SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When I was in HS / college, I worked at a summer camp - best job, everyone on staff got along, all stereotypes out the window, we all hung out and partied together forgetting about the traditional "cliques", except for a few snooty girls who came on staff and changed the climate - We just had a camp reunion - it was so funny to see how the cheerleader snots were now fat and old - the "geeks" were gorgeous and in shape - The male jocks were fat and bald with dumpy wives, and the nerves were successful businessmen with trophy wives -

That's funny. It's not the case with my high school classmates. Almost all of us look the same as we did 9 years ago.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... Let me shed some light onto these "Technical/Vocational" schools. I work for one right now that produces Medical Assistants, Medical Billing & Coding, Pharmacy Techs, etc., and let me say that this is a BUSINESS. These schools run on numbers and Admissions reps are just like car salesman. These schools will not give you any info on the cost until you get in the doors and ready to sign papers. Granted, they do help those people who want to get a little further in life than just work at McD's, but it will cost them an arm and both legs to do so. Community/Jr colleges are what I always suggest to people. These schools are accredited but it is rare that companies/businesses take these diplomas/degrees seriously or even on the same page as the regular colleges.

When my hubby got here, he wanted to go to a school that focused on mechanics and electrical. I immediately knew that a tech school was out. He is now going to attend a cc and get his certificate from their. And after he gets that, he only needs about 6 classes to get his Associates, so in all, that would be better for him.

This is good to know. I could tell something was fishy from all of those commericals that come on during the day..when people are at home. Interesting... :blush:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus..........wedding stories, please.

Pretty please two.... I had to work a wedding on Saturday but they were sweet and cute and cuddly (insert vomit smiley here). No drama...

Sorry, actually had to do some work! :whistle:

Okay - so this relationship has always had drama - due to his lying / drug use (supposedly in rehab) non-working azz.

The wedding party -

All of the bridesmaids were plus size - Their dresses were pretty, but NOT figure flattering for their figures - It was a teal strapless gown with a criss cross top, then supposed to flow out to just above the knee in the front, longer in the back - because of their size, the dresses ALL caught up on the rolls in the front and the back - making them somewhat mini dresses!

The highlights of the wedding party were the flower girl and the ring bearer (his son). The flower girl had this overlay to her skirt that had flower petals in it - Half way through, she was digging her hand down through the waist, picking out the petals - so adorable. His son is 6, and had a tux on - he stayed on the dance floor the entire time - the two of them were so so cute!

The church was noticibly empty on his side of the church - then at the reception, she had two whole tables set of no - shows, and about another table worth spaced out at other tables - I felt bad for her.

She did not look all that happy walking down the aisle - Had her brother on one side, her Dad on the other - I teased her later that did she need two people to make sure she didn't run away - she said yes, talk to you later - Hmmmmmmmmmmm

The food - Fried chicken breasts, which were good - Roast beef that was so overcooked it was almost black, and the girl cut it on the wrong grain - A ham, Mashed potatoes, penne ala vodka, and mac n cheese :blink: No veggies, no salad,.....

Talked to her after the meal - Apparently, after the rehearsal dinner, she learned some upsetting news - I would have cancelled the wedding -

They are living with her 95 year old grandmother - She has been living there helping her out, and so that she can stay in her home - He moved in about 7 months ago after he got out of rehab - Isn't working, she's supporting them both - A while back, he was taking money from her account without telling her - She cancelled his bank card and confronted him - He claimed that his methadone levels were off, and he was buying it on the street - HELL no - if you are truly recovering, you go to the ER, back to the dr. and let them adjust your levels - Not buy it off the street, cause you know he ain't buying methadone -

After the rehearsal dinner, her sister asked her if she had given him a check from the grandmother's account for $400 for wedding stuff - Umm.... no - When they went back through the grandmother's bank records - He has written himself checks for over $6,000 out of the grandmother's account.

In no way would I have gotten married - I woulda called the cops right then and there, he would have been sitting in jail on fraud charges, and I would have used the reception as a huge party with my friends and family!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
That's funny. It's not the case with my high school classmates. Almost all of us look the same as we did 9 years ago.

You are 27, Nat - Not much changes then - Give yourself another 5 - 10 years and see what happens :rofl:

Timeline
Ok... Let me shed some light onto these "Technical/Vocational" schools. I work for one right now that produces Medical Assistants, Medical Billing & Coding, Pharmacy Techs, etc., and let me say that this is a BUSINESS. These schools run on numbers and Admissions reps are just like car salesman. These schools will not give you any info on the cost until you get in the doors and ready to sign papers. Granted, they do help those people who want to get a little further in life than just work at McD's, but it will cost them an arm and both legs to do so. Community/Jr colleges are what I always suggest to people. These schools are accredited but it is rare that companies/businesses take these diplomas/degrees seriously or even on the same page as the regular colleges.

When my hubby got here, he wanted to go to a school that focused on mechanics and electrical. I immediately knew that a tech school was out. He is now going to attend a cc and get his certificate from their. And after he gets that, he only needs about 6 classes to get his Associates, so in all, that would be better for him.

That's for letting us know, Mrs Buggy. I guess I was used to searching at a university or community college, where everything (tuition, application, etc) is all on the website.

We are thinking about just what you said: taking those same classes for MUCH cheaper at a community college. The diff is that the CC isn't FAA-accredited, so he'll need more years of experience. I think in the long run, this will be a much cheaper option.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
AMEN

speaking of wrinkles....

have u ever ran into someone who you knew from back in the day that is the same age as you and and you've been like damn woman you look terrible!!

Yup = And it's usually someone I didn't like, so I love it, lol -

When I was in HS / college, I worked at a summer camp - best job, everyone on staff got along, all stereotypes out the window, we all hung out and partied together forgetting about the traditional "cliques", except for a few snooty girls who came on staff and changed the climate - We just had a camp reunion - it was so funny to see how the cheerleader snots were now fat and old - the "geeks" were gorgeous and in shape - The male jocks were fat and bald with dumpy wives, and the nerves were successful businessmen with trophy wives -

LOL too funny. That is what they get.....

Timeline

You need to make sure that the school is Accredited - Council for Higher Education is one of the bigger accrediting agencies -

http://www.chea.org/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

once you hit 30 things start to change and it is hard to guess peoples age, you either stay looking great (due to good genes, good luck, or you've taken good care of yourself) or you look like #######

i see people who look 10 years older than what they are....and vice versa

Timeline
While waiting for your fiances/husbands to arrive, did anyone else start IMAGINING him here?

<site note. At home I use firefox. I love that it checks spelling as you type & underlines words that might be misspelled. I wish Internet Explorer did that.>

Yesterday at church, I glanced at the empty seat on my right and thought "In one month, Steven will be in that seat." Last night at this poetry event that happens every 3rd Sunday, I was at a table with four friends. There were three empty seats at our table. I imagined that at next month's poetry event, Steven would be at the table with me. Also yesterday, one of my friends went to Marshall's with me to help pick out a dress shirt & tie for Steven. We were arguing over size. I wanted to get a small (but didn't find ANY men's smalls). She said that even if a man fits a small, he should get a medium. I was like, I don't think you know his size; a medium will be WAY too big. She suggested that I should wait until he gets here & can try it on. I thought, next time I come to this store, he will be with me.

So then I get home from everything & Steven called & mentioned that he hoped I would've called him at some point throughout the day. I was like, Even if I don't call you, please know that you've been on my mind ALL DAY.

Aww Nat that is so sweet and yes when I was dating I used to picture Roc with me all the time. Even though we didn’t start the process. It was more or less new things I knew I would be introducing him to and of course on the holidays I used to think what would it be like if he was here. I think you did the same things too Quana bcuz we would always compare notes.

Nat it sounds like you are starting to get excited…..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus..........wedding stories, please.

Pretty please two.... I had to work a wedding on Saturday but they were sweet and cute and cuddly (insert vomit smiley here). No drama...

Sorry, actually had to do some work! :whistle:

Okay - so this relationship has always had drama - due to his lying / drug use (supposedly in rehab) non-working azz.

The wedding party -

All of the bridesmaids were plus size - Their dresses were pretty, but NOT figure flattering for their figures - It was a teal strapless gown with a criss cross top, then supposed to flow out to just above the knee in the front, longer in the back - because of their size, the dresses ALL caught up on the rolls in the front and the back - making them somewhat mini dresses!

The highlights of the wedding party were the flower girl and the ring bearer (his son). The flower girl had this overlay to her skirt that had flower petals in it - Half way through, she was digging her hand down through the waist, picking out the petals - so adorable. His son is 6, and had a tux on - he stayed on the dance floor the entire time - the two of them were so so cute!

The church was noticibly empty on his side of the church - then at the reception, she had two whole tables set of no - shows, and about another table worth spaced out at other tables - I felt bad for her.

She did not look all that happy walking down the aisle - Had her brother on one side, her Dad on the other - I teased her later that did she need two people to make sure she didn't run away - she said yes, talk to you later - Hmmmmmmmmmmm

The food - Fried chicken breasts, which were good - Roast beef that was so overcooked it was almost black, and the girl cut it on the wrong grain - A ham, Mashed potatoes, penne ala vodka, and mac n cheese :blink: No veggies, no salad,.....

Talked to her after the meal - Apparently, after the rehearsal dinner, she learned some upsetting news - I would have cancelled the wedding -

They are living with her 95 year old grandmother - She has been living there helping her out, and so that she can stay in her home - He moved in about 7 months ago after he got out of rehab - Isn't working, she's supporting them both - A while back, he was taking money from her account without telling her - She cancelled his bank card and confronted him - He claimed that his methadone levels were off, and he was buying it on the street - HELL no - if you are truly recovering, you go to the ER, back to the dr. and let them adjust your levels - Not buy it off the street, cause you know he ain't buying methadone -

After the rehearsal dinner, her sister asked her if she had given him a check from the grandmother's account for $400 for wedding stuff - Umm.... no - When they went back through the grandmother's bank records - He has written himself checks for over $6,000 out of the grandmother's account.

In no way would I have gotten married - I woulda called the cops right then and there, he would have been sitting in jail on fraud charges, and I would have used the reception as a huge party with my friends and family!

an addict, unemployed, AND a thief.........must be something terribly wrong with her....

Timeline
While waiting for your fiances/husbands to arrive, did anyone else start IMAGINING him here?

<site note. At home I use firefox. I love that it checks spelling as you type & underlines words that might be misspelled. I wish Internet Explorer did that.>

Yesterday at church, I glanced at the empty seat on my right and thought "In one month, Steven will be in that seat." Last night at this poetry event that happens every 3rd Sunday, I was at a table with four friends. There were three empty seats at our table. I imagined that at next month's poetry event, Steven would be at the table with me. Also yesterday, one of my friends went to Marshall's with me to help pick out a dress shirt & tie for Steven. We were arguing over size. I wanted to get a small (but didn't find ANY men's smalls). She said that even if a man fits a small, he should get a medium. I was like, I don't think you know his size; a medium will be WAY too big. She suggested that I should wait until he gets here & can try it on. I thought, next time I come to this store, he will be with me.

So then I get home from everything & Steven called & mentioned that he hoped I would've called him at some point throughout the day. I was like, Even if I don't call you, please know that you've been on my mind ALL DAY.

Yes, I imagine what it would be like to have him here all the time...how I will drive him crazy because I am a slob and he is a neat-freak, things I look forward to cooking for him, places I want to show him, and so he can see I wasn't bsing him when I told him like he is struggling there, I am struggling here.

And you're right, Nat about me throwing in the negatives about my son. There is Good News though. I just got a call from job #2. He will be coming to work with me today to help unload/palletize a container.

So ladies, he is Dead Sexy and will have a little cash.........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i'm so angry from just reading that and is not even me it happen to

what a dutty mongrel dog of a man

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

:blink: :blink: This poor woman!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.