SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey! I see you, new person! Welcome to VJ. Jump right into the thread & tell us all your business. We promise to reciprocate. :whistle:

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome! All my business...well that pretty much consists of working (I have 2 jobs and am working on getting a 3rd) and filling out paperwork/gathering info for immigration. Thrilling, I know LOL.

Probably the most interesting thing I have at this moment kinda involves the FB issue. There's a chick at job 1 who, for whatever reason, has it out for me. I got married in April, and told NO ONE at work I was doing so. Nobody knew till I came back with a wedding band on my finger. So, last weekend, I get that so n so wants to add you as a friend, and it's this chick! I guess she thought if she did the add a friend thing, she'd be able to peep into my FB-she's dying to find out about hubby-and get out without me knowing it. When I saw the email, I forwarded to her and added a note saying she needs to get a life and stop worrying about mine.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You aren't alone in having FB stalkers... there are a couple others on this thread who are in that same situation.

Also, if you have any questions about the paperwork or process, the people on this thread are experts.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
You aren't alone in having FB stalkers... there are a couple others on this thread who are in that same situation.

Also, if you have any questions about the paperwork or process, the people on this thread are experts.

Thanks Nat. I'm hoping to send off I130 the end of this month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! i'm so relieved

i KNOW you must be!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Happy Independence Day Jamaica

CONGRATS Shemmy and D on your 6 YEARS!!

@Kimmy she should just be glad she is getting money.

Day Care ugh. 360 a week that is crazy. We don't pay for any Holidays.

Thank goodness cause I am a teacher and hubby is a college student.

I searched on care.com and had 17 applicants apply in 2 days. We went

with the most affordable one. Who wouldn't make us keep our spot. ugh

@Someone just asked me yesterday how long the people on here (VJ Yardies thread) have been married and I wasn't 100% sure. I said there are some at 6 years,

but I didn't know if there is anyone on here that's been married longer than that.

Oh someone asked how many yardies been together for awhile now. When yardies page started page one.

Vets still together Jamie, Shem, Rhonda, Mindy, Elizabeth, Jonesie and me. I may have forgot some.

My hubby and I met in Jan 98. But her wasn't legal to date yet. We started dating in 6/00 he was finally legal then. Our first pic together is on the yahoo group broad. It is so funny.

Does anyone go to the yahoo group board anymore??

@DTUNDA welcome.

@ Sus I am glad you heard from him and his brother helped. What a great feeling. Hopefully there will be more blessings your way.

@Facebook. I ignore people all the time if I don't know them. I pm them and tell them I don't know

you sorry.

@PS. My hubby just called Shems hubby and said long lasting relationships come from their

neighborhood. LOL

Plus my hubby asked did u say something about the 10 year card that came and I said yes and the

ladies said congrats. He use to hate me posting on this site so I stopped.

@I hope everyone is having a wonderful night.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Jawi - I typed a whole message to you and then just decided to erase it.

I'm now waiting on what it is that God has in store for you. Keep your faith and call on God's name.

I know I kid around on this thread a lot...but you situation is really sitting heavily on my heart this evening. Soon you'll look back and say..God is in control.

God bless.

Thank you KK...God is preparing me for a breakthrough...but I be darn if the road doesn't hurt getting there sometimes. I'm still saying thank you...even though I lost the strength and will to pray. I just feel so selfish when my prayers are consistently about my healing.

Damn girl that is alot of meds. I hope your doc is sure about them all being taking together.No that phat sun of a bleep didn’t!!! I’m glad you still have your slick tongue. I know you was like you just don’t know how bad I wish I was in JA getting married instead of this hell hole.

Ur right I cant sympathize with the pain and I wont come with any its going to get better speeches because right now I think you don’t want to hear that ish because u know it you will u just want to rant so rant on girl rant on.

It is hard to catch up when you get behind shoot don’t I know. They looking for my car right now. I wont even tell you how they tried to come get it and I almost drove ova the tow truck at 12 midnight in a little night gown with no shoes r underwear on. He thought I came out to clean my car out. No I came to drive like a bat out of hell away but anyways I’m parking down the street and ova the hills and I’m walking miles to my house everyday. I know my neighbors are looking at me like why does she walk every day… My bills are sky high and I have to figure out how to get the school uniforms too bu I know I will think of something…I think…

I appreciate all the words of encouragement. God will turn your situation around too. Iknow that I couldn't make it without Him.

so true

it bothers me but i have run out of comforting words to say

but you are right, she will look back knowing God was in control

Sorry if I caused you guys undue stress.

lmao

nah i did the lawny before we went to the airport

i snuggled up beside him and woke him up with my tears rolling down his shoulder and asked him to take me with him or just stay with me and keep me company

Awwww...this is sweet. I usually have the same goodbyes with A. On my last trip in August last year, I told him that I would not travel again just to say goodbye to him again. Little did I know that those words would stick. I have just over a week now...and hopefully no more goodbyes for a very long time.

Thanks mstee, dada, kimmy, quanna and whomever else replied to my distress signal. Yes Dada I am ticketed to leave on 08/12...AND STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MY RETURN TICKETS!!! It looks more like an extended stay instead of a move but still the same...at minimum a month. The next few days will be hellish for me crazy busy. I am a working as a vendor at the local(2 hrs away) Reggae fest this weekend, my son is playing in a golf tournament til friday...I return to spend the evening with him and then take him to the airport Saturday morning then head back down to the festival....I come back from the fest to have 24 hours before we(my daug and I) leave for JA! So, I need to go ahead and get my return tkt huh???

Jawi...I tried to text you today cause along with all this...you were heavy on my heart and mind...couldn't understand why the text wouldn't send so I tried to call you...then got an error message...I saved your number in my phone missing one digit! I will correct that and try and check on you over the next few days....just want you to know you are in my thoughts :)

Okay. Thanks. I admire your faith to just step out in the deep end of it.

Justie,

Your sincerity touches me the most. I really do appreciate all the support you guys are giving me. I will get through this...I'm still weepy and depressed. But, I'll get through this.

I will NEVER agree with that statement. My kids come first always.

I'm with you on this 100% JG.

:ot:

JaP I really care about you...but sometimes I think you are more in love with love and the newness of a new love interest. I hope this doesn't come off wrong...but I have a hard time believing some of the things you post. I could be totally off base...but something just doesn't settle in my spirit. He may truly be a sweet man...but sometimes I think the "poet" in you embellishes the story a little...kinda like waxing nostalgic. Man, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings at all...but I wouldn't be a friend if I can't post what I feel in my gut. I have tried to bite my tongue and stay in my place. If you feel that I'm totally out of line, tell me...and I won't touch it again.

Just stopping by to say my dad had to have an emergency surgery today. He is doing well just tired! Please keep him in ur prayers!

My prayers for his speedy recovery and minimal suffering.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

1luv hugs and prayers. (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
OK question, is it rude to ignore friend requests on FB? LOL

No, I don't think it is. I have locked mine down. I only accept people I completely trust not to be using my words or photos against me.

I have ignored many requests. And, some people I have accepted.....if they don't have anything to say that interests me----or just clogs up my page.....I delete them.

You better not delete me!

You all chat way too MUCH!

Can someone give me an update?

I went to NYC this weekend and met up with IslandWoman. We had a great time and can't wait to meet up with her again.

Oh I'm so jealous!

Evening Yardies!

I've been trying to catch up all day but I'm actually working too since I'll be off Friday & Monday. Saturday is the big day. I'm gonna spend all day catching up on here on Tuesday I know.

Wow...this seemed like it happened so quickly. Congratulations and many blessings on your union Ells...I can't wait to see pictures...I know you are going to be a beautiful bride.

I TALKED TO DJ

Thank GOD Sus...I'm so relieved to hear this! I wonder what brought all of this on in the first place.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.