alex and astrid

August 2009 CSC filers....

248 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Checked the tracking on DHL, my package was delivered today at 10.07 a.m. Weird though, when I called NVC, they said my package was mailed the fourth, but on DHL, no packages were sent to Sydney on the fourth, only the fifth. Oh well, hopefully my boy gets the packet three email tomorrow!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked the tracking on DHL, my package was delivered today at 10.07 a.m. Weird though, when I called NVC, they said my package was mailed the fourth, but on DHL, no packages were sent to Sydney on the fourth, only the fifth. Oh well, hopefully my boy gets the packet three email tomorrow!

The same thing happened with me. I called the NVC this morning and they told me it was sent out on the 5th. According to DHL nothing was sent on the 4th or 5th. It was sent on the 6th. Now hopefully my girl will have packet 3 in her hands by the beginning of next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The same thing happened with me. I called the NVC this morning and they told me it was sent out on the 5th. According to DHL nothing was sent on the 4th or 5th. It was sent on the 6th. Now hopefully my girl will have packet 3 in her hands by the beginning of next week.

I did not check your particular countries, but most likely you can Download the packet three and four from the embassy/consulate website, and be finished. Chances are they require a DS-2100 and the DS-230 PartI. there should also be a complete list of what they will expect to see (documents) at the interview. For a few of the documents (police records/ DAS certificates/Bank officer letter for the I-134) if you don't already have them it could take you some time... ie they won't be here by christmas if you don't have them.

We have the Medical exam and fees all taken care of and are waiting on the embassy and snail mail.

Since we already know the embassy has our I-797 approval from NVC; why not just send in your completed packet 3 now... save a week of snail mail time? and get ready for the interview. Unless I am mistaken they make the calendar of interviews the month prior from the DS-2100s received. If received prior to mid month (15 Nov) they will schedule interview mid the next month (Dec 09). if you wait for snail mail correspondence to tell you to send in package three you may be waiting till January for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
Got confirmation from NVC today that they sent our case to sydney on the fourth :)

Hi Alex,

How did you find out that your case was sent? Did you call the NVC? Or did they send you an email update.

Bernie

Timeline

I did not check your particular countries, but most likely you can Download the packet three and four from the embassy/consulate website, and be finished. Chances are they require a DS-2100 and the DS-230 PartI. there should also be a complete list of what they will expect to see (documents) at the interview. For a few of the documents (police records/ DAS certificates/Bank officer letter for the I-134) if you don't already have them it could take you some time... ie they won't be here by christmas if you don't have them.

We have the Medical exam and fees all taken care of and are waiting on the embassy and snail mail.

Since we already know the embassy has our I-797 approval from NVC; why not just send in your completed packet 3 now... save a week of snail mail time? and get ready for the interview. Unless I am mistaken they make the calendar of interviews the month prior from the DS-2100s received. If received prior to mid month (15 Nov) they will schedule interview mid the next month (Dec 09). if you wait for snail mail correspondence to tell you to send in package three you may be waiting till January for the interview.

Yeah, I have downloaded packet three already and have all the forms they need ready to roll, and I have my medical this thursday, with the results available the following tuesday. I filed for my police check November 1st, and am still waiting on it. I am going to email Sydney now and ask them to confirm my package is there, and if they give me the go ahead I am going to mail my DS-2301 ASAP. I can't do much about the rest of packet three until at least next week.

Got confirmation from NVC today that they sent our case to sydney on the fourth :)

Hi Alex,

How did you find out that your case was sent? Did you call the NVC? Or did they send you an email update.

Bernie

Hey, it's Astrid. Alex doesn't post on here :) I called NVC, gave them our case number, both our names and dates of birth, and asked for confirmation of wether is was still at NVC or winging it's way to sydney. NVC don't email for updates for K-1's, I believe. Alex got the hardcopy confirmation in the mail today from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Yeah, I have downloaded packet three already and have all the forms they need ready to roll, and I have my medical this thursday, with the results available the following tuesday. I filed for my police check November 1st, and am still waiting on it. I am going to email Sydney now and ask them to confirm my package is there, and if they give me the go ahead I am going to mail my DS-2301 ASAP. I can't do much about the rest of packet three until at least next week.

Hi Alex,

Bernie

Hey, it's Astrid. Alex doesn't post on here :) I called NVC, gave them our case number, both our names and dates of birth, and asked for confirmation of wether is was still at NVC or winging it's way to sydney. NVC don't email for updates for K-1's, I believe. Alex got the hardcopy confirmation in the mail today from them.

Hey Astrid...congrats on your approval! I know you were getting frustrated and a bit worried...

Just curious: did you initiate the police check on your own? Knowing that you will need it anyway? Or did you receive a request from the US embassy asking for it already? I'm trying to figure out what I can do to expedite things...what I can get started on knowing that the US embassy in Singapore has NOT received a packet from NVC yet. Police check? Certificate of "singleness"? Anything else come to mind? I know we have to wait on the medical.

-Tim

Apr 4, 2009 We meet online.

Apr 6, 2009 We exchange phone numbers and email! Let the games begin!

Apr 16, 2009 Our first phone call!

Jul 3, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore! That was a LONG flight...

Jul 10, 2009 We were meant to be together. Proposal accepted!

Jul 12, 2009 Tim leaves Singapore. :(

Jul 14, 2009 Mass amounts of paperwork begin.

Aug 3, 2009 K-1 Petition sent to CSC.

Aug 6, 2009 K-1 Petition received by CSC.

Aug 7, 2009 NOA1.

Aug 11, 2009 Check cashed.

Oct. 28, 2009 NOA2! 82 days...

Oct 30, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore again! Missing my lady terribly... :(

Nov 6, 2009 NVC Received

Nov 10, 2009 Received by US Embassy in Singapore.

Nov 12, 2009 Received Packet 3.

Nov 16, 2009 Initiated Police Check in Singapore.

Nov 17, 2009 Medical Exam completed.

Nov 17, 2009 Philippine NBI initiated.

Nov 30, 2009 Sinapore Police Check received.

Dec 10, 2009 Philippine NBI received!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview at US embassy in Singapore!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview "hiccup"! Waiting for new appointment to be scheduled.

Jan 13, 2010 New interview scheduled for Jan. 22! Yea!

Jan 22, 2010 Interview passed! Pickup visa Jan 29th!

Jan 29, 2010 Visa in hand!

Feb 9, 2010 POE: Honolulu, HI!

=================================================

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I created an account on the USCIS to get status updates on my mobile phone/email and when I finally went to hit the last button to confirm, a message came up reading: "Access To Selected Resource Not Authorized.

You have not Logged In or Your Session has Timed Out." What gives? I'm the petitioner!

Timeline
Hey Astrid...congrats on your approval! I know you were getting frustrated and a bit worried...

Just curious: did you initiate the police check on your own? Knowing that you will need it anyway? Or did you receive a request from the US embassy asking for it already? I'm trying to figure out what I can do to expedite things...what I can get started on knowing that the US embassy in Singapore has NOT received a packet from NVC yet. Police check? Certificate of "singleness"? Anything else come to mind? I know we have to wait on the medical.

-Tim

I initiated the police check the day Alex got the hardcopy NOA2 in the post. Since the USCIS tracking did not update online, we didn't find out that we had been approved about five days after the fact!

Australia does not ask for a certificate of singleness, so I can't offer any advice on that. But I would get on the police check right away, because it can take a while and it would suck to get caught up in that. Have you got your I-134 set to go? I asked Alex to start getting that together at the start of October, which was good because Chase/Wamu took their sweet time with his account verification. Also get your lovely fiancee to start getting all her forms filled out so as soon as you get P3, you can mail it all right back to them. All in all, pre-prepare as much as you can, it's what I am doing and hopefully it will help us out!

The_Sage1 - I'm sorry you are still waiting. What do the timeline estimates say your approval date should be? I am hoping that you get your approval soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I calculated the average to be about 98 days from the CSC about K-1 visas for the Philippines.

We are sitting right now at 88 days. I looked online and they haven't touched it yet. Lame. I should have waited 2 weeks and called Senator Ben Nelson. LOL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Got the updates thing working but unforunately my petition hasn't even been "touched"since August 27th. I hope I'm not the only one who's left in August. :-(

Just FYI...my petition NEVER showed at touched! Never! The one and only notification I got was "approved", so don't worry. I often wondered if getting "touches" was a good thing or not...like your petition had to be reviewed by many different people. Maybe something wrong, inaccurate or missing! I'm sure your approval will come along soon...

Apr 4, 2009 We meet online.

Apr 6, 2009 We exchange phone numbers and email! Let the games begin!

Apr 16, 2009 Our first phone call!

Jul 3, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore! That was a LONG flight...

Jul 10, 2009 We were meant to be together. Proposal accepted!

Jul 12, 2009 Tim leaves Singapore. :(

Jul 14, 2009 Mass amounts of paperwork begin.

Aug 3, 2009 K-1 Petition sent to CSC.

Aug 6, 2009 K-1 Petition received by CSC.

Aug 7, 2009 NOA1.

Aug 11, 2009 Check cashed.

Oct. 28, 2009 NOA2! 82 days...

Oct 30, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore again! Missing my lady terribly... :(

Nov 6, 2009 NVC Received

Nov 10, 2009 Received by US Embassy in Singapore.

Nov 12, 2009 Received Packet 3.

Nov 16, 2009 Initiated Police Check in Singapore.

Nov 17, 2009 Medical Exam completed.

Nov 17, 2009 Philippine NBI initiated.

Nov 30, 2009 Sinapore Police Check received.

Dec 10, 2009 Philippine NBI received!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview at US embassy in Singapore!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview "hiccup"! Waiting for new appointment to be scheduled.

Jan 13, 2010 New interview scheduled for Jan. 22! Yea!

Jan 22, 2010 Interview passed! Pickup visa Jan 29th!

Jan 29, 2010 Visa in hand!

Feb 9, 2010 POE: Honolulu, HI!

=================================================

Timeline

Got my packet three today and mailed back DS230 to the embassy today also....had the medical today too, no drama, just expensive and the doctor sucked at taking blood! Just waiting on the police check and I can send in packet three!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.