SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MsTee, I'm jealous about the 5 weeks of vacation. I'm STRUGGLING with only 3.

Quana!!!!! WHAT!!!!! That's awesome news! Congratulations.

Dillon, I think everyone missed my post earlier. Happy Birthday!

RoxcieJoe, I know you must be SUPER DUPER excited about your husband coming tomorrow. Best wishes! Be sure to give us a POE review.

MrsBuggy, my church has a married couples ministry. They do things like have a date night, where you can drop your kids off at church on a Friday night so you can go out. They also had a massage class a few weeks ago. And a book club for the married women (Intimiate Issues: 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex). And ballroom dancing classes. I used to think they only had a lot of activities for singles, but since I started paying attention, I see quite a few things for married couples too.

Cuban09, I have the steps. Let me go get it & send to you...

Ok well nat is giving a mini report

MsTee and Nat have more vacay than me, i'll be eligible for 3 weeks next yr though

Happy birthday Dillon smiley-happy110.gif

Rox i would be so overwhelmed with relief i wouldn't now what to do with myself. i remember hubby and i had not seen each other for 6 mths (at that time we were "dating" [hate that word]) and when i finally saw him, the minute we were alone and starting to get mushy i burst into tears and could not stop crying

Bunz u sound like u really lub yuh hubby!!!! That is so sweet. Any idea when he might be back?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dillon-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Another year older means you are getting BETTER, WISER & FINER!!!

Justucia-Girl... sorry to hear what frustrations you are going through right now, but silver lining: he'll be here soon with you wrapped in your arms!

Jamerican Queen-Congrats on your hubby's arrival!

Roxie-I KNOW your counting down the hours!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Dada-I am hoping to find some church that does the Fireproof marriage program, if not, me, derron, quana, roger, jalove & hubby will have to do it alone!!! (You hear date Quana?? :innocent: )

Quana-The counseling is at a church close to the house. Although, I think the church that I go to has a couples ministry. I'll have to check.

Finesse- Quana's pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! She will HAVE to give me her camera so I can share them w/ ya'll! (You hear dat Quana?? :yes: )

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
when we did it in new york we got it immediately

and when he wanted a copy he just stood in line and waited for them to print it

thank the Lord they are not like jamaica

LOL, that's cause in NY people have no patience - they want it NOW!

I LOVE their efficiency. We applied in queens and got married in manhattan. The queens office was horrible so I wasn't expecting much from manhattan but I was amazed when I went in. muy muy better than queens!

looks like u can go pick up a copy at our office too.. this is from our website

Obtaining Copies

The cost per copy is $8.00. You can come by the office or send in a written request (see below). If requesting by mail, please use a MONEY ORDER and allow 10 to 15 business days to receive your copy.

i guess maybe alot of ppl come to cali to get married?? who knows, but could be not enough workforce.. 4-6 weeks WOW

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm annoyed with hubby this morning. I'm trying to remember that I'm FAR from perfect & I make plenty of mistakes myself but he is just CARELESS often times. A few weeks ago, he lost his set of house keys. Probably while at school but who really knows....he looked around & they haven't been found there. He's very casual about the whole thing while I find it kind of a big deal considering some of the people he goes to school with are former crack addicts & people living in homeless shelters. In other words, people who are still possibly desperate....yes I realize I seem a little paranoid but we are in SF.

Now this morning, he calls to tell me he lost the index card I made for him with our address & ALL of my phone numbers as well as his Dad's #. This card is usually in his wallet but for some reason was not to be found this morning. Again, maybe I'm a bit paranoid but if he's leaving these items at school (or anywhere in the city for that matter), he's leaving a lot of semi-sensitive personal information for who knows who to access. I was perturbed & told him to go look for it & ended the convo. A while later he calls back to tell me he found it but the water bottle in his backpack spilled on it & smeared most of the info. I was glad he found it but still annoyed that he seems so irresponsible about these things. Granted he is not used to carrying around papers & keys but STILL, I feel like he should take this a little more seriously. I'm probably just PMSing & overreacting though..... :angry:

Timeline
Good morning all..

i pray everyone is blessed and doing well..

i have some big news..didn't share yesterday cuz im too nosy and couldn't get caught up.. :whistle:

OKAY MY SISTREN..

Ya'll know i have been a worry wart when it comes to this JA/US love thing for 2 years now.. :blush: but THIS trip has been different than ALL others.. i am busting out ot the seams w/ happiness and joy everyday w/ this man.. the love he's shown me cannot be matched SOOOOO

we eloped over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

i am officially a MRS.. and I LOOOOVVVVE MY GOOD GOOD HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smiley-shocked016.gif

OMG QUANA!!!! :D :D :D

:star:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :star:

Timeline

MsTee and Nat have more vacay than me, i'll be eligible for 3 weeks next yr though

Rox i would be so overwhelmed with relief i wouldn't now what to do with myself. i remember hubby and i had not seen each other for 6 mths (at that time we were "dating" [hate that word]) and when i finally saw him, the minute we were alone and starting to get mushy i burst into tears and could not stop crying

Ummmmm - Bunz - Ya still plan to be at your job next year?

I have 5 1/2 weeks vaca :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

ellsy bellsy..

u know usually im on ur side w/ hubby, but as a chronic absentminded person.. i have to take up for him this time.. i lose my keys in the house, cant remember what i did w/ my debit card or drivers license everyother day.. i am a mess..

so im gonna tell u like i tell sus w/ dj.. BE EASY ON HIM!! LOL

Yesterday we had my friend's 'pre-wedding reception' at a park in Berkeley & again he wasn't too impressed with all the drumming....it wasn't until they started telling people to take leftovers home & he scored a bottle of champagne & some brownie bites did that party become a success to him! :no:

LOL @ the brownie bites luvs it

Is Lehi being shy around your friends?

I hope everyone has a good sense of humor....this is a little un-PC but I still chuckled when I got this e-mail...

How would you pronounce this child's name?

"Le-a"

Leah - ? NO

Lee - A? NOPE

Lay - a ? NO

Lei - ? Guess Again.

This child attends a public school in Detroit, Michigan.

Her mother is irate. "Everyone is saying her name wrong."

It's pronounced "Ledasha".

When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent".

SO, if you see something come across your desk like this, please remember to pronounce the dash.

If they axe you "why" - - - tell them the dash don't be silent.

LOL that is a hot mess and probably true!

. i just noticed its le-ah and le-hi LOL.. how cute..

OMG I just noticed too me too, that is the cutest le-ah and le-hi

We got email NOA2

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Congrats My 2, almost there! :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MsTee, I'm jealous about the 5 weeks of vacation. I'm STRUGGLING with only 3.

Quana!!!!! WHAT!!!!! That's awesome news! Congratulations.

Dillon, I think everyone missed my post earlier. Happy Birthday!

RoxcieJoe, I know you must be SUPER DUPER excited about your husband coming tomorrow. Best wishes! Be sure to give us a POE review.

MrsBuggy, my church has a married couples ministry. They do things like have a date night, where you can drop your kids off at church on a Friday night so you can go out. They also had a massage class a few weeks ago. And a book club for the married women (Intimiate Issues: 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex). And ballroom dancing classes. I used to think they only had a lot of activities for singles, but since I started paying attention, I see quite a few things for married couples too.

Cuban09, I have the steps. Let me go get it & send to you...

LOVE the Birthday wave! Thanks! :thumbs:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I'm annoyed with hubby this morning. I'm trying to remember that I'm FAR from perfect & I make plenty of mistakes myself but he is just CARELESS often times. A few weeks ago, he lost his set of house keys. Probably while at school but who really knows....he looked around & they haven't been found there. He's very casual about the whole thing while I find it kind of a big deal considering some of the people he goes to school with are former crack addicts & people living in homeless shelters. In other words, people who are still possibly desperate....yes I realize I seem a little paranoid but we are in SF.

Now this morning, he calls to tell me he lost the index card I made for him with our address & ALL of my phone numbers as well as his Dad's #. This card is usually in his wallet but for some reason was not to be found this morning. Again, maybe I'm a bit paranoid but if he's leaving these items at school (or anywhere in the city for that matter), he's leaving a lot of semi-sensitive personal information for who knows who to access. I was perturbed & told him to go look for it & ended the convo. A while later he calls back to tell me he found it but the water bottle in his backpack spilled on it & smeared most of the info. I was glad he found it but still annoyed that he seems so irresponsible about these things. Granted he is not used to carrying around papers & keys but STILL, I feel like he should take this a little more seriously. I'm probably just PMSing & overreacting though..... :angry:

I think it is just that it seems we go from single, independant and doing things on our own (the way WE like it!) and then all of a sudden we need to compromise and deal with someone elses way of doing things. I really try to tell myself to let things go... I am very particular and like things done my way and need to learn that Louis does things his way.. and that his way is not always the wrong way.

Maybe you are overreacting a little, but I understand where you are coming from. Just venting it can feel better though.

Louis loses lots of things (and blames it on my cleaning!) :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aww Ells... patience is all I can say! Things are soooo different here than in Jamaica especially our version of good, bad, urgency, or emergency.

Did I just make any sense, cuz in my head I did, lol.

Patience...

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
ellsy bellsy..

u know usually im on ur side w/ hubby, but as a chronic absentminded person.. i have to take up for him this time.. i lose my keys in the house, cant remember what i did w/ my debit card or drivers license everyother day.. i am a mess..

I will agree with you here, Quana - But DJ has worn out his EZ pass, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dillon-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Another year older means you are getting BETTER, WISER & FINER!!!

Justucia-Girl... sorry to hear what frustrations you are going through right now, but silver lining: he'll be here soon with you wrapped in your arms!

Dada-I am hoping to find some church that does the Fireproof marriage program, if not, me, derron, quana, roger, jalove & hubby will have to do it alone!!! (You hear date Quana?? :innocent: )

Quana-The counseling is at a church close to the house. Although, I think the church that I go to has a couples ministry. I'll have to check.

Finesse- Quana's pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! She will HAVE to give me her camera so I can share them w/ ya'll! (You hear dat Quana?? :yes: )

Thanks everybody. Hubby is getting used to the 100 plus weather B) :dance: Congrats to everyone that is happy, finding love, looking for love or just trying to work love out! We are not perfect and it is patience that is the virtue

“Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.”Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

lol.. roger is like u tho ells and kind of gets upset w/ me or he used to.. now he just knows that EVERY time i leave out of A house (mine, my moms LOL).. i am gonna go on a wild goose chase for my cell phone and keys..

i think i took the cake for him when i left my purse in the rental car in Florida as i was bout to leave for the plane.. he took a second look at the car and saw it and gave it to me.. i was like.. oh okay.. thank you and he was like :o ..

absent minded ppl cant make a fuss out of things girl.. we would be crazy if we did that EVERY time we messed up something.. happens too often for me :P

ellsy bellsy..

I will agree with you here, Quana - But DJ has worn out his EZ pass, lol

galang sus.. u know dj got an unlimited pass!!!

Thanks everybody. Hubby is getting used to the 100 plus weather B) :dance: Congrats to everyone that is happy, finding love, looking for love or just trying to work love out! We are not perfect and it is patience that is the virtue

“Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.”Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

u right jq.. great words..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunz u sound like u really lub yuh hubby!!!! That is so sweet. Any idea when he might be back?

we're currently trying to decide which is more important: xmas or anniversary since they are both so close and we probably won't be able to do both

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.