SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have been cleaning this weekend in prep for A's arrival Thursday. I managed to "whitewash" the inside of the house...it looks so nice with freshly painted base boards and sparkling white doors and cabinets. Tomorrow Baby Father will be shampooing the carpets for me. I managed to get a pretty decent amount of space in the closet for A...and a entire 4 drawers in the dresser. I'm proud of myself.

I need to vacuum down cobwebs and clean the ceiling fans because men don't think of those things...then I will Febreeze my sofas since Baby Father loves to fry fish and chicken. Just to make sure the house doesn't smell like the inside of KFC or Church's.

My shower curtain liner is all fresh from being washed in hot water and a good dose of bleach....Things are finally looking like I like them...with my touch. The house was decent but it was definitely being cleaned by a man/boys for a long time.

That's awesome that you cleared 4 drawers for him. I only have 7 total in my dresser (3) & chest (4). I cleared 2 for Steven. I realized I could use a dresser with more than 3 drawers, but when I priced them, I decided we'll need to make do. I couldn't believe how expensive real wood furniture is! Don't laugh at me, but my bedroom furniture came in a box from WalMart (headboard, nightstand, dresser) for like $200. Despite its low cost, it has all lasted just fine for over 5 years so far, so I can't bring myself to buy a wood dresser for $600+. When I go to the homes of other people my age, I feel like they are living a more "grown" lifestyle since they have more expensive furnishings & decorations... but then again, my frugal-ness at home are what allow me to travel.

I had to laugh at myself when I read that you cleaned your shower curtain liner. For some reason, that didn't occur to me with mine. The housekeeper told me that I needed a new one because mine had a bit of mildew. At least, that's what I THINK she was saying, since she only speaks Spanish and I only speak English. But reading your post made me realize that I could've just bleached (or had her bleach) the old one & saved $15.

My bedroom set cost me about $4500 because I was tired of the bottoms of drawers falling out from the weight of clothes. I did my research, went to Rooms to Go found a set I liked...pulled one of the drawers out to see how it was constructed (always check for reinforced dovetail joints)...and low and behold, just from take the drawer out the bottom and the back of the drawer completely fell apart in my hand. The salesman turned red and assured me that this normally doesn't happen. I smiled and walked out of the store.

I usually wash my shower curtain liner very regularly because of soap scum even though it is a mildew resistant one. But, I haven't been able to clean the way I normally clean because of my health. My sister said I clean like I'm still in the Air Force and it takes too much time. LOL

USAIN JUST BROKE THE WORLD RECORD

9.58 BABY!

I was watching and it was so amazing!!! Usain will beat his own record many more times to come, I think when he is ready to retire from track he will prob do 9.3. It was nice to see him win a World Championship for JA; Asafa did wicked as well, he is usually very nervous but today he was calm and it helped him take the bronze!

I hate I missed this. I would have loved to see him run again. I was in Jamaica during the Olympics and it was amazing.

Hello everyone.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone. I just wanted to drop by and let you all know that Im not mad at ANYONE on this site, nor have I taken anything personally that anyone has said....If anything Im bothered by the process and the 50 million other things I have going on in my life. Ive read what people have said and really no one on here can affect me in a negative way because we all have our own journey's we are taking and Im a strong woman. Ive even mended fences with my MIL because I am not one to hold a grudge. Life is too short and I'd like to believe I live a drama free life. All I know is that the person I am taking this journey with loves me unconditionally and thats all that really matters to me. I am a people person and I enjoy talking to everyone and getting to know them and helping in anyway I can. For right now, Im just taking a break until I get through the first phase of this process. My intentions are to come back..... So until then.... best of luck to all of you and I look forward to coming back and seeing you all! Thank you for all the encouragement and guidance you have given me!

Remember what I said to you!

Take care and Good Luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Moral of the story?? MAKE VERY sure you research your college!!!!

Google them FIRST!!!!

I lost just $50, the application fee, other had done the degree program only to find their degree wasn't accepted by employers or even tried to transfer and found the credits wouldn't transfer over.

Dang just when I was proud of Pittsburgh. I was always leery of them types of schools. I'm so glad you did your research and saved thousands and here if you decide to go to the Community College you will earn a better degree. See thee pushiness would have set off red flags for me to because when have you ever heard of a college being so accommodating?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok, so to shake things up a bit..

It looks like my days are numbered as far as my husband and I go. If I am 'right' in what I'm seeing in our relationship, his sole purpose was to get a green card through some sucker who was willing to pay for it. If I am 'wrong', at the very least he not motivated enough or have the ambition to do anything to help himself in his immigration process outside of signing papers.

I guess time will tell...

Sorry to hear :(

But yes, time reveals everything.....

Wish I had a crystal ball or even just a flash warning of what's to come...but life isn't like that dammit!!

Thanks JaEnglishGirl. I am doing ok with this possible 'revelation'. The free-spirit part of me reminds me that everyone comes into your life for a reason, but not everyone is meant to stay. I don't regret having a relationship with him, as he taught me things and there were obviously good times. The spiteful b**ch part of me says hehe, since we are married, he is stuck in JA until HE files for divorce. :devil:Oh, he's never been here. We got married out there.

well, at least you don't have to worry about how u are going to get rid of him...

i'm sorry just the same....

Timeline

It looks like my days are numbered as far as my husband and I go. If I am 'right' in what I'm seeing in our relationship, his sole purpose was to get a green card through some sucker who was willing to pay for it. If I am 'wrong', at the very least he not motivated enough or have the ambition to do anything to help himself in his immigration process outside of signing papers.

I hope you are wrong on both accounts and he snaps the hell out of whatever he is doing.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I admit there is the possibility I may have jumped to conclusions as far as being married for a green card. Someone, I think it was DaDa, asked me if I was sure of the signs or if I was just frustrated with the process. I have put ALOT of thought into this. The best answer I have come up with so far is this. They say, and I have proven this to myself, that a woman knows when she's being cheated on, even when there isn't cut and dry evidence. This is exactly what I'm experiencing.

There have been things I have suspected about him that have been proven right, and there are things about him that have been proven wrong. Like those things, time revealed the truth, so I am willing to wait. Either he will do what he needs to, to invest in his future, or he will stay in Jamaica.

I hope you are wrong on both accounts and he snaps the hell out of whatever he is doing.

I hope I am wrong too.

Timeline
Hey there Nat!

The kid is still up for grabs, if you're interested lol

Wait, wait, wait! I did that totally wrong.

Ladies, there is a young man at my house who is, by his actions, looking for lodging elsewhere. He can cook, do laundry, and clean (at least that's what I've heard from his friend's moms). He is always respectful, minds very well, and always helpful (again, this may just be rumor, as I've never actually experienced it personally. I wish they'd send THAT son back to my house!) If you are interested please let me know. :rofl:

I can't take an 18 yr old on as my child; I'm 27.

Sure you can. I've been 21 for many years now LOL

I'm single..........is he cute? (oh,I did not just say that out loud, did I?????) :devil:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On the topic of shower curtain liners

what you can do is regularly get a bucket of degreaser or whatever detergent you wanna mix with water

and just immerse the end of the shower curtain liner in it (since that's the part that tends to get mildew

i find that easier than taking it down and putting it back up

of course you're gonna have take it down eventually to wash all of it

but i find doing that is easier

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

I want to add too, I really really appreciate the support and reality checks from y'all. Yuse guyse (my NY accent, lol) are the ish. Y'all are far different than the fake chickens I've met here where I live. It means alot to me.

Hey there Nat!

Ladies, there is a young man at my house who is, by his actions, looking for lodging elsewhere. He can cook, do laundry, and clean (at least that's what I've heard from his friend's moms). He is always respectful, minds very well, and always helpful (again, this may just be rumor, as I've never actually experienced it personally. I wish they'd send THAT son back to my house!) If you are interested please let me know. :rofl:

I'm single..........is he cute? (oh,I did not just say that out loud, did I?????) :devil:

LOL, he's laying here next to me and read this. He says he is 'dead sexy'. He is also dead broke lol

Timeline
I have been cleaning this weekend in prep for A's arrival Thursday. I managed to "whitewash" the inside of the house...it looks so nice with freshly painted base boards and sparkling white doors and cabinets. Tomorrow Baby Father will be shampooing the carpets for me. I managed to get a pretty decent amount of space in the closet for A...and a entire 4 drawers in the dresser. I'm proud of myself.

I need to vacuum down cobwebs and clean the ceiling fans because men don't think of those things...then I will Febreeze my sofas since Baby Father loves to fry fish and chicken. Just to make sure the house doesn't smell like the inside of KFC or Church's.

My shower curtain liner is all fresh from being washed in hot water and a good dose of bleach....Things are finally looking like I like them...with my touch. The house was decent but it was definitely being cleaned by a man/boys for a long time.

That's awesome that you cleared 4 drawers for him. I only have 7 total in my dresser (3) & chest (4). I cleared 2 for Steven. I realized I could use a dresser with more than 3 drawers, but when I priced them, I decided we'll need to make do. I couldn't believe how expensive real wood furniture is! Don't laugh at me, but my bedroom furniture came in a box from WalMart (headboard, nightstand, dresser) for like $200. Despite its low cost, it has all lasted just fine for over 5 years so far, so I can't bring myself to buy a wood dresser for $600+. When I go to the homes of other people my age, I feel like they are living a more "grown" lifestyle since they have more expensive furnishings & decorations... but then again, my frugal-ness at home are what allow me to travel.

I had to laugh at myself when I read that you cleaned your shower curtain liner. For some reason, that didn't occur to me with mine. The housekeeper told me that I needed a new one because mine had a bit of mildew. At least, that's what I THINK she was saying, since she only speaks Spanish and I only speak English. But reading your post made me realize that I could've just bleached (or had her bleach) the old one & saved $15.

Estate sales are good for picking up nice furniture at a decent price. I like so-called antique stores for that sort of thing too. And, I've seen some nice sets at Goodwill on occassion.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

morning all.. lets get this week started off right with a good Monday!

This is the day that the Lord has made, i will rejoice and be GLAD in it!!

okay back to catch up.. don't talk tooo much.. lol

i had a great weekend.. good friends (VJ texas linkup), good food (jah love know how to put it down in the kitchen) and good family fun,played family feud w/ the kids.. our favorite!!

BE BLESSED!

Timeline
Did you like it? I read that book. So good.

Daughter and I went to see Julie & Julia yesterday. LOVED it. I am currently reading the book and only about 3/4 through it. I can tell they left a lot out and took some liberties with other things. But, Meryl Streep is DEAD ON as Julia Child. She is just awesome. Definately a chick flick.

I want to see Julie & Julia too. I REALLY enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife. I laughed, I cried (a lot). But I did read that the movie makes him more innocent than he was in the book. I went to buy the book online AFTER seeing the movie, but the price (on used copies) seemed to be much higher than usual.

He wasn't so bad in the book.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I want to add too, I really really appreciate the support and reality checks from y'all. Yuse guyse (my NY accent, lol) are the ish. Y'all are far different than the fake chickens I've met here where I live. It means alot to me.

Hey there Nat!

LOL, he's laying here next to me and read this. He says he is 'dead sexy'. He is also dead broke lol

Ha ha......

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.