Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On my first marriage I did the CR-1 and I waited to divorce until after we filed for the LOC. The rest is up to him now when it expires.

thats why i asked.. i mean on the k1 the first 90 days, its given that this MAY or MAY NOT work out and he/she COULD go back.. but after u've married OR if u do CR1.. should u feel obligated??

for me i guess it would depend on how big a jerk he was LOL

i wouldn't feel obligated...

you take a chance either way...same holds true if you marry someone who lives down the street from you...

U right about taking a chance but i think the consequences are a bit differnt w/ a LDR and divorcing b4 the 2 year requierement, someone down the street can just go back down the street LOL in this situation, someone has left their country and all they know, i think some would feel a bit more responsibility, not that they should tho :innocent:

why u a tink bout break-up anyway???

LOL, kk posted one of them mena posts and they were chatting bout it, bout just returning ur spouse like he/she is merchandise and not feeling u had to work on ur marriage,

mi nuh worry bout dat.. i got to try out the product b4 i buy it :devil:

I don't like the thought of merchandise. But, then again, it all depends on how hard you worked on the whole pre-US thing and the marriage that far and what you are getting in return effort-wise. I'm sorry; but whatever romantic notions you may have in your head, if you feel used, your opinions may just change.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to think about. You just can't dwell on it if the reasons aren't there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

dat usain like fi put on poppyshow.. i was rooting for US dude ,somebody gay, ca he was real humble, not ca him US.. even if asafa could have won.. he was just being a jester, humble still.. i always like the underdog..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

I have been cleaning this weekend in prep for A's arrival Thursday. I managed to "whitewash" the inside of the house...it looks so nice with freshly painted base boards and sparkling white doors and cabinets. Tomorrow Baby Father will be shampooing the carpets for me. I managed to get a pretty decent amount of space in the closet for A...and a entire 4 drawers in the dresser. I'm proud of myself.

I need to vacuum down cobwebs and clean the ceiling fans because men don't think of those things...then I will Febreeze my sofas since Baby Father loves to fry fish and chicken. Just to make sure the house doesn't smell like the inside of KFC or Church's.

My shower curtain liner is all fresh from being washed in hot water and a good dose of bleach....Things are finally looking like I like them...with my touch. The house was decent but it was definitely being cleaned by a man/boys for a long time.

Wow Jawi! Sounds like you might be feeling a little better or at least more motivated with A on the way. Glad you are taking it easy between the bursts of energy though. You need to be feeling good when he gets here!

I think we need to see some DEAD SEXY pics to get the week started off right.

Did you say DEAD SEXY????

FatBastard.jpg

fat_bastard.jpg

After the rehearsal dinner, her sister asked her if she had given him a check from the grandmother's account for $400 for wedding stuff - Umm.... no - When they went back through the grandmother's bank records - He has written himself checks for over $6,000 out of the grandmother's account.

In no way would I have gotten married - I woulda called the cops right then and there, he would have been sitting in jail on fraud charges, and I would have used the reception as a huge party with my friends and family!

Me too! It would've been a big 'thank God I dodged that bullet' party!!

The lady whom I hired to pick my son up from school called and quit today with NO NOTICE!

She got a job and starting TODAY she can no longer pick him up.

I got a friend to get him this afternoon but I am not sure what to do now.

The teacher is going to talk to some parents :(

How frustrating! I hope you're able to find a solution to this ASAP! :unsure:

what is for lunch today ppl?

Soda flavored jelly bellys.

You always eat candy for lunch! :blink::blink::lol:

You should come to my neck of the woods some day & take the Jelly Belly factory tour. :yes:

how can you not like chocolate chips? :blink:

that's just not right

That's what I'm saying too! :huh::yes:

Timeline
On my first marriage I did the CR-1 and I waited to divorce until after we filed for the LOC. The rest is up to him now when it expires.

thats why i asked.. i mean on the k1 the first 90 days, its given that this MAY or MAY NOT work out and he/she COULD go back.. but after u've married OR if u do CR1.. should u feel obligated??

for me i guess it would depend on how big a jerk he was LOL

i wouldn't feel obligated...

you take a chance either way...same holds true if you marry someone who lives down the street from you...

U right about taking a chance but i think the consequences are a bit differnt w/ a LDR and divorcing b4 the 2 year requierement, someone down the street can just go back down the street LOL in this situation, someone has left their country and all they know, i think some would feel a bit more responsibility, not that they should tho :innocent:

why u a tink bout break-up anyway???

LOL, kk posted one of them mena posts and they were chatting bout it, bout just returning ur spouse like he/she is merchandise and not feeling u had to work on ur marriage,

mi nuh worry bout dat.. i got to try out the product b4 i buy it :devil:

I don't like the thought of merchandise. But, then again, it all depends on how hard you worked on the whole pre-US thing and the marriage that far and what you are getting in return effort-wise. I'm sorry; but whatever romantic notions you may have in your head, if you feel used, your opinions may just change.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to think about. You just can't dwell on it if the reasons aren't there.

exactly..

don't worry dada. mi nuh tink the worse :angry: im just picking ya'll brains lol

Look who saw this weekend......

Awwe Quanna you have such an infectious smile! Luvs it!

'Dancing With the Stars' announces new lineup

Joining Osmond and DeLay will be Kelly Osbourne; former Dallas Cowboy Michael Irvin; models Kathy Ireland and Joanna Krupa; singers Macy Gray, Mya and Aaron Carter; actresses Melissa Joan Hart and Debi Mazar; Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin; ex-UFC fighter Chuck Liddell; snowboarder Louie Vito; and actors Mark Dacascos and Ashley Hamilton.

Um...aren't Mya and Aaron known for dancing during their performances...

I want to see Mark Dacascos the dude from Iron Chef and the Jet Li and Sci Fi movies :yes:

lawd you ppl are talking about children like they are rats and roaches!

scaring me

Mines are they are creepy and crawly and always getting into ish..... My oldest tried to cook a egg in the microwave this weekend and almost blew the damn door off. He said he was trying to make a hard boiled egg. Since when have you ever seen me make a boiled egg in the microwave?? I was so pissed and the house stunk for hours.

OMG I am rolling that sounds like something one of my pickney would do too trying to cut time!

Hey Finesse...yeah I'm pretty sure I'm done once A gets here. I'm going to focus on writing my books and trying to get them published so I can stop working.

That's what I am talking bout Jawi!

I'm glad you are taking a day here an there at work, how are you feeling today?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Did anyone watch the show Hawthorne with Jada Pinkett-Smith? It was pretty good I was able to see the re- runs this weekend. I enjoyed them and the season finale is Tuesday. That was quick.

I watched that new reality show is it Antonio or something like that. I can’t believe he got rid of that girl so quick because of her feet. I was LMAO man she has to be embarrassed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:yes::yes::yes: I just want to add that unless you enjoy being used, your opinions will change!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok.. i've caught up from just today. Now i'm off to do some work... when I come back I know I'll have like 15 pages to read, lol.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
Did anyone watch the show Hawthorne with Jada Pinkett-Smith? It was pretty good I was able to see the re- runs this weekend. I enjoyed them and the season finale is Tuesday. That was quick.

I watched that new reality show is it Antonio or something like that. I can’t believe he got rid of that girl so quick because of her feet. I was LMAO man she has to be embarrassed.

my oldest watches it.. i can't get into the IDEA of jada playing that character, but i bet if i gave it a chance it would be good..

antonio sabato jr.. i used to have a crush on him, but sounds like i won't like him after that show.. i saw some previews.. looks like he was married once???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.