6,063 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks t2b.. i pm'd u..

stone...those are some really scary stories girl.. i don't blame ur hubby for wanting to move to something TOTALLY opposite.. my mom used to be the SAME way.. when we looked for my old house, she would get mad if we looked at areas predominatly black, said it was gonna be ghetto and ray tay tay..

but becuz dallas has sooooo many minorities.. u can find some VERY nice areas that are not just ALL white.. i like to be around all kinds of ppl, and i DEFINATELY don't want to be the only person that looks like me around..

same hold true for most cities

when safety is a factor, then that is one thing but a neighborhood that is not predominantly white does not equal ghetto

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok VJers.. I have a question that has been lurking on my mind (hope it hasn't been asked and if it has, please lead me to the page):

How hard would you think it would be or has it been for your SO to get accustomed to living in a town/city that is predominantly white? I ask this because I was talking w/ my hubby about living in such an area and he states that he doesn't know if he could. Now he did say that since he loved me, he would live there, but he strongly thinks he'd try to convince me to move. It is a culture shock for them to move to another country in itself, but to also move to where there are very very few minorities. Have any of you experienced such a thing??

*sidenote:

I am in no way, shape or form racist and I do not ask this to hurt feelings or cause drama. Just a curious mind is all I have, :blush:

It was apparently VERY hard in my case....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I am like you Quana I am forever missplacing my keys, work badge, phone you name it. I even try to put them in the same place everyday but it doesn't matter. One time I was tearing the place up looking for my keys and was almost in a panic and then I realized my shirt had the pass through pocket around the stomach and they were in there. I just pretended I had found them some where in the house so I wouldn't look like an idiot because they were in my pocket all along! Shhhh it is still a secret!

I can attest to that...... :whistle::whistle:

lef our fellow member alone!! we are the "lose stuff club" members are dillon, lehi, dj and myself.. anyone else man need fi join, anybody themselves need fi join?? :whistle:

Timeline
lef our fellow member alone!! we are the "lose stuff club" members are dillon, lehi, dj and myself.. anyone else man need fi join, anybody themselves need fi join?? :whistle:

We're gonna send you all the members to go through the Nah Lose Boot camp - R can come up to New England with those of us who keep our belongings!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Ok VJers.. I have a question that has been lurking on my mind (hope it hasn't been asked and if it has, please lead me to the page):

How hard would you think it would be or has it been for your SO to get accustomed to living in a town/city that is predominantly white? I ask this because I was talking w/ my hubby about living in such an area and he states that he doesn't know if he could. Now he did say that since he loved me, he would live there, but he strongly thinks he'd try to convince me to move. It is a culture shock for them to move to another country in itself, but to also move to where there are very very few minorities. Have any of you experienced such a thing??

*sidenote:

I am in no way, shape or form racist and I do not ask this to hurt feelings or cause drama. Just a curious mind is all I have, :blush:

It was apparently VERY hard in my case....

what was very hard?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We're gonna send you all the members to go through the Nah Lose Boot camp - R can come up to New England with those of us who keep our belongings!

Heck I have left my purse on the back of the chair at the Bread Company (Panera) got all the way home and noticed hours later. Thank God someone turned it in and I went back and got it. Boot Camp might be good for me.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
thanks t2b.. i pm'd u..

stone...those are some really scary stories girl.. i don't blame ur hubby for wanting to move to something TOTALLY opposite.. my mom used to be the SAME way.. when we looked for my old house, she would get mad if we looked at areas predominatly black, said it was gonna be ghetto and ray tay tay..

but becuz dallas has sooooo many minorities.. u can find some VERY nice areas that are not just ALL white.. i like to be around all kinds of ppl, and i DEFINATELY don't want to be the only person that looks like me around..

same hold true for most cities

when safety is a factor, then that is one thing but a neighborhood that is not predominantly white does not equal ghetto

i agree.. girl i didn't listen to my mama, mi a big ooman, she turn her nose up all she want.. but i did understand why she had that perception from her experiences.. just like stone's husband.

new experiences give u a new way of thinking!! :thumbs:

Good morning all..

i pray everyone is blessed and doing well..

i have some big news..didn't share yesterday cuz im too nosy and couldn't get caught up.. :whistle:

OKAY MY SISTREN..

Ya'll know i have been a worry wart when it comes to this JA/US love thing for 2 years now.. :blush: but THIS trip has been different than ALL others.. i am busting out ot the seams w/ happiness and joy everyday w/ this man.. the love he's shown me cannot be matched SOOOOO

we eloped over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

i am officially a MRS.. and I LOOOOVVVVE MY GOOD GOOD HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH My goodness Quanna I cannot express how happy I am for you I am sitting at my desk with a big Koolaid smile! You are so blessed! May the creator bless your Union. I want to throw confetti or rice or something :lol:

smiley-dance014.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

:rofl:

quana singing..."tryna make me go to rehab and i say NO NO NO!!!" :bonk::rofl:

Timeline
Heck I have left my purse on the back of the chair at the Bread Company (Panera) got all the way home and noticed hours later. Thank God someone turned it in and I went back and got it. Boot Camp might be good for me.

I used to work with an attorney who was SO bad at losing things - he even left his clothes in the closet of the hotel when he went on vacation! When we were prepping for trial, I used to make 10 copies of each document and put them in a folder - the last sheet had a sticky note on it that said - You are on your last copy, go find the ones you lost -

It never failed that he would come to me cause he had lost all 10 copies = and then wondered why I never let him touch the originals -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Happy Birthday Dillon!!!!

Ells- I know kids are not in your thoughts at the moment, but with all the talk of you and Lehi's name being similar I was wondering if your kids will have similar names too?? Like will your daughter just be Lee? Or put a twist on your common lee's and do Ashlee? O.K. I'm thought entirely too much about your kid's names.

Timeline
I am like you Quana I am forever missplacing my keys, work badge, phone you name it. I even try to put them in the same place everyday but it doesn't matter. One time I was tearing the place up looking for my keys and was almost in a panic and then I realized my shirt had the pass through pocket around the stomach and they were in there. I just pretended I had found them some where in the house so I wouldn't look like an idiot because they were in my pocket all along! Shhhh it is still a secret!

I can attest to that...... :whistle::whistle:

not us....we got our shyt together over here.. :whistle:

Timeline

dang dillon, that was a blessing

good thing u were at panera's and not Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles

girl once in college, my purse was stolen from my arms while i was sleep in the common area LOL..

my fault for not hiding it under me if i was gonna be in such an open area.. DUH.. but they did mail me back my drivers license LOL

Timeline

:rofl::rofl: Love ya Dills but I gotta jump Sus' boat... :lol:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.