DTunda

New To This All - Need K-1 Advice!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Echo what KK said.

For the first part, you just need to show that you met (face to face) within 2 years.

By the time you get to the interview, when you need to show more evidence, you'll have had plenty of time to generate more evidence.

Natpat,

This is probably a really dumb question, but I'll throw it out there anyway. What would you call evidence?

Since I can't travel to the US while the k-1 is being processed and my fiance can't afford to come over here right now, email and phone calls is all we have. And sometimes we get really busy and we don't call each other as much, but we do email each other every day. Is there anything else we can do?

Send some snail mails and cards, copy them and the envelopes to show you contact each other that way also. Make lots of calls, you can NEVER be that busy not to at least call for only a few minutes every few days. Phone bills with 15-20 calls a month look good. :whistle:

Thanks for the tips!

We call each other quite a bit, but I have a IP telephone which costs nothing to call the US from Norway. Since I have this option which costs us nothing I'm usually the one calling my bf.

I'm just a simple yard ooman.

K-1

12/08/09 - I-129F sent

18/08/09 - NOA1 received by lawyer

24/08/09 - Lawyer informed us of NOA1 arrival

03/11/09 - NOA 2 received

21/12/09 - Packets 3 & 4 sent to lawyer

21/01/10 - Embassy received Packets 3 & 4 in return

27/01/10 - Embassy sends packets to shyster lawyer again

27/05/10 - Got email from Embassy re interview

09/06/10 - Interview - Was asked to submit I-134 for my fiance (our lawyer submitted the I-864 instead) and we also needed a joint sponsor. Gathering requested documents and will submit as soon as they're ready, hopefully by 30/06/10. Fingers crossed for an approval!!!

09/06/10 - Medical - all clear

01/07/10 - POE JFK - sadly it doesn't seem like this will be possible considering the delay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
To be honest, your airlines tickets will be fine. We had no pics of our first meetings. Being that you live in Norway, it is unlikely you'll get very much hassle.

I am a Yardie previously living in London who came to the States, at my interview, they wanted to see nothing.

As well as the Yardie thread, check out the UK thread, the UK thread will more accurately predict your experience in my opinion.

Do you know which Embassy you'll interview at? I am wondering if it will be the US embassy in the UK?

Hi JaEnglishGirl!

This is interesting. I hope you're right about not getting much hassle.

I have no idea where my interview will take place. How can I find out this information?

It would be really great if I'm required to interview in England and not Oslo, because I'm suppose to go to England in September to write my Master thesis so that arrangement would be very convenient!

And thanks for your message! I'll email you shortly. D

I'm just a simple yard ooman.

K-1

12/08/09 - I-129F sent

18/08/09 - NOA1 received by lawyer

24/08/09 - Lawyer informed us of NOA1 arrival

03/11/09 - NOA 2 received

21/12/09 - Packets 3 & 4 sent to lawyer

21/01/10 - Embassy received Packets 3 & 4 in return

27/01/10 - Embassy sends packets to shyster lawyer again

27/05/10 - Got email from Embassy re interview

09/06/10 - Interview - Was asked to submit I-134 for my fiance (our lawyer submitted the I-864 instead) and we also needed a joint sponsor. Gathering requested documents and will submit as soon as they're ready, hopefully by 30/06/10. Fingers crossed for an approval!!!

09/06/10 - Medical - all clear

01/07/10 - POE JFK - sadly it doesn't seem like this will be possible considering the delay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I don't think you can pick, I think the interview happens in the country where is your official residency, no?

That's an information you should quickly gather because it's asked on the very first form.

The problem is you can't know when your interview is going to happen, so if you go to the UK just for one month...

Here you can find the Norway US ambassy info:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...ay&cty=Oslo

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.