this is the end...

45 posts in this topic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sister Jen, my Muslimah friend...are you crazy?!?! I luvz the story but I'm still around here even after hubby became a citizen last July 4th. What will I do without piccies of Squeaky...I have even told everyone about the beautiful Qur'an pic of her. I am totally sad. :( I hope that you don't be a stranger...although you might be done with other parts of VJ, you seem to be needed on this thread - for the whole Muslim thingy (you know what I mean) which many need guidance on.

I wish you both a glorious life together. Have a super Ramadan...may it bring peace to your soul and fervor to your spirit. Ameen. (F)

Edited by Staashi

...of our elaborate plans, the end...

Nearly 9 years ago, I was a college sophomore, attending a small liberal arts university in the middle of a corn field in Indiana. I was miserable and spent a lot of time online, chatting with people from all over the world. My ICQ friends list was long and I thought nothing of adding a young man from Egypt to the mix.

Months passed, ICQ friends came and went, but he stayed.

I transferred to the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and was much happier, but we kept talking.

In August of 2003, my Grandmother drove me to the bus stop in Madison, where I boarded a bus to O'Hare. 20 hours later, I landed in Cairo.

Hands shaking, I found my bags and looked through the crowd for a face that had become so familiar. He wasn't there. My heart sank. Then I heard a voice call, "Jen!" And there he was! He had convinced the security guard to let him stand right next to the door, away from the crowd.

Fast forward, October 2005. A flight was scheduled to arrive at Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport at 5:00 p.m. I left work at 3:00 and was there very early. I drank way too much coffee and paced the airport hallway.

When he finally arrived, coming down the escalator, my heart leapt. He wore his gray suit and was carrying his briefcase. We embraced, and drove off into the crisp Minnesota sunset together.

Of course, there is no such thing as happily ever after in real life. Or at least I haven't found it yet. Over the years, we've had our fair share of arguments and difficulties. Moving to the US isn't easy. Leaving behind your family, your friends, your job, your culture, your life, it takes it's toll.

And here we are now, in August of 2009. 8 years and 11 and a half months from the day we met online and 6 years nearly to the day that we met in person. Today, my husband has his United States passport in his hands. At his citizenship ceremony a few weeks back, the judge who officiated their oath talked about how these new citizens need not leave their countries, cultures and religions behind them. Rather, they should bring it with them and create their own unique american experience.

I am happy to say that today, the United States has one more Muslim American in their midst (take that DS!). Alhamdulilah, Allah (swt) has granted us the blessing of living in this country together.

So now, this is the end of my visa journey my friends. With the coming of Ramadan, I am hoping to pull back from technology a bit, or at least the message board aspect of it. I haven't been sucessful doing so in the past, but in case I suceed this time around, I can still always be reached via my blog (points to link in signature).

Best of luck to those who are still in their visa journey. I hope that you continue to ride the roller coaster, have the time of your lives and end up with the one you love.

Salaam.

Ohhhh so nice story" You made a tears in my eyes!

Take care

Allah bless you!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I-129F Sent : July 11, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : July 14, 2009

I-129F RFE(s) : None, thank God

I-129F NOA2 : November 04, 2009

Interview: December 15, 2009

Visa received: December 16, 2009

loveshower.gifloveshower.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Awhh .... Your so naughty , :rolleyes: made us think you were gonna give us bad news .

Awesom story !

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck! :thumbs:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I jumped to this thread once I came to MENA forum. My heart sank in my chest!! I thought it was bad news.. You're a teaser :lol::P

MashaAllah that was wonderful news and a very touching story. I wish you long years of happiness and joy with your husband. I'm going to miss you around during Ramadan :( Have a very blessed one and don't forget me in your prayers! May Allah accept your fasting and your deeds. Ameen. (F)(F)(F)(F)(F) *hugs*

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

A Beautiful story!! thank you

Alhamdullilah, Allahu Akbhar!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, I was reading this thinking you were going to give us bad news, but it is very good news! I wish you both well!

I did, too. Glad it was a happy story!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry for giving ya'll a scare :blush: I know it's not the happiest song, but for some reason it's what was running through my mind.

AbuS is celebrating his citizenship by defending the US to assorted arabs in random chat rooms. It's rather cute. I think Obama should hire him to do outreach and bridge building. He doesn't think the US is all peaches and cream, but he knows it's not as evil as many MENA peeps seem to think.

Just logging in to let everyone know I've moved by blog. It says it on my old one, but I thought I'd post here too, just to be on the safe side

http://umms.wordpress.com/

Edited by UmmSqueakster

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

im happy that things went well for you and hubby. :) and squeaky is awesome...ill see you around ;)(F)

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what a beautiful story...I hope that you guys enjoy a beautiful life together. At first reading this, like many others had thought, I thought that you were going to give bag news, so glad it turned out so well.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.