SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus, so glad you got an update. I know it's super rough when you can't get in touch with a loved one.

hahaha did ya'll see Lisa's little boy head butting her on Housewives of Atlanta.

Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when they show Lisa with her husband and child. Her husband is so awesome. They're the cutest couple ever.

And to the Lisa-haters, see how she was busy with her family while the other were engaged in all the drama?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

That's great.

Timeline
@Someone just asked me yesterday how long the people on here (VJ Yardies thread) have been married and I wasn't 100% sure. I said there are some at 6 years,

but I didn't know if there is anyone on here that's been married longer than that.

Oh someone asked how many yardies been together for awhile now. When yardies page started page one.

Vets still together Jamie, Shem, Rhonda, Mindy, Elizabeth, Jonesie and me. I may have forgot some.

@PS. My hubby just called Shems hubby and said long lasting relationships come from their

neighborhood. LOL

Hey Jax. Mindy and I were talking about that recently. Don't forget Ms. Squitto.

Damien and I were at the mall when he was talking to your husband. It's funny cuz I didn't know your hubby's nickname so Damien said your VJ friend husband...thought he was being funny (he jokes all the time) :wacko: . They are going to link up...that's great.

Timeline

Welcome Newbies.

Guess I go should go pack :huh:. I really don't like flying so I never sleep the night before so I can pass out on the plane.

I'm so mad because I can't find a bag of shoes...hubby said I don't need any :o

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's a lesson for those still processing....make sure you get that police record expunged. My SO had his interview 8-4, it went very well except for the Police record wasn't in hand. he had a letter from victim assistance who petitioned for the expunged record, verifying it's in process...but of course he got blue slipped to return with the final PR. They are ambiguous with him about when it's ready, but he is persistent now. We thought his record of possession from 9 years prior would be disregarded, then after the delay in interview due to his health, he decided to go for the expungement...but didn't realize how bogged down that has become. So Lesson: do it right away! any record is bad.

But YEAH!!! the interview was good! thanks for the good vibes!

Culture1st[/font]

Timeline
:ot:

JaP I really care about you...but sometimes I think you are more in love with love and the newness of a new love interest. I hope this doesn't come off wrong...but I have a hard time believing some of the things you post. I could be totally off base...but something just doesn't settle in my spirit. He may truly be a sweet man...but sometimes I think the "poet" in you embellishes the story a little...kinda like waxing nostalgic. Man, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings at all...but I wouldn't be a friend if I can't post what I feel in my gut. I have tried to bite my tongue and stay in my place. If you feel that I'm totally out of line, tell me...and I won't touch it again.

Well Jawi, everybody is entitled to their own opinion...

I won't deny that I am a poet and a lover, I always have been. The difference for me this time, is that I've met my match. He is also a poet, a lover and a very romantic man. I hope I can come back in 6, 7, 8 trillion years from now and you will see it's not just the newness that I am in love with.

I have had a few failed relationships in my life but each one of those people were good people that still love me to this day. (well minus the crack addict :whistle: but damn he was fine :lol:

My point is I believe I am a good judge of character and my gut has not once told me that I am headed down the wrong path... of course only time will tell. I refuse to live my life on guard, and give my love in rations for fear of being hurt...

Regardless of how anyone here feels about my relationship I have to live my life for me, the best way I know how...

That way is filled with peace, love, poetry and GOD.

The only thing that hurts me about your post is that you have read my story... that report came from my heart and was an EXACT telling of what happened to me. None of it was "embellished" my dear... not one bit... The bits and pieces I have posted here pale in comparison to that pouring out of my heart...

But I don't take it to heart Jawi... I have never met another SOUL who gets me... All my life I have been labeled "too positive" "too happy" too "goody two shoes" too whatever...

BUT HE GETS ME! And THAT is what matters and THAT is why I am on this Visa Journey...

If God forbid it does not work out... I have met one of the best friends of my life, that much I know.

I tell you now, will do everything in my power to make it work.

(L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OK SO HERE I WAS READING PAT 16 THINKING I HAVE CAUGHT THEN I GET THE LIKE TO 17 WITH MORE PAGES I HAVE TO STOP SKIPPING VJ ONE WEEKDAYS LOL

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

I like your response, JaP. I definitely relate to the part about your past relationships viewing you positively. Same here. The one that ended when I met Steven... he is engaged now, but would still tell me (if I hadn't cut off communication) that I'm the best girlfriend he ever had.

I'm so mad because I can't find a bag of shoes...hubby said I don't need any :o

lol. I think it's somewhere between; maybe you don't need an entire BAG of shoes, but you at least need one or two pair!

culture1, thanks for the follow-up. Sounds like things went well and he'll be approved as soon as the police record is updated. Not the best status, but much better than it could've been.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
:dance:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 1LUV!! :dance:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Welcome aboard 876...and don't worry about the patois thing! Alot of us are still learning up here--it's a great place to practice and learn! Just feel free to jump right in...these ladies are great! (and a likkle crazy...but yuh nah 'ere dat fram mi! :whistle: )

IM STILL SOAKING IN ALL THE PATOIS STILL NOT BOLD ENOUGH TO TYPE IT YET LOL ...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

AWWW SUS THAT GREAT I KNOW YOU FEEL BETTER NOW.... STILL PRAYING FOR HIS RECOVERY

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Morning all!

Thank GOD Sus...I'm so relieved to hear this! I wonder what brought all of this on in the first place.

Stress and not proper eating, Jawi - the past year has just been one thing after another - his mother has stomach problems too, so I am sure it's partly hereditary.

:ot:

JaP I really care about you...but sometimes I think you are more in love with love and the newness of a new love interest. I hope this doesn't come off wrong...but I have a hard time believing some of the things you post. I could be totally off base...but something just doesn't settle in my spirit. He may truly be a sweet man...but sometimes I think the "poet" in you embellishes the story a little...kinda like waxing nostalgic. Man, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings at all...but I wouldn't be a friend if I can't post what I feel in my gut. I have tried to bite my tongue and stay in my place. If you feel that I'm totally out of line, tell me...and I won't touch it again.

Well Jawi, everybody is entitled to their own opinion...

I won't deny that I am a poet and a lover, I always have been. The difference for me this time, is that I've met my match. He is also a poet, a lover and a very romantic man. I hope I can come back in 6, 7, 8 trillion years from now and you will see it's not just the newness that I am in love with.

I have had a few failed relationships in my life but each one of those people were good people that still love me to this day. (well minus the crack addict :whistle: but damn he was fine :lol:

My point is I believe I am a good judge of character and my gut has not once told me that I am headed down the wrong path... of course only time will tell. I refuse to live my life on guard, and give my love in rations for fear of being hurt...

Regardless of how anyone here feels about my relationship I have to live my life for me, the best way I know how...

That way is filled with peace, love, poetry and GOD.

The only thing that hurts me about your post is that you have read my story... that report came from my heart and was an EXACT telling of what happened to me. None of it was "embellished" my dear... not one bit... The bits and pieces I have posted here pale in comparison to that pouring out of my heart...

But I don't take it to heart Jawi... I have never met another SOUL who gets me... All my life I have been labeled "too positive" "too happy" too "goody two shoes" too whatever...

BUT HE GETS ME! And THAT is what matters and THAT is why I am on this Visa Journey...

If God forbid it does not work out... I have met one of the best friends of my life, that much I know.

I tell you now, will do everything in my power to make it work.

(L)

Having read your posts for years now, and seen your style of writing - I would say that you have definitely met your match, and as flowery / poetic as you are (not a bad thing), you are also very grounded in reality and know what works and what doesn't = I love seeing you so happy, cause it's been a long road coming!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus, so glad you got an update. I know it's super rough when you can't get in touch with a loved one.

hahaha did ya'll see Lisa's little boy head butting her on Housewives of Atlanta.

Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when they show Lisa with her husband and child. Her husband is so awesome. They're the cutest couple ever.

And to the Lisa-haters, see how she was busy with her family while the other were engaged in all the drama?

she acts like a supporting wife while he's home

once he starts to talk about playing for a team she keeps talking about it "changing their life" and running guilt trips

plus something about her just doesn't add up

the fact that a court will take your children from you and give them to their father means something is going on there.

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's a lesson for those still processing....make sure you get that police record expunged. My SO had his interview 8-4, it went very well except for the Police record wasn't in hand. he had a letter from victim assistance who petitioned for the expunged record, verifying it's in process...but of course he got blue slipped to return with the final PR. They are ambiguous with him about when it's ready, but he is persistent now. We thought his record of possession from 9 years prior would be disregarded, then after the delay in interview due to his health, he decided to go for the expungement...but didn't realize how bogged down that has become. So Lesson: do it right away! any record is bad.

But YEAH!!! the interview was good! thanks for the good vibes!

that's great that the interview was good

i wish you a speedy process, this is very frustrating but it will be all worth it when your baby is with you

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good Morning everyone! Happy Friday!

I have been off all week. My laptop charger died so I have been on forced vacation.... not so bad! Tierra came home Tuesday and we have been having fun. Next week I am on my real vacation... I really hope this hot sunny weather holds out! We HAVE to get to the beach.

I could not read all the pages to catch up.

Happy Anniversary

Happy Birthday

Hope all in JA are having fun

Welcome to newbies

Prayers and well wishes to ALL!!!

~Irie

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.