SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Our mutual friend E that introduced us (me and A) is back in Jamaica because his younger sister died from Sickle Cell...she was only 21. I feel horrible because I should have been there too. A is very spiritual but he is telling me that he can't manage sitting in the church during the ceremony. He will be there...but he will stay outside the church because he doesn't like to see people cry and mourn. If I was there, he would be going in...and we would both support our friend.

Funny thing is is that A still hasn't figured out how to tell E that we are getting married. I was casually dating E when he introduced me to A. I told E that our thing was cool...but I couldn't deny the attraction between me and A. E was upset, but said that he understood and he knew that there was a mutal attraction...he could feel it. A doesn't want to hurt him...so he has to finally face the music and tell E that he is moving to Atlanta for us to get married. He is a nervous wreck about it. I always asked him why he let 5 years go by without telling E that he was in love with me. He told me that E told him how much he loved me...but I wasn't interested in another LDR or going through the process again. E had never told me that his feelings were that strong for me. I thought we were just kicking it so I wouldn't be the 5th wheel with my girls and their guys/husbands.

So E knows that I was interested but I'm not sure he knows about me and A's relationship since he moved to New York.

First Jawi, I'm so sorry to hear about that girl - that is so young to lose life. :crying: I'm like A ....I can't get myself into that church and if I do, I'm in the back. The sadness there will be unbearable.

My opinion re: E - A (or you) should tell him. You know how Jamaica rolls and he is going to find out almost immediately after A steps on that plane. Better to hear it from people he cares about than someone who is gossiping. Just my two cents.... :blush:

i agree island.. i know its hard for them to do, but it has to be done.. the sooner the better

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry NatPat...I don't think so. I may come on to read the guides for AOS/ROC...but I won't be a yardie poster anymore. I'm tired of being the underdog...the person everyone loves to hate because I post something that makes people think or maybe a little uncomfortable. I'm tired of hearing about the private PMs discussing what I post and how rude it was or xyz...I'm tired of dealing with fakeness and sometimey friendships. I can't stand cowardice. Those that I am truly friends with know who they are...and they know that I will always be a phone call away.

Right now, I am posting because A is not here...I'm sitting in a boring training class for another 4 weeks...so why not.

I am appalled I can't believe it! People nuh have nothing betta fi do then chat chat about posts????? MI cyan imagine what people must seh bout my posts dayum shame! Makes mi think!

Jawi do you!!! smiley-hug008.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Our mutual friend E that introduced us (me and A) is back in Jamaica because his younger sister died from Sickle Cell...she was only 21. I feel horrible because I should have been there too. A is very spiritual but he is telling me that he can't manage sitting in the church during the ceremony. He will be there...but he will stay outside the church because he doesn't like to see people cry and mourn. If I was there, he would be going in...and we would both support our friend.

Funny thing is is that A still hasn't figured out how to tell E that we are getting married. I was casually dating E when he introduced me to A. I told E that our thing was cool...but I couldn't deny the attraction between me and A. E was upset, but said that he understood and he knew that there was a mutal attraction...he could feel it. A doesn't want to hurt him...so he has to finally face the music and tell E that he is moving to Atlanta for us to get married. He is a nervous wreck about it. I always asked him why he let 5 years go by without telling E that he was in love with me. He told me that E told him how much he loved me...but I wasn't interested in another LDR or going through the process again. E had never told me that his feelings were that strong for me. I thought we were just kicking it so I wouldn't be the 5th wheel with my girls and their guys/husbands.

So E knows that I was interested but I'm not sure he knows about me and A's relationship since he moved to New York.

First Jawi, I'm so sorry to hear about that girl - that is so young to lose life. :crying: I'm like A ....I can't get myself into that church and if I do, I'm in the back. The sadness there will be unbearable.

My opinion re: E - A (or you) should tell him. You know how Jamaica rolls and he is going to find out almost immediately after A steps on that plane. Better to hear it from people he cares about than someone who is gossiping. Just my two cents.... :blush:

i agree island.. i know its hard for them to do, but it has to be done.. the sooner the better

Missed this part of the post - I agree with Island too, definitely the sooner the better - Sorry for the loss - I am with A on funerals too - I have a really hard time with them.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please tell me that someone else watches ABC's "Dating in the Dark." Too hilarious.

This dude gave a toast to fire. Not the kind that brings down "shank and shanty" (???) but the kind that brings down "pant and panty." :rofl:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry NatPat...I don't think so. I may come on to read the guides for AOS/ROC...but I won't be a yardie poster anymore. I'm tired of being the underdog...the person everyone loves to hate because I post something that makes people think or maybe a little uncomfortable. I'm tired of hearing about the private PMs discussing what I post and how rude it was or xyz...I'm tired of dealing with fakeness and sometimey friendships. I can't stand cowardice. Those that I am truly friends with know who they are...and they know that I will always be a phone call away.

Right now, I am posting because A is not here...I'm sitting in a boring training class for another 4 weeks...so why not.

I REALLY hope this is not about me :blink: cause ain't nobody PM'd me a thing :no:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has their own perception Jawi.

That is the spice of life! Nuh make nobody run you!

ja p (F) its been other issues in the past .. so thats why alot of us can understand jawi's decision. doan worry my dear..

what other issues?

Timeline
Jawi, you have been one of my rocks through my struggles - You don't pull punches, but what you say comes with love and support - which has been much appreciated.

(Hand-in-the-air waving) DITTO to what Sus said!!! (L)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

see finesse, thats why u should stick around.. ;)

im just letting ja p know that her situation wouldnt be the deciding factor, that there are plenty of other reasons.. nope i don't have any inside details to give, sorry..

just have been around looking at posts.. just like i can KIND OF figure out why ms tee left.. just be reading some of the posts.. you know??? could be wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

cranberry flavored water has to be the best thing since sliced bread!!

pic_ocean_spray_wata.jpg

get one of these ice cold and feel like i'm in heaven

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

nice Bunz..I will have to try one next time.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
jawi i feel ya.. thankfully i havn't had any bad experiences on VJ.. but in my own lil circle of friends.. i am dealing w/ the same things and i am just gonna LET IT GO.. i am not a drama loving person AT ALL.. so i hope that u clean out all ur negativity and are able to move forward in joy and peace.. WITH YO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Yuh betta watch what yuh say yuh know people are bound to log on ta see what yuh chatting bout since yuh nuh chatting wid dem no more...

I feel yuh on dis though and its such a shame that no matter what your opinion is and whether you agree with me or not just tell me face to face or e-mail to e-mail what's wrong . If we are supposed to be so cool and I say something to offend or upset you why hold it in where supposed to be cool in the first place so spit it out !!!

Timeline
finesse yuh noh easy :no:

Thanks Quana, I am still a "newbie" here so Imma try not to take it personal.

Jawi, only you know what's best for you. :thumbs:

Stop foolin yourself, you aren't a newbie anymore!

How was my puctuation on that one Nat?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
finesse yuh noh easy :no:

Thanks Quana, I am still a "newbie" here so Imma try not to take it personal.

Jawi, only you know what's best for you. :thumbs:

good, that was my only intention.. i didnt want u to feel guilty or take anything personal.. like i said.. nobody has ever pulled me into drama thankfully nor vice versa, but i do know that ur situation isn't the only mixup mixup there has been.. but its all good..

some of our times here are long, some are short.. speaking of if anybody here from marlita.. let me know how she doing.. wanna know is she having babies yet LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooould

matter of fact i'm going to get one now :D

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
cranberry flavored water has to be the best thing since sliced bread!!

pic_ocean_spray_wata.jpg

get one of these ice cold and feel like i'm in heaven

oh i bet thats good.. i LOVE water so i don't need any motivation, but looks refreshing.. or maybe im just thirsty :unsure: .. mek me go get my ozarka :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.