Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When we got to school he stood in line and he waved bye like a champ...

when the line slowed by the door he looked back and blew me a kiss kiss.gif

too precious

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
wha kinds dreams jaP?

finesee, :lol::bonk:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow these kids are really some handfuls I see. I guess I’m so blind and thinking with a grown up point of view but I never thought it would be so difficult to integrate two families but I see all your children are showing me how naïve I can be. Now Brownskinn I can see your daughter acting funny. At 15 that has to be a tough age to move from the only place you’ve known your whole life and now you have to come over here wit us funny talking people who eat funny things. So I’m sure you have some rebellion coming your way. As far as her dressin that is they way the woman and girls dress over there right? I always assumed because its so darn hot over there they try to wear less is best. See over there no one pays it any mind where over here we look at her like WTH.. I would say instead of reprimanding her about it maybe just when the two of you go out look for cute outfit s that are a little looser. Or if she picks something out just make sure she gets a bigger size in it…I always said if I was to move to JA I would most likely lose weight. Even though I love to eat I’m funny about what I eat . I was forever frowning my face up at something so I would be just as bad as her over there..lol

To the rest of you the only thing I can say is I agree with what the other poster said always stand together. Even if your hubby or hubby to be does something you don’t like talk to him about it behind closed doors. Never in front of the kids. Its so important to show union there fore they wont think they can come between the two of you. That is what I did wrong with my hubby. My oldest is not his and I was always the one to reprimand my son so therefore he felt like he didn’t have to listen to my husband. I should have sat back and let him do his thing . I learned from my mistakes and going forward I wont make the same one again. Well I guess the one good thing out of all this is the two of you are so busy fighting with your children you don’t have time to fight each other…lol

JAPrincess I see alot of may approvals for the K1 going on now

GOOD!

Cause I wanna spend 3 days is bed :rofl:

Seriously, my hormones are all crazy right now and the vivid dreams are NOT HELPING :blush::whistle::innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

MSTEE dontgo.gif

I must have missed something cause I don't know what you said that had Roxie telling you to chill, but COME BACK!!! :crying:

We ALL get stressed and feel overwhelmed...

That is why this is such a great place... take the criticism along with the encouragement there is a purpose for everything.

I am sorry you are bitter :( We are truly here to help each other. (F) Stay strong chica! :star:

Timeline
:rofl::rofl::lol: Im glad u guys turned a serious situation into something so funny.....lol. Jawi I glad ur day is seeming brighter.......maybe cause A will be here in a week or so but hang in there, remember God won't give you more than you can bear. Know that I will be praying for you and I agree wit Nat.....ya gotta stop in from time to time. You have shared a lot of information and that apology to JAP proves more that u are a down to earth chick that is truthful and not to proud to say when u are wrong.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I appreciate them all. However, I was not wrong for stating my opinion...I could have done it a little differently though. I apologized for implying that she was lying or fabricating her story.

Wow is it just me or do you guys feel like you just got dumped... :unsure:

Sorry. I have been considering leaving for quite a while...but it occupied my time while I was bedridden. I just can't stomach a lot of the things posted here anymore.

im still shocked .

VJ and the yardie thread will continue on whether I'm here or not...no biggie.

I told him that he was forgetting about the increased flexibility since I wouldn't feel my legs anyway. He said man only you would make that sound fun. LMAO

Jawi its best for people to think you are CRAZY then to say something like this and be PROVEN CRAZY. Why I continue to drink when I read your post knowing there is a 90% chance its going to come flying out is beyond me.....

Hear here...i was reading her post earlier about A saying they will be with each other until god ready for them and got all teary eyed and then swallowed of course the saliva went down the wrong pipe...I was sitting here coughing for at least five minutes..all I could think was that god coming for me now...of course my son was in the next room and couldn't even ask his momma if she wanted a drink of water...ungrateful wretch....

anyhoo all sane people are in bed now...mr jengs gone to work...i'm going to bed too...later vj

LMAO...didn't mean to choke you. DaDa I never said that I wasn't crazy. I have a wicked sense of humor.

:ot:

Our mutual friend E that introduced us (me and A) is back in Jamaica because his younger sister died from Sickle Cell...she was only 21. I feel horrible because I should have been there too. A is very spiritual but he is telling me that he can't manage sitting in the church during the ceremony. He will be there...but he will stay outside the church because he doesn't like to see people cry and mourn. If I was there, he would be going in...and we would both support our friend.

Funny thing is is that A still hasn't figured out how to tell E that we are getting married. I was casually dating E when he introduced me to A. I told E that our thing was cool...but I couldn't deny the attraction between me and A. E was upset, but said that he understood and he knew that there was a mutal attraction...he could feel it. A doesn't want to hurt him...so he has to finally face the music and tell E that he is moving to Atlanta for us to get married. He is a nervous wreck about it. I always asked him why he let 5 years go by without telling E that he was in love with me. He told me that E told him how much he loved me...but I wasn't interested in another LDR or going through the process again. E had never told me that his feelings were that strong for me. I thought we were just kicking it so I wouldn't be the 5th wheel with my girls and their guys/husbands.

So E knows that I was interested but I'm not sure he knows about me and A's relationship since he moved to New York.

Waving at everyone.

Our daughters case was approved. She's been here almost a week now. I got a welcome home cake the night she arrived. I went looking for balloons to match; but couldn't find anything to fit the bill, so I got a "It's a girl" balloon. She didn't get it or eat any of the cake :wacko:

We've enrolled her in school. Decided to have her repeat the 9th grade because her grades were so poor. She was okay with it, knowing she stopped trying in school once her dad left. She and her sister are doing volleyball try outs this week. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. In fact, Im making them both run laps latter this morning.They were complaining about how tired they were. It will be a miracle if either one of them makes it.

Hope all is well.

later

Oh ...Not really sure what to do about how she dresses. Shorts are way to short for a girl who has as much back as she. The short shorts wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so tight. She seems very mature for a 15 year old, I have to constantly tell her to button up her blouse so that her bra/ breast are not hanging out. I think her clothes are fit too tight. I make suggestions but don't want to seem like I'm belittling. I want her to look like a young lady. I decided to just leave it alone, for now. I know for sure that I'm buyn the next size up, next time. She said she's lost seven pounds since arrival. We had Jamaica fare the first few days in a row, So I said we are having spaghetti tonight, she said "what am I going to eat"...I said of course spaghetti.she basically refused to eat it. I told- her like I tell mine when we eat Jamaican food...you are one your own; cause I'm not making anything else- she descided to eat the salad...mine you she's refused to eat veggies since she's arrived...

lata.

Glad she made it safely...but she will eventually come around with the food...after she gets hungry enough. LMAO @ the clothing dilemma.

Just yesterday, when you started posting, I thought "Jawi might disappear for a bit, but she'll come back just like Islandwoman." :P

Sorry NatPat...I don't think so. I may come on to read the guides for AOS/ROC...but I won't be a yardie poster anymore. I'm tired of being the underdog...the person everyone loves to hate because I post something that makes people think or maybe a little uncomfortable. I'm tired of hearing about the private PMs discussing what I post and how rude it was or xyz...I'm tired of dealing with fakeness and sometimey friendships. I can't stand cowardice. Those that I am truly friends with know who they are...and they know that I will always be a phone call away.

Right now, I am posting because A is not here...I'm sitting in a boring training class for another 4 weeks...so why not.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
true, and her fiance needs to lay the first foot down

this is a very red flag and it will be a sign of misery to come if it is not nipped in the bud

i agree.. ms tee i am scared listening to ur post.. if ur SO cannot recognize her "helping" is bothering u, u need to TELL HIM.. girl.. it won't be a easy marriage (as if marriage ever is) when this is a thorn in ur side all the time..

and sweetie..i know it feels sometimes like ppl that have gone b4 u are belittleing ur frustration, but nobody REALLY means to do that.. i know it 100%, everybody on here means well..

girl please when i file, i am gonna ask all these questions even tho i have read all this junk 100 times and ya'll heffas bet not ignore me eidda :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline
Waving at everyone.

Our daughters case was approved. She's been here almost a week now. I got a welcome home cake the night she arrived. I went looking for balloons to match; but couldn't find anything to fit the bill, so I got a "It's a girl" balloon. She didn't get it or eat any of the cake :wacko:

We've enrolled her in school. Decided to have her repeat the 9th grade because her grades were so poor. She was okay with it, knowing she stopped trying in school once her dad left. She and her sister are doing volleyball try outs this week. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. In fact, Im making them both run laps latter this morning.They were complaining about how tired they were. It will be a miracle if either one of them makes it.

Hope all is well.

later

Oh ...Not really sure what to do about how she dresses. Shorts are way to short for a girl who has as much back as she. The short shorts wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so tight. She seems very mature for a 15 year old, I have to constantly tell her to button up her blouse so that her bra/ breast are not hanging out. I think her clothes are fit too tight. I make suggestions but don't want to seem like I'm belittling. I want her to look like a young lady. I decided to just leave it alone, for now. I know for sure that I'm buyn the next size up, next time. She said she's lost seven pounds since arrival. We had Jamaica fare the first few days in a row, So I said we are having spaghetti tonight, she said "what am I going to eat"...I said of course spaghetti.she basically refused to eat it. I told- her like I tell mine when we eat Jamaican food...you are one your own; cause I'm not making anything else- she descided to eat the salad...mine you she's refused to eat veggies since she's arrived...

lata.

Hang in there, B.

i meant to reply to u brownskinn..

it sounds like u are certainly taking things in stride..thats great.. teenagers i tell ya.. im sure hubby is helping u w/ these issues, i would hate to tackle it on my own and seem like the picky stepmom.. :unsure: it will work out in time... :thumbs:

Timeline
Sorry NatPat...I don't think so. I may come on to read the guides for AOS/ROC...but I won't be a yardie poster anymore. I'm tired of being the underdog...the person everyone loves to hate because I post something that makes people think or maybe a little uncomfortable. I'm tired of hearing about the private PMs discussing what I post and how rude it was or xyz...I'm tired of dealing with fakeness and sometimey friendships. I can't stand cowardice. Those that I am truly friends with know who they are...and they know that I will always be a phone call away.

Right now, I am posting because A is not here...I'm sitting in a boring training class for another 4 weeks...so why not.

I REALLY hope this is not about me :blink: cause ain't nobody PM'd me a thing :no:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has their own perception Jawi.

That is the spice of life! Nuh make nobody run you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:rofl::rofl::lol: Im glad u guys turned a serious situation into something so funny.....lol. Jawi I glad ur day is seeming brighter.......maybe cause A will be here in a week or so but hang in there, remember God won't give you more than you can bear. Know that I will be praying for you and I agree wit Nat.....ya gotta stop in from time to time. You have shared a lot of information and that apology to JAP proves more that u are a down to earth chick that is truthful and not to proud to say when u are wrong.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I appreciate them all. However, I was not wrong for stating my opinion...I could have done it a little differently though. I apologized for implying that she was lying or fabricating her story.

Wow is it just me or do you guys feel like you just got dumped... :unsure:

Sorry. I have been considering leaving for quite a while...but it occupied my time while I was bedridden. I just can't stomach a lot of the things posted here anymore.

im still shocked .

VJ and the yardie thread will continue on whether I'm here or not...no biggie.

I told him that he was forgetting about the increased flexibility since I wouldn't feel my legs anyway. He said man only you would make that sound fun. LMAO

Jawi its best for people to think you are CRAZY then to say something like this and be PROVEN CRAZY. Why I continue to drink when I read your post knowing there is a 90% chance its going to come flying out is beyond me.....

Hear here...i was reading her post earlier about A saying they will be with each other until god ready for them and got all teary eyed and then swallowed of course the saliva went down the wrong pipe...I was sitting here coughing for at least five minutes..all I could think was that god coming for me now...of course my son was in the next room and couldn't even ask his momma if she wanted a drink of water...ungrateful wretch....

anyhoo all sane people are in bed now...mr jengs gone to work...i'm going to bed too...later vj

LMAO...didn't mean to choke you. DaDa I never said that I wasn't crazy. I have a wicked sense of humor.

:ot:

Our mutual friend E that introduced us (me and A) is back in Jamaica because his younger sister died from Sickle Cell...she was only 21. I feel horrible because I should have been there too. A is very spiritual but he is telling me that he can't manage sitting in the church during the ceremony. He will be there...but he will stay outside the church because he doesn't like to see people cry and mourn. If I was there, he would be going in...and we would both support our friend.

Funny thing is is that A still hasn't figured out how to tell E that we are getting married. I was casually dating E when he introduced me to A. I told E that our thing was cool...but I couldn't deny the attraction between me and A. E was upset, but said that he understood and he knew that there was a mutal attraction...he could feel it. A doesn't want to hurt him...so he has to finally face the music and tell E that he is moving to Atlanta for us to get married. He is a nervous wreck about it. I always asked him why he let 5 years go by without telling E that he was in love with me. He told me that E told him how much he loved me...but I wasn't interested in another LDR or going through the process again. E had never told me that his feelings were that strong for me. I thought we were just kicking it so I wouldn't be the 5th wheel with my girls and their guys/husbands.

So E knows that I was interested but I'm not sure he knows about me and A's relationship since he moved to New York.

Waving at everyone.

Hope all is well.

later

lata.

Glad she made it safely...but she will eventually come around with the food...after she gets hungry enough. LMAO @ the clothing dilemma.

Just yesterday, when you started posting, I thought "Jawi might disappear for a bit, but she'll come back just like Islandwoman." :P

didn't you say you were not going to post here anymore?

Timeline

jawi i feel ya.. thankfully i havn't had any bad experiences on VJ.. but in my own lil circle of friends.. i am dealing w/ the same things and i am just gonna LET IT GO.. i am not a drama loving person AT ALL.. so i hope that u clean out all ur negativity and are able to move forward in joy and peace.. WITH YO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.