/0...days/index.html

Yardies - What do you think? Is this wrong? Right? Okay?

kk.. i LOVE LOVE my new church.. it is half black, half white, and a few hispanics.. I have NEVER been a member of a church w/ such diversity and i am soooo proud.. i feel like this is the way it should be.

i can't wait to join next mnth..

In my opinion, I don't see it has people going because it's a white or black or hispanic church...rather the type of religon (bapitist, etc) it's more of a cultural thing.

but there are white baptist and black baptist churches, white pentecostal/ black pentecostal, .. are there denominations that are more likely to be a certain race u think??

I put my reply in the wrong spot....

Irie, here in prince George's County in Maryland there are plenty of Black catholic churches. I am Catholic.

Also, here in PG, County, in maryland, we are a marjority of AA. We were spotlighted in Ebony, as the highest income county for AA in the USA.

You know thats where I lived! I didnt even know that! :-) we went to Queens Chapel Methodist church.

fkn0hd.jpg

character0021.gif

finesse!!! tap ie mi sey! lol

Finesse wha wrang wid yuh? Yuh want Jermaine don't yuh?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Also, our church sings gospel songs.... so we rock at church.

I guess church in MD is just more "fun" then any church here in Maine! :-) Doesnt matter what denomination!

fkn0hd.jpg

How do people not turn in your timesheet if YOU know you will not be paid if you don't? And my co-worker has done this for the 4th time already.

I do not play with my pay check...I turn in my timesheet EARLY!!!!!!!!!! It's due on Wednesday and I get it to my manager on Tuesday mornings.

she/he have a well off spouse i guess.. i CANNOT mess w/ my paycheck.. at all!

okay!!!! And it was the check where we got an extra week pay..they changed payroll to last and 15th. SMH...I don't get it. And oh boy..he refuses to use the company issued credit card for travel expenses. I know you get points and stuff..but you have to pay finance charge cause you (especially him not submitting timesheet...don't even try to figure out how long it take him to submitt expenses...umm..over amonth). Use your AMEX come back and submit expense electronic...naw...he doesn't want to listen to me.

Reason #1 I haven't got any word done:

To busy worrying about co-worker and his paycheck and expense report. I need to be focusing on my daym work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.