SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Now I know I'm nosy and this is NONE of my business, it goes without saying you aren't obliged to answer.

But I wondered, how do you balance being involved in the church and your relationship? Ie, was Steven ok with waiting for marriage or um....do you ask forgiveness for your sins?? :whistle:

I had a class in college where the teacher wrote each of our names on a card. Every time we had class, he'd shuffle the deck. When he had a question, he'd pull a card and ask the person whose name was on the card to answer. If that person wasn't there, their grade suffered. If that person was there, they could either answer the question or say "pass." A pass didn't affect your grade, because he at least knew that you were in class & awake.

My answer to this question is "Pass."

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Now I know I'm nosy and this is NONE of my business, it goes without saying you aren't obliged to answer.

But I wondered, how do you balance being involved in the church and your relationship? Ie, was Steven ok with waiting for marriage or um....do you ask forgiveness for your sins?? :whistle:

I had a class in college where the teacher wrote each of our names on a card. Every time we had class, he'd shuffle the deck. When he had a question, he'd pull a card and ask the person whose name was on the card to answer. If that person wasn't there, their grade suffered. If that person was there, they could either answer the question or say "pass." A pass didn't affect your grade, because he at least knew that you were in class & awake.

:rofl::rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mi wan go hooooooooooooooooooooooooooome!!

Me too I am leaving at 5:30 on the dot today! I want to pick up something nice for Hubby for dinner and surprise but I am clueless. He urged him to try egg foo young for the 1st time this weekend and he loved it. I have no clue what to do for tonight, maybe Chilis take out?

i tried to get hubby to try gyros di odda day and he laff inna mi face and say he not eating no lamb meat............................................................................

................................................................................

.........................but he ago eat goat balls

ewwwww....

hahaha...I told my husband chicken foot was nasty...he told me to stop calling people food nasty. He was highly offended. Opps.. Note to self never call Husband nasty..kikikiki...or say that his food looks nasty.

Wait - do people really eat goat balls?

I thought Lawny was kidding..

Hell to the yeah! I love them over rice with balls gravy yummmm LMAO ( I can see KK's face now reading this PRICELESS ) I remember when I was a youngin in Haiti I used to lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve that dish yummy yummy in my tummy smiley-eatdrink020.gif

I'm sorry but I am not eating anything called "balls gravy". :angry: Sort of reminds me of toe jam.

Edited by *JG*

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
dang u susi...i wanna work a half day tooooo

he is very cute that doggie..we can't have dogs..the girls love them tho

One of the things I love about my job - my dept has summer hours where you can work a half day every other Friday - so nice getting out early!

I want a dog too - but I don't want all the responsibility again right now, it's a lot of work - So, I feed my need for a dog by dogsitting - Although my cousin's dog is much easier than this one - he's adorable, but he's spoiled and ALOT of work!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
tomorrow is Ells' wedding?

yaaaaaaaaaay!

all the best girl! don't sweat the small stuff

just enjoy your day to the fullest

Oh, good luck, Ells! I hope it's a beautiful day for you!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey! I see you, new person! Welcome to VJ. Jump right into the thread & tell us all your business. We promise to reciprocate. :whistle:

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome! All my business...well that pretty much consists of working (I have 2 jobs and am working on getting a 3rd) and filling out paperwork/gathering info for immigration. Thrilling, I know LOL.

Probably the most interesting thing I have at this moment kinda involves the FB issue. There's a chick at job 1 who, for whatever reason, has it out for me. I got married in April, and told NO ONE at work I was doing so. Nobody knew till I came back with a wedding band on my finger. So, last weekend, I get that so n so wants to add you as a friend, and it's this chick! I guess she thought if she did the add a friend thing, she'd be able to peep into my FB-she's dying to find out about hubby-and get out without me knowing it. When I saw the email, I forwarded to her and added a note saying she needs to get a life and stop worrying about mine.

Gotta watch out for those stalkers. You can lock it down and specifically block her if you want.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
tomorrow is Ells' wedding?

yaaaaaaaaaay!

all the best girl! don't sweat the small stuff

just enjoy your day to the fullest

Oh, good luck, Ells! I hope it's a beautiful day for you!

I would like to know if their is anyone out there that had filed the I-130 petition for there mother who live in Jamaica and got it approved and got an interview date and went thru the interview at the kingston embassy in Jamaica. The reason for this is I filed for my mother and she got her papers/case completed and finished at the NVC and now we are waiting on our visa date. I would like to know what where the questions that they might be asking during the interview? also my mother as a younger child daughter with her in Jamaica, she would like to know if she will be able to come with her to america the same time as she if she gets approved? I did sponsor my sister on the papers that I filed and my mother had put her name on the DS-230 form so hopefully they give her a visa too. Also will the embassy consular asked for any other documents there?

HELP HELP!!

Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

Oh, God, Sus. I'm so glad.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
OK question, is it rude to ignore friend requests on FB? LOL

No, I don't think it is. I have locked mine down. I only accept people I completely trust not to be using my words or photos against me.

I have ignored many requests. And, some people I have accepted.....if they don't have anything to say that interests me----or just clogs up my page.....I delete them.

You better not delete me!

You all chat way too MUCH!

Can someone give me an update?

I went to NYC this weekend and met up with IslandWoman. We had a great time and can't wait to meet up with her again.

Oh I'm so jealous!

Evening Yardies!

I've been trying to catch up all day but I'm actually working too since I'll be off Friday & Monday. Saturday is the big day. I'm gonna spend all day catching up on here on Tuesday I know.

Wow...this seemed like it happened so quickly. Congratulations and many blessings on your union Ells...I can't wait to see pictures...I know you are going to be a beautiful bride.

I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

Thank GOD Sus...I'm so relieved to hear this! I wonder what brought all of this on in the first place.

Ha ha....would never ever delete you. I miss seeing you post every day here and there.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Nat, Sus and Kimmy, thanks for the support :luv:

:innocent:

smiley-signs136.gif

Timeline

Damn it Batman!!! I was hoping for an answer....LOL

Timeline
:ot:

JaP I really care about you...but sometimes I think you are more in love with love and the newness of a new love interest. I hope this doesn't come off wrong...but I have a hard time believing some of the things you post. I could be totally off base...but something just doesn't settle in my spirit. He may truly be a sweet man...but sometimes I think the "poet" in you embellishes the story a little...kinda like waxing nostalgic. Man, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings at all...but I wouldn't be a friend if I can't post what I feel in my gut. I have tried to bite my tongue and stay in my place. If you feel that I'm totally out of line, tell me...and I won't touch it again.

Well Jawi, everybody is entitled to their own opinion...

I won't deny that I am a poet and a lover, I always have been. The difference for me this time, is that I've met my match. He is also a poet, a lover and a very romantic man. I hope I can come back in 6, 7, 8 trillion years from now and you will see it's not just the newness that I am in love with.

I have had a few failed relationships in my life but each one of those people were good people that still love me to this day. (well minus the crack addict :whistle: but damn he was fine :lol:

My point is I believe I am a good judge of character and my gut has not once told me that I am headed down the wrong path... of course only time will tell. I refuse to live my life on guard, and give my love in rations for fear of being hurt...

Regardless of how anyone here feels about my relationship I have to live my life for me, the best way I know how...

That way is filled with peace, love, poetry and GOD.

The only thing that hurts me about your post is that you have read my story... that report came from my heart and was an EXACT telling of what happened to me. None of it was "embellished" my dear... not one bit... The bits and pieces I have posted here pale in comparison to that pouring out of my heart...

But I don't take it to heart Jawi... I have never met another SOUL who gets me... All my life I have been labeled "too positive" "too happy" too "goody two shoes" too whatever...

BUT HE GETS ME! And THAT is what matters and THAT is why I am on this Visa Journey...

If God forbid it does not work out... I have met one of the best friends of my life, that much I know.

I tell you now, will do everything in my power to make it work.

(L)

You and me both on what I highlighted. People tell me that all the time.

I just smile, say get used to it, and walk away.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

Yayyyy!!! Sus I'm so happy and relieved and happy for you and its good to know he's doing alright....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.