SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Heck I have left my purse on the back of the chair at the Bread Company (Panera) got all the way home and noticed hours later. Thank God someone turned it in and I went back and got it. Boot Camp might be good for me.

I used to work with an attorney who was SO bad at losing things - he even left his clothes in the closet of the hotel when he went on vacation! When we were prepping for trial, I used to make 10 copies of each document and put them in a folder - the last sheet had a sticky note on it that said - You are on your last copy, go find the ones you lost -

It never failed that he would come to me cause he had lost all 10 copies = and then wondered why I never let him touch the originals -

Now thats bad! lol

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I am finally caught up, Lawd work was standing in my way LOL

Finesse I see :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Congrats Jamerican Queen on Hubby's arrival :dance:

Congrats Roxcie Joe I know you are counting down the minutes :dancing:

Dillon I hope you enjoyed your special extended remix of your daily does of Feva for your Bawn day :devil:

Welcome back Shemmy, I know you had a ball can't wait to see pics. I am gonna send you a link wid some new fashions. WE both missed the Baby Phat 8 hour sale yesterday. Hubby had me running the streets and didn't get back in time to catch it. :crying:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DaDa - I was reading this article how only 5% of churches are racially integrated.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/0...days/index.html

Yardies - What do you think? Is this wrong? Right? Okay?

kk.. i LOVE LOVE my new church.. it is half black, half white, and a few hispanics.. I have NEVER been a member of a church w/ such diversity and i am soooo proud.. i feel like this is the way it should be.

i can't wait to join next mnth..

Timeline

Dillon I hope you enjoyed your special extended remix of your daily does of Feva for your Bawn day :devil:

Welcome back Shemmy, I know you had a ball can't wait to see pics. I am gonna send you a link wid some new fashions. WE both missed the Baby Phat 8 hour sale yesterday. Hubby had me running the streets and didn't get back in time to catch it. :crying:

One day we are going to box! :bonk:

Loved it! (L)

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

i was thinking bout ya'll as i went shopping for some shoes..they had the very DECORATIVE baby phat shoes up.. the shoes are BAD, but i wouldn't have anything to match all them colors LOL

philly, we dropped off the kids and had a SEXY afternoon after the ceremony??? LOL but thats about it until he starts to working maybe LOL

Timeline

You all got me curious so I decided to call the assessor's office & found out our certs were ready. I told them, hold on to those & don't mail them out, I'll be there! Now I have those & can start all this other business of changing names & adding him to my health plans. Thanks for motivating me ladies! :thumbs:

oh ells.. welcome to life w/ a man girl!!! jamaican or not, well most of them anyway usually DON'T listen to the wife/gf..roger used to irk me w/ that, but what can u do ^_^ ..they will tell u something their friend said, and ur thinking, "didn't i tell u that last weeK???????????" guess they think wifey just being paranoid but if they get a second opinion its the TRUTH

It is the most frustrating thing!!!! :angry::ranting:

when safety is a factor, then that is one thing but a neighborhood that is not predominantly white does not equal ghetto

True, our neighborhood is predominantly Asian & it's not even close to ghetto.

It was apparently VERY hard in my case....

:crying::crying::((L)

lef our fellow member alone!! we are the "lose stuff club" members are dillon, lehi, dj and myself.. anyone else man need fi join, anybody themselves need fi join?? :whistle:

:lol::lol:

Happy Birthday Dillon!!!!

Ells- I know kids are not in your thoughts at the moment, but with all the talk of you and Lehi's name being similar I was wondering if your kids will have similar names too?? Like will your daughter just be Lee? Or put a twist on your common lee's and do Ashlee? O.K. I'm thought entirely too much about your kid's names.

Well, we are only going to have ONE (unless we have twins) & if it's a boy, it'll be named after his Grandpa Naman & if a girl, named Amy after Grandma. :luv:

All day today my cell has been ringing with an unknown number - So I googled it, and came up with one of my credit cards, and reports of it being a telemarketer for them - It just rang again, same number, and I answered it, ready to rip for a telemarketer calling me - Stupid me, forgot to pay my bill!

:blush::blush::lol:

Bunz, why don't you like the term dating?

Quana, I'm glad you asked if I'm going to the courthouse. I want to get married by one of my church's pastors. I got the # of the lady who schedules weddings for them & need to call her... But if tey don't have availability, then I'll go to the courthouse.

Ells, I DEFINITELY understand your annoyance about the carelessness. Especially with things such as the keys & address & phone numbers, because then your safety is in potential jeopardy. I know Quana is saying to have lots of patience, but there has to be some way to (hypnosis??) to minimize that characteristic trait. It's one thing to lose something in the house, but quite another to leave important, identifying things (documents, keys) out in the World.

Thanks Nat! That's EXACTLY my point! He just doesn't get it. :bonk::bonk:

For my own personal experience, the best situation for me is when there is a nice diverse setting (either work, school, or neighborhood). I grew up in majority black elementary and middle school. For high school, I got this idea that I wanted to go to a different school than my friend or neighbors. I went to a majority white school. I still had majority black friends. All of my friends (mainly black) were not in honors classes. I asked the guidance counselor to downgrade me to regular so that I could have classes with my friends. She called my parents on me (that snitch) and I wasn't allowed to get out of the honors classes. I was all the only black person in my classes. Except when I took electives and even sometimes I was the only black (no counting the teacher) as none of my friend thought Accounting in high school was fun. No one was mean to me...but I felt sooo out of place and really didn't enjoy my high school days to the fullest. But at home and work, I was never the only black.

I went to a majority black college....LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I met all kinds of people mixed, carribbean, african, students from Texas, New Orleans, Cali, NYC, Philly, and of course Florida. It was just nice to meet all of these black people but we were still culturely different. I admit I was nervous entering in the Corporate environment. We had a session at school to address the cultural shock (that's what they called it).

I have notice about myself that if I'm the only black (lets say in a training class) and there are other minorities , Indians and hispanics...I usually feel more comfortable..even forget the fact that I'm the only sista in there.

But why do you feel uncomfortable KK? Is it because they MAKE you feel uncomfortable or is it just your own perception? For instance, when I went to a Jamaican club in NYC and it starts filling up and me and there are only like 4 white people there, I'm totally fine with it. My best friend was like we gotta go. The way I look at it is we are people....we can't change the skin we were born it like we can change our hair....just love who you are and be the best person you are. I hate the fact that people still pay attention to the "differences"....

You know it really came down to me not really knowing how to relate. We were culturely different and not just by our skin tones. For an example, as teenagers we tend to like music...well the talk was Britney Spears this and Britney Spears that...and I was like..95 South Boyz and Mase and Puff Daddy. I wasn't mean to anyone and they weren't mean to me.

But I see my question was taken out of your response. I was wondering why you think they said hi to him and not you. Was it make him "feel" comfortable?

Ok VJers.. I have a question that has been lurking on my mind (hope it hasn't been asked and if it has, please lead me to the page):

How hard would you think it would be or has it been for your SO to get accustomed to living in a town/city that is predominantly white? I ask this because I was talking w/ my hubby about living in such an area and he states that he doesn't know if he could. Now he did say that since he loved me, he would live there, but he strongly thinks he'd try to convince me to move. It is a culture shock for them to move to another country in itself, but to also move to where there are very very few minorities. Have any of you experienced such a thing??

*sidenote:

I am in no way, shape or form racist and I do not ask this to hurt feelings or cause drama. Just a curious mind is all I have, :blush:

It was apparently VERY hard in my case....

why???

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

DaDa - I was reading this article how only 5% of churches are racially integrated.

kk.. i LOVE LOVE my new church.. it is half black, half white, and a few hispanics.. I have NEVER been a member of a church w/ such diversity and i am soooo proud.. i feel like this is the way it should be.

why u have to wait to join next month?

Timeline
dang dillon, that was a blessing

good thing u were at panera's and not Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles

:lol:

All day today my cell has been ringing with an unknown number - So I googled it, and came up with one of my credit cards, and reports of it being a telemarketer for them - It just rang again, same number, and I answered it, ready to rip for a telemarketer calling me - Stupid me, forgot to pay my bill!

You just joined the forgetful club!

I was thinking the same thing.

kk.. ur comment is relevant to the discussion, i enjoyed hearing ur take.. i went to an ALL black skool in elementary and then multicultural in middle and highskool, but still mostly black..

college was the CULTURE SHOCK.. i think its why i went from honor student to mediocre student.. i didn't enjoy going to a skool w/ VERY few blacks.. even tho it had indians, white, asian.. i went nevertheless...

My first church had a variety of members. I went to the school associated with the church, & there was plenty of diversity there, too. My college & the church I went to in college also had lots of people from different places. Now, my church doesn't have much diversity at all, but work does. I haven't really ever experienced culture shock, but I SURE did :rofl: about this one story right after hurricane Katrina. This plane of people from New Orleans thought they were going somewhere in Texas, but the plane ended up taking them to UTAH instead! :rofl::rofl: This is especially funny because, before Katrina, New Orleans was known for having a large % of people who hadn't travelled outside of the state. That leads to a semi-close-mindedness that I noticed in high school. So to go from New Orleans (predom Black) to Utah, when they thought they were going to Texas... I cried laughing. This one guy was like "I saw mountains!" But I bet that experience opened up a lot of minds.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

why u have to wait to join next month?

they only open up for membership once a mnth.. ive BEEN visiting, but i wanted to wait till Roger came so i could know if he liked it or not AND HE LOVES IT.. my old chuch of 15 years just has too much refernce to my ex.. i think he still attends

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.