Kathryn41

Favourite Tim Horton's story

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Awesome story! And fellow re-enactor here (except I do Civil War...occasionally, and WWII). The unit I am with does the 1st Canadian Para Bn (I'm the only true Canadian in the unit) and they all LOVE Timmy's in the morning. So we brew it up and drink from the brown mugs of WWII. :D

Oh cool! yeah, I've done some Civil War since I have moved here as well - not to the same degree, though. My husband isn't really interested in it and I am doing well if he agrees to day trip with me to an event. He is dressed in jeans and shirt while I'm in full kit with hoops corset and all the layers. I miss the camping out aspect of it though. I do get to tag along with a local artillery unit so that helps and I do volunteer at several local historical sites for school programmes and such.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I worked at a tim hortons too. I got fired. Thats my funny story. Well the story that goes along with it isn't too nice but I guess since we're all friends here I'll just spill it, I believe Jill knows this story, I may have told her.

I like to call this little diddy: JELLY DONUT OVERDOSE

So, I was working at a Tim Hortons part time. I was just 18 years old with a bit of an attitude and was your typical teenaged smartass. This man came in with his little wife, a big man, with a beard. He looked like a lumberjack! Anyways he came up, ordered a jelly donut, went to sit down with his wife... ate it. Came up ordered two more, went back to sit down with his wife and at that point I made a snide remark to my coworker:

"There's a heart attack waiting to happen!"

He came up once again for another donut and he had donut peices in his beard... no word of a lie. Jeezus just buy a dozen next time and save yourself the walk right?

Um so he gets to his seat and the next thing you know he falls over and his wife is screamining frantically. He had a heart attack. :(

So my supervisor gets me to call 911... and I tend to laugh during the most awkward times and I am sorry if that offends you but its more of a nervous laugh. Well I couldn't tell the operator where we were located or what happened because all I could do was laugh.

My supervisor quickly grabbed the phone from me and took charge and after she was finished on the phone she asked me to go home, and the next day called me in and decided it would be best to let me go.

Thats my story.

:D

I told you it wasn't pretty, but its MY story.

LOL! Very funny story..but it makes me stop and think...how the heck did you explain that on your resume?

I never did put it on my resume. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:rofl:

I worked at a tim hortons too. I got fired. Thats my funny story. Well the story that goes along with it isn't too nice but I guess since we're all friends here I'll just spill it, I believe Jill knows this story, I may have told her.

I like to call this little diddy: JELLY DONUT OVERDOSE

So, I was working at a Tim Hortons part time. I was just 18 years old with a bit of an attitude and was your typical teenaged smartass. This man came in with his little wife, a big man, with a beard. He looked like a lumberjack! Anyways he came up, ordered a jelly donut, went to sit down with his wife... ate it. Came up ordered two more, went back to sit down with his wife and at that point I made a snide remark to my coworker:

"There's a heart attack waiting to happen!"

He came up once again for another donut and he had donut peices in his beard... no word of a lie. Jeezus just buy a dozen next time and save yourself the walk right?

Um so he gets to his seat and the next thing you know he falls over and his wife is screamining frantically. He had a heart attack. :(

So my supervisor gets me to call 911... and I tend to laugh during the most awkward times and I am sorry if that offends you but its more of a nervous laugh. Well I couldn't tell the operator where we were located or what happened because all I could do was laugh.

My supervisor quickly grabbed the phone from me and took charge and after she was finished on the phone she asked me to go home, and the next day called me in and decided it would be best to let me go.

Thats my story.

:D

I told you it wasn't pretty, but its MY story.

LOL! Very funny story..but it makes me stop and think...how the heck did you explain that on your resume?

I never did put it on my resume. :lol:

:rofl:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually took a picture of a doughnut I had today at timmies :lol:

We are in Brandon, but we stopped at the first Tim Hortons we came across - I had this new doughnut, the Blueberry Bloom, it was so cute - my Husband had a sandwich.

He is just on his way out to get us dinner now - Turkey bacon club yay!!

Anyway I can't post the picture I took, where is the camera cord?? But this is it :hehe:

Picture%203.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My funniest Tim Hortons story is only funny to me I think.

My friends and I stopped at Tim Hortons before heading on the road to look at the University I wanted to go to at around 8 a.m. Well my friend saw that they had Cream of Potato soup, which is her ultimate fave, so she ordered it and ate it all at 8 a.m.! Her reasoning was that they never seem to have it and she couldn't risk driving to another Tim Hortons at lunch and not having it... so she had it!

Cream of Potato is soooooooooooo good. I hope they have it when I'm visiting.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My funniest Tim Hortons story is only funny to me I think.

My friends and I stopped at Tim Hortons before heading on the road to look at the University I wanted to go to at around 8 a.m. Well my friend saw that they had Cream of Potato soup, which is her ultimate fave, so she ordered it and ate it all at 8 a.m.! Her reasoning was that they never seem to have it and she couldn't risk driving to another Tim Hortons at lunch and not having it... so she had it!

Cream of Potato is soooooooooooo good. I hope they have it when I'm visiting.

we went to the Soupplantation awhile back and they had cream of potato and rosemary soup.. it was super yummy!!

that is our favourite place right now... I love their broccoli salad with raisins and cashews ..mmmmm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

mmmmm that looks yummy, I love blueberry

didn't they use to have a blueberry fritter type donut with blueberry filling... mmm I loved that one..

Yes, they do have a blueberry fritter. While some have just blueberries throughout, Tim's has blueberry jam in the middle as well. One day we had a meeting, and this guy I worked with, was very #######, and wore white starched shirts. Another staff across from him, at the meeting, grabbed a blueberry fritter from the box and took a huge bite out of it. The blueberry jam squirted out across the table and landed on the guy's white shirt sleeve. :o We all at first gasped, then I broke out laughing. He FREAKED! When I think about it, I don't know if he freaked more because of my laughing or the blueberry on his shirt. He went home to change, and didn't come back for the rest of the day. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I had Timbits this weekend!!!

:bonk: share!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Well, my favourite memory of Timmies, is from several years ago, when my husband was still alive. Back when they made all their doughnuts, and things at store level. We'd go into there often, usually for double doubles, and maybe a doughnut, and got to know the people there. There was one worker that we got to know well.

Once when we went in, we ordered cheesecake with our coffee, and joked about taking the whole thing. She said we could buy it, I think it was something crazy like $10 or so, and she'd put what ever doughnut filling on it. You can bet we bought a lot of cheesecakes back then!! ( I got a little fat out of the deal :lol:)

But then, our happy ending had to come to an end, because they stopped making everything at the store, and had it all shipped in... :crying: Course....was good to see my waistline again :lol:

As much as I love double doubles, I really don't go there much since Jim died. So even though there isn't one where I live, I think I can survive. Not a lot of "coffee" drinkers down South!

Now...mention sweet tea to them..... :P

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I had Timbits this weekend!!!

:bonk: share!

Sorry Charles, they were so good, I ate them all :) But here are some just for you:

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/com...0px-Timbits.jpg

that's ok, i'm working a deal with someone. timbits in exchange for 12 f-16's :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Ahhh Tim's...well at least I'm getting a bit closer :lol:

I lived in New Zealand for 16 years, and of course they have nothing like Tim's there. Not even a really decent donut for heaven's sake.

I used to fly back to Canada every year, and once my son had collected me from the airport he would drive to the nearest Tim's. Nothing like a nice double double for jet jag. He's a good lad :yes:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.