alex and astrid

August 2009 CSC filers....

248 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It might be because I didn't include the whole settlement from my divorce, I just sent the the certified top 2 pages which is the certificate. Other than that, I don't know, I sent a lot of evidence and pictures.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt39, I'm in the same boat as you are. I too sent just the certified top 2 pages of the divorce certificate (not the complete settlement). When you get more information, can you plz share. What exactly did they ask for?

CSC

NOA1: Sep 29, 2009

It might be because I didn't include the whole settlement from my divorce, I just sent the the certified top 2 pages which is the certificate. Other than that, I don't know, I sent a lot of evidence and pictures.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Checking Igor's list, 19 of the past 25 approvals are from August filers. Good stuff CSC.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

WE'RE APPROVED!!! The buggers at CSC tricked us, and didn't update our case to reflect that our second touch on the 27th was an approval! Alex got the NOA2 in the mail today! AGGGHHHHH I cant' stop smiling and crying!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeay, Alex and Astrid!! Congrats!! Cheers all around!

Today, we got the NOA2 in the mail. 8 days after the email notification.

11-13-03 Met in Boston at grad school

08-01-09 Start K-1 fiance visa process

08-25-09 I-129F (K-1 petition) mailed (received by CSC 08-26, NOA1 date 08-27)

09-01-09 NOA1 received in the mail

10-23-09 Email received that I-129F petition approved

10-31-09 NOA2 received in the mail

11-09-09 Packet 3 received by email from Sydney consulate

12-08-09 Off to Australia

12-11-09 Medical exam and police report appointments

12-21-09 Medical report received (ask for copy)

12-23-09 Packet 3 mailed to consulate (received by consulate 12-24)

12-24-09 Police certificate received

12-29-09 Interview scheduled in Sydney for January 12th

01-12-10 Interview at Sydney consulate (presented Police certificate)

01-13-10 K-1 visa issued (passport and visa received 01-14)

01-30-10 Fly into LAX, hand over K-1 packet to USCIS

02-06-10 Wedding day!

02-08-10 Get Marriage Certificate and file I-485 (AOS)

02-10-10 I-485 arrives at Chicago office

02-17-10 I-797 for I-485 and I-765 (EAD), check cashed

02-25-10 I-797C Biometric appointment for March 12th received

03-01-10 RFE for DS-2053/I-693 (Medical Exam) received

03-02-10 Civil Surgeon (Joliet, IL) transcribes DS-2053 onto I-693

03-05-10 RFE received by USCIS

03-10-10 I-485 transferred to California Service Center

03-12-10 Biometric appointment

04-19-10 I-765 (EAD) approved (card received in mail 04-26)

07-10-10 Date change on USCIS (also 08-05 and 08-06)

09-02-10 Service request sent to CSC (email response on 09-14)

09-09-10 Green Card approved! (letters received 09-09 and 09-14)

Timeline

Looks like August was a good month to file, lots of approvals and so far, no hiccups for anyone in the thread :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
WE'RE APPROVED!!! The buggers at CSC tricked us, and didn't update our case to reflect that our second touch on the 27th was an approval! Alex got the NOA2 in the mail today! AGGGHHHHH I cant' stop smiling and crying!

Congratulations, i know how frustrating it is putting your life on hold for them at the uscis and dos, im sure, like everyone keeps telling me, things will start to get smoother now. Good luck.

Timeline

Yeah, I feel now, the hard part is over. It's all up to Alex and I now to keep things moving, and we are going to whip through all the tasks on our end. It's kind of more in our hands now, and that makes me feel much better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
To add - Just logged onto USCIS tracking, and no touch yet. And, since it's the weekend there now, I am guessing that nothing will happen, if we do get touched, for a few more days. We are moving up Igor's list though! And there are a three NOA1's from around our NOA1 date that have been approved. The VJ timeline page says CSC are processing petitions from July 24. I'm not a religious person at all, but I am PRAYING we get one soon. I can't bear waiting any longer!

Hey Everybody,

I guess they are processing things quicker, I just looked up the status of our I129 visa and the NOA2 was approved on 10-29-09. I don't have the hard copy yet but it's pobabaly on the way. only 62 days for NOA2 approval, yeah!

Now it's time to get started on the rest of the packets. I hope other couples are seeing approval too.

Bernie

Timeline

Alex called them today and our case is there. Have our case number now, which is good because I needed it for my Medical next week! He didn't ask when it arrived there though. He gave them my email so I guess they can contact me when it gets sent to the Sydney consulate?

A side note - When I log into the USCIS tracking for our petition, it still says that we are in initial review, even though we have our hardcopy NOA2 and our case is at NVC. Should I be worried, or not care since we have the paper proof?

Timeline

I'm not quite sure why VJ isn't letting me edit my posts!

This is a useful thread, as it lets you see when your case is shipped to the embassy, who signed for it and all that jazz. Go take a look if you have not already :)Clicky!

Timeline
anyone call nvc yet?

I just received our NOA2 in the mail yesterday, so do you think it's too early to call????

Timeline
anyone call nvc yet?

I just received our NOA2 in the mail yesterday, so do you think it's too early to call????

Call where??

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.