SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
who else ave announcement to make?

ummm...there not offering OT tomoro so i will actually get to spend a sat at home!!!!!! :unsure: well it made my week! :rofl::rofl:

Afternoon everyone!!! ( waving wildly)

I feel like I've been gone so long...I don't know yall anymore ( said in my Ms Sophia voice from "The Color Purple").

I'm going to have to take the weekend to catch up or at least try to. I have kept up with some on you on fb...I hope all is going well

I think I read Nat said she had no debt - OMG!!! I WISH!! at any rate...it's always good to have dreams

If I didn't just buy a house, I would not have any either.

thats what i was gonna say when nat said that.. most of those advisors consider ANYTHING u don't own as debt, including ur house and car notes..

and congrats on the house jg.. i knew u were working on it, didn't know it had come into fruition..

i can't wait till i buy a house again.. the first time..i was young, didnt know what i wanted, even tho it still turned out lovely..

My house and associated utility bills are the only thing I owe at all. Everything else I do own. No credit cards.

Yeah, I bought it back in May or June. I forget now. LOVE it.

no cards for me either.. i would LOOOVVVEEEE not to have a car note.. so liberating..

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old E BABY!!!!!!!!!

LOL Dillon that's gully :thumbs:

u know who di daddy is right?

fight.gif

:rofl: :rofl:

baby-dust.gif

fling some baby dust pon me :thumbs:

hey philly..

yeah right mr philly.. that saying is just too catchy.. no matter how batty ie sound LOL

LOL @ Mr. Philly I'm gonna use that!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks bugs.. roger gave me the okay for this one, my mama was jealous cuz we usually go togehter LOL but i was rushing this time.. i told him.. baby u are not gonna go in the wig shop w/ me?? he was like WHY NOT??? :o he is TOTALLY not what im used to and i love it..

bunz.. come on out of ur shell mami.. start w/ a curly, less to manage.. u will have those last lil permed ends gone in no time wearing ur wig or weave..

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!:

WHOEVER IS BLOWING PICKNEY DUST, PLEASE...MI BEG YUH...STOP! MI NAH WAN NO DUSTY PICKNEY NO TIME SOON! LIKKLE MORE...

mrs p nuh wan give up har drink :whistle::rofl::rofl:

Yuh neva tell a lie dat! :devil::thumbs::whistle:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is it okay if I dabble in messy-ness for JUST one post?

I have a burning question.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
:ot:

I REFUSE to pay for TV. So I have a converter box & absolutely HATE digital TV! Why is it that the educational channels like PBS always freeze up & sputter so mister can't watch them but all the stupid a$$ shows like Jerry Springer & Maury come in just fine??? It's a conspiracy I tell you!! :protest:

:ot2:

I have the same RANT...it is really frustrating.

Yep, me too. Channel 5 does that. I LOVE channel 5!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Congrats JaPrincess! I was in the same boat as you...pregnant waiting on the K1 visa. I was so desperate to have Neil here for the birth, and for a while there it looked like it wasn't going to happen. But it did! He was here a month before a gave birth, and I was even able to fly down for the interview because it was scheduled a few days before the doctor said I couldn't fly anymore.

As you might imagine, they asked us almost no questions at the interview. Instant approval just based on the size of my belly! If the interview is too close for you to attend just send down a doctor's note saying you can't fly, and a few ultrasound pictures wouldn't hurt either!

Good luck!

It's making me crazy acrow :wacko:

I went down in April to go over all the K1 paperwork with him and have him sign all the papers.

In May after I got back I was like honey :whistle: I am late :whistle:

He was on the phone with me when I peed on the stick that morning :wub:

He is so excited, this is his first child, but he is scared too :(

The other day he was begging my sister to stay with me if he gets denied, and begging me not to leave him :(

I just have to keep praying (F)

Timeline
Belwin, I went to Dave Ramsey's site (cause I hear about him so much) and did the comparison of my plan & his plan. I was quite surprised to see how low he estimated my savings to be at age 65, so I read the explanation of how the estimate is made:

We calculate what your financial future will look like based upon what the average American's financial plan looks like. The majority of Americans (a whopping 70%) are living paycheck to paycheck! Most Americans have debt with payments at an average 15% interest rate. We gather your info based on what you tell us about your situation: income, savings, rent/mortgage payments, and any debts that you list. If you have savings, we let that accumulate by simple addition. Finally, we subtract any remaining debt that you'll have after the age of 65.

So the estimate does not account for 401k matches (that wasn't a question) nor does it account for interest/dividends earned on savings. I guess this was only mean to be a VERY simply calculation, but I don't like that it was so misleading. If I hadn't performed previous analysis of my situation, and went by that calculator on his site, I wouldn't have really thought to check the fine print.

Anyway, I'll still read around more at his site, because everyone I know who listens to & likes Dave Ramsey, REALLY likes him. I meant to get his book a while ago. I think I didn't because he talks about debt a lot & I have no debt.

Yes the calculator can be misleading. I have teacher retirement but not included either. He teaches about what if something happens to your retirement plan (or soc security) would u still have enough in savings to live on. I just like him cause I have been on his plan a couple months before hubby got here. I got rid of all credit cards. It is easy for someone who didn't have much in Ja to want lots of stuff. So we share a checking acount and both are accountable. You can use a debit card like a credit card so its nice. I just believe if I didn't follow his principals that my hubby and my relationship is better. Cause money is the number one reason people get divorced. That is awesome you have no debt.

Plus I listen to it so much hubby has now asked what is an IRA, 401k, mutual funds, stocks and so on. So he is then interested in saving for the future and learning about money. :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
How's that for proof of relationship? :dance:

:rofl:

Not to burst your bubble; but the embassy doesn't exactly agree with you here. They say, it could've been a one time thing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Is it okay if I dabble in messy-ness for JUST one post?

I have a burning question.

Please ask...mi nah wan yuh fi bun... :blush:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
[Yes the calculator can be misleading. I have teacher retirement but not included either. He teaches about what if something happens to your retirement plan (or soc security) would u still have enough in savings to live on. I just like him cause I have been on his plan a couple months before hubby got here. I got rid of all credit cards. It is easy for someone who didn't have much in Ja to want lots of stuff. So we share a checking acount and both are accountable. You can use a debit card like a credit card so its nice. I just believe if I didn't follow his principals that my hubby and my relationship is better. Cause money is the number one reason people get divorced. That is awesome you have no debt.

Plus I listen to it so much hubby has now asked what is an IRA, 401k, mutual funds, stocks and so on. So he is then interested in saving for the future and learning about money. :whistle:

i need a mini class, .. i am lost on those things myself.. got my 401K but don't even know much about that.. the money just goes over there and i know what happens if i take it out..

Timeline

Not to burst your bubble; but the embassy doesn't exactly agree with you here. They say, it could've been a one time thing.

I thought about that too...but didn't want to spoil the fun...especially in regards to K1's...they sometimes become suspicious because they believe that the couple is only using the baby for the SO to get over...doesn't necessarily prove the genuineness of the relationship...that's where your proof and your being there (if u can) are going to come into play...but still...I wish you and your family the best...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline

I understand... is true... he really just slipped and fell in :lol::jest:

Serious tho, I hear ya JG... I have read that the embassy don't care if me preggers or not...

Good thing there is plenty more proof where that came from :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Belwin, that's awesome that he's interested in saving for the future, so you both are on one accord there.

JaP, Steven would be SOOOO EXCITED if I ever said "I'm pregnant." Meanwhile, I'd be crying.

nat..one post that we will turn into 100.. go right ahead!

Well, since you encouraged me... I'mma do like JaP did.

Did ANYONE ELSE find it a BIT strange that ___ came to the site to say hi the very day that ____ mentioned her. Now, I'm not saying that someone went & said "You'd better go check out VJ today; they're talking about you." BUT!!! I find it VERY coincidental.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.