Here's a prayer for us all:

Now I lay me down to sleep

I pray the Lord my shape to keep.

Please no wrinkles, Please no bags

Please lift my butt before it sags.

Please no age spots, Please no gray

As for my belly, Please take it away.

Keep me healthy, Keep me young,

And thank you Lord, For all you've done.

AMEN

speaking of wrinkles....

have u ever ran into someone who you knew from back in the day that is the same age as you and and you've been like damn woman you look terrible!!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Moral of the story?? MAKE VERY sure you research your college!!!!

Google them FIRST!!!!

I lost just $50, the application fee, other had done the degree program only to find their degree wasn't accepted by employers or even tried to transfer and found the credits wouldn't transfer over.

JaEnglish, I can relate to your story a little bit. Steven wants to get into aircraft mechanics, so I found an FAA-accredited school in Houston: The Aviation Institute of Maintenance. But there were red flags all over the place. First, the admissions lady was VERY reluctant to send me any brochures/material about the school. Nor did she want to send me tuition information. I thought this was so strange that it wasn't on their website and that she didn't want to send it. After about two months of emailing/calling back & forth, she finally emailed me the application (not on the website). It was a crooked, scanned copy! I was so taken aback at the lack of professionalism. Then I get the info in the mail, and these people want $36,000 for an 18 month program. Maybe if they came across as top of the line, I could see that. But to be that raggedy as to send me a crooked, scanned copy of the application after MONTHS of requesting it, there was no way. I actually drove by the school one day and it was this small, one-story building with a small sign. Just seemed shady.

'Evenin everyone

Hello Newbie.

After the # of posts Numbers has made, I don't even think of her as a newbie anymore. :lol:

On the topic of shower curtain liners

what you can do is regularly get a bucket of degreaser or whatever detergent you wanna mix with water

and just immerse the end of the shower curtain liner in it (since that's the part that tends to get mildew

i find that easier than taking it down and putting it back up

of course you're gonna have take it down eventually to wash all of it

but i find doing that is easier

Would you believe I had a mildew resistant shower curtain & the thing still got mildew!

LOL, he's laying here next to me and read this. He says he is 'dead sexy'. He is also dead broke lol

LOL I don't know if you'll ever get takers if you keep offsetting the positives with negatives.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
AMEN

speaking of wrinkles....

have u ever ran into someone who you knew from back in the day that is the same age as you and and you've been like damn woman you look terrible!!

Yup = And it's usually someone I didn't like, so I love it, lol -

When I was in HS / college, I worked at a summer camp - best job, everyone on staff got along, all stereotypes out the window, we all hung out and partied together forgetting about the traditional "cliques", except for a few snooty girls who came on staff and changed the climate - We just had a camp reunion - it was so funny to see how the cheerleader snots were now fat and old - the "geeks" were gorgeous and in shape - The male jocks were fat and bald with dumpy wives, and the nerves were successful businessmen with trophy wives -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Sus I think I seen the show you seen about the Roller Coasters. Man Cedar Point looks like it has it going on. I used to be roller coaster guru but now I was looking at some of those rides like I’m not sure if I can get on it . The one looks really fun where other guest can squirt you with water from below. I would love to take my kids t o Cedar Point though.

We were on almost everything - Loops, forward, backward, upside down, hanging from the track,..... the only one we didn't do is called Bizarro - it's HUGE and HIGH! We were in line, and they had technical difficulties (i.e. - someone was stuck out on the track!) - So we left and figured we would go back later - We went on the Mind Eraser, which you are suspended from the track and flip, loop, etc.... My nephew decided he didn't want to do Bizarro (Thank the Lord!)

girl you saw a ride having TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES and decided you would try it again later? :blink:

no sah, dat deh ride wouldn't see me again

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
ok ladies imma take some pills and lay down for a bit....im havin the worst headache rite now.....plus its already hot....gonna turn on the ac

I feel you on the heat thing. I broke down & started running my AC. I know that my electricity bill will triple from that. :( Hope you feel better.

yes, girl it was. problem is me....well, the problem most always is me cuz I'm difficult but that is besides the point. I just don't know what I want.....but I know what I DON'T want....and hubby want to test drive every rass vehicle on the lot...and we went to 4 of them. we at least narrowed it down....

lol I really hope we don't have that situation when looking for a [very used, very cheap] car for Steven. I'll encourage him to look around online and narrow it down there. When I was ready for my current car, I knew I wanted a Honda Accord. I decided on a year, then I looked around online to find out who had what prices & made some phone calls. When I was ready, I went to ONE dealer, test drove one car, & got it. I hate offline shopping.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Nat - online shopping for a car is the best. I builded my car online..pulled up to the dealership..they had it pulled up ..hopped in..test droved...signed papers. All in one hour.

Edited by ^KK^

Timeline

Sus..........wedding stories, please.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I'm single in my mind but still married. Waiting for my hopefully soon to be ex to get it through his head and sign the damn papers already!! Dude were over finished complete. Why drag it out just sign!!!! But yes I’m single. My ex is trying to make it official but no were going to just date and have fun. Damn that is what’s wrong with relationships every one wants to jump in head first . Let’s get to know each other shall we. Plus I need a minute for me the last two relationships I have gave my all and I mean my all I need a minute before I put my heart out t here on the line again plus I'm enjoying mingling....

:thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
When I was in HS / college, I worked at a summer camp - best job, everyone on staff got along, all stereotypes out the window, we all hung out and partied together forgetting about the traditional "cliques", except for a few snooty girls who came on staff and changed the climate - We just had a camp reunion - it was so funny to see how the cheerleader snots were now fat and old - the "geeks" were gorgeous and in shape - The male jocks were fat and bald with dumpy wives, and the nerds were successful businessmen with trophy wives -

Sus, I just had that exact same conversation with a friend of mine on Friday.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

While waiting for your fiances/husbands to arrive, did anyone else start IMAGINING him here?

<site note. At home I use firefox. I love that it checks spelling as you type & underlines words that might be misspelled. I wish Internet Explorer did that.>

Yesterday at church, I glanced at the empty seat on my right and thought "In one month, Steven will be in that seat." Last night at this poetry event that happens every 3rd Sunday, I was at a table with four friends. There were three empty seats at our table. I imagined that at next month's poetry event, Steven would be at the table with me. Also yesterday, one of my friends went to Marshall's with me to help pick out a dress shirt & tie for Steven. We were arguing over size. I wanted to get a small (but didn't find ANY men's smalls). She said that even if a man fits a small, he should get a medium. I was like, I don't think you know his size; a medium will be WAY too big. She suggested that I should wait until he gets here & can try it on. I thought, next time I come to this store, he will be with me.

So then I get home from everything & Steven called & mentioned that he hoped I would've called him at some point throughout the day. I was like, Even if I don't call you, please know that you've been on my mind ALL DAY.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Here's a prayer for us all:

Now I lay me down to sleep

I pray the Lord my shape to keep.

Please no wrinkles, Please no bags

Please lift my butt before it sags.

Please no age spots, Please no gray

As for my belly, Please take it away.

Keep me healthy, Keep me young,

And thank you Lord, For all you've done.

AMEN

speaking of wrinkles....

Uh huh.....lately, men and women I knew from high school.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
ok ladies imma take some pills and lay down for a bit....im havin the worst headache rite now.....plus its already hot....gonna turn on the ac

I feel you on the heat thing. I broke down & started running my AC. I know that my electricity bill will triple from that. :( Hope you feel better.

yes, girl it was. problem is me....well, the problem most always is me cuz I'm difficult but that is besides the point. I just don't know what I want.....but I know what I DON'T want....and hubby want to test drive every rass vehicle on the lot...and we went to 4 of them. we at least narrowed it down....

lol I really hope we don't have that situation when looking for a [very used, very cheap] car for Steven. I'll encourage him to look around online and narrow it down there. When I was ready for my current car, I knew I wanted a Honda Accord. I decided on a year, then I looked around online to find out who had what prices & made some phone calls. When I was ready, I went to ONE dealer, test drove one car, & got it. I hate offline shopping.

Nat, I did the same thing. I knew what I wanted and looked around until I found it for the price I wanted to pay. I got there 15 min. before closing, gave them the money and drove off. I didn’t even test drive it. The dealer was very thorough in what they posted online and I had did so much research on that make and model and pulled the car fax on this particular one that I was confident enough to just drive away with it. I have had the car going on 4 years now and love it. I plan to shop for my next one the same and A’s when he gets here. I don’t think I will ever want to go into a dealership blind again because the salesman admitted that if they had of had more time with me or a chance to get me looking on their lot, with my credit and cash payment they would have tried very hard to sell me something else in a much higher range.

I am such an online shopper. :yes:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all!! I had a GREAT weekend. Hung out w/ some fellow VJers and like Quana said.. had some good food and great fellowship!!! Not to mention some good drinks, :whistle:

Moral of the story?? MAKE VERY sure you research your college!!!!

Google them FIRST!!!!

I lost just $50, the application fee, other had done the degree program only to find their degree wasn't accepted by employers or even tried to transfer and found the credits wouldn't transfer over.

JaEnglish, I can relate to your story a little bit. Steven wants to get into aircraft mechanics, so I found an FAA-accredited school in Houston: The Aviation Institute of Maintenance. But there were red flags all over the place. First, the admissions lady was VERY reluctant to send me any brochures/material about the school. Nor did she want to send me tuition information. I thought this was so strange that it wasn't on their website and that she didn't want to send it. After about two months of emailing/calling back & forth, she finally emailed me the application (not on the website). It was a crooked, scanned copy! I was so taken aback at the lack of professionalism. Then I get the info in the mail, and these people want $36,000 for an 18 month program. Maybe if they came across as top of the line, I could see that. But to be that raggedy as to send me a crooked, scanned copy of the application after MONTHS of requesting it, there was no way. I actually drove by the school one day and it was this small, one-story building with a small sign. Just seemed shady.

Ok... Let me shed some light onto these "Technical/Vocational" schools. I work for one right now that produces Medical Assistants, Medical Billing & Coding, Pharmacy Techs, etc., and let me say that this is a BUSINESS. These schools run on numbers and Admissions reps are just like car salesman. These schools will not give you any info on the cost until you get in the doors and ready to sign papers. Granted, they do help those people who want to get a little further in life than just work at McD's, but it will cost them an arm and both legs to do so. Community/Jr colleges are what I always suggest to people. These schools are accredited but it is rare that companies/businesses take these diplomas/degrees seriously or even on the same page as the regular colleges.

When my hubby got here, he wanted to go to a school that focused on mechanics and electrical. I immediately knew that a tech school was out. He is now going to attend a cc and get his certificate from their. And after he gets that, he only needs about 6 classes to get his Associates, so in all, that would be better for him.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.