alex and astrid

August 2009 CSC filers....

248 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So Alex and I have been married for a week now...LOVING being Mrs. Alex :)

Got our marriage certificate in the mail today! A word of advice for anyone else getting married in Los Angeles County...take the time to go in person to the Norwalk office of the County Clerk and register your marriage there. If you do it there, and give them an express envelope, you will get your certificate within 10 business days. From what I was told, if you register at any other office, it takes up to eight weeks! I got there at about 8.20 in the morning and was out of there in about ten minutes. We registered our marriage on Thursday and we got the certificate two days later! So making the trip down there was worth it...even though it was two hours on the bus both ways lol.

So, looks like we can file for AOS by next week. Yay!

Congrats guys, happy for you. How you liking the Cali weather? Im just down the road in arizona, been here 12 days now and loving every second of it, so happy to be back with better half and new born. Marriage and AOS gonna be a few weeks yet though.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Congrats guys, happy for you. How you liking the Cali weather? Im just down the road in arizona, been here 12 days now and loving every second of it, so happy to be back with better half and new born. Marriage and AOS gonna be a few weeks yet though.

The weather has been up and down since I got here January 27. It's either been lovely and I've been in shorts and a shirt, or bloody terrible and pouring with rain! Our wedding day, we dodged a bullet....rain was forecast all week, but it rained friday night, and by Saturday morning it was blue skies and sunshine!!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Congrats!

I have been so busy I had forgotten to update this thread! The little lady and I arrived (after stopping off in Manila for a day) on February 9th. Our POE was Honolulu and due to the size of the flight (300+) we got seated toward the front of the plane so we could disembark quickly and sprint for immigration! We were 2nd in line at immigration and the whole process took only 10 minutes with absolutely zero bumps in the road.

I have yet to start the AOS forms...probably will this weekend. We are also planning our wedding (looks like the Hapuna Prince Hotel in the South Kohala district, Big Island, HI) for May 1st, depending on availability.

My two daughters are getting nicely acquainted with my fiancee and, well....life is good!!! (L)

Apr 4, 2009 We meet online.

Apr 6, 2009 We exchange phone numbers and email! Let the games begin!

Apr 16, 2009 Our first phone call!

Jul 3, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore! That was a LONG flight...

Jul 10, 2009 We were meant to be together. Proposal accepted!

Jul 12, 2009 Tim leaves Singapore. :(

Jul 14, 2009 Mass amounts of paperwork begin.

Aug 3, 2009 K-1 Petition sent to CSC.

Aug 6, 2009 K-1 Petition received by CSC.

Aug 7, 2009 NOA1.

Aug 11, 2009 Check cashed.

Oct. 28, 2009 NOA2! 82 days...

Oct 30, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore again! Missing my lady terribly... :(

Nov 6, 2009 NVC Received

Nov 10, 2009 Received by US Embassy in Singapore.

Nov 12, 2009 Received Packet 3.

Nov 16, 2009 Initiated Police Check in Singapore.

Nov 17, 2009 Medical Exam completed.

Nov 17, 2009 Philippine NBI initiated.

Nov 30, 2009 Sinapore Police Check received.

Dec 10, 2009 Philippine NBI received!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview at US embassy in Singapore!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview "hiccup"! Waiting for new appointment to be scheduled.

Jan 13, 2010 New interview scheduled for Jan. 22! Yea!

Jan 22, 2010 Interview passed! Pickup visa Jan 29th!

Jan 29, 2010 Visa in hand!

Feb 9, 2010 POE: Honolulu, HI!

=================================================

Timeline
Congrats!

I have been so busy I had forgotten to update this thread! The little lady and I arrived (after stopping off in Manila for a day) on February 9th. Our POE was Honolulu and due to the size of the flight (300+) we got seated toward the front of the plane so we could disembark quickly and sprint for immigration! We were 2nd in line at immigration and the whole process took only 10 minutes with absolutely zero bumps in the road.

I have yet to start the AOS forms...probably will this weekend. We are also planning our wedding (looks like the Hapuna Prince Hotel in the South Kohala district, Big Island, HI) for May 1st, depending on availability.

My two daughters are getting nicely acquainted with my fiancee and, well....life is good!!! (L)

Yay for being reunited!

I am going to get stuck into all the forms today so hopefully we can send them off by next week.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi August Filers :)

An update for me...Married nearly two months now, sent off our AOS last month and my I-485 is currently sitting at CSC, patiently awaiting adjudication. AP and EAD still stitting at the National Benefits Center, also waiting patiently :)

How is everyone else traveling?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi August Filers :)

An update for me...Married nearly two months now, sent off our AOS last month and my I-485 is currently sitting at CSC, patiently awaiting adjudication. AP and EAD still stitting at the National Benefits Center, also waiting patiently :)

How is everyone else traveling?

We've just been settling in and getting used to each other! Our wedding is May 8th in South Kohala, Big Island, Hawaii. I'm starting to stress out a little as there is SO much planning yet to do. No worries... I anticipate we will file AOS in early June.

Apr 4, 2009 We meet online.

Apr 6, 2009 We exchange phone numbers and email! Let the games begin!

Apr 16, 2009 Our first phone call!

Jul 3, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore! That was a LONG flight...

Jul 10, 2009 We were meant to be together. Proposal accepted!

Jul 12, 2009 Tim leaves Singapore. :(

Jul 14, 2009 Mass amounts of paperwork begin.

Aug 3, 2009 K-1 Petition sent to CSC.

Aug 6, 2009 K-1 Petition received by CSC.

Aug 7, 2009 NOA1.

Aug 11, 2009 Check cashed.

Oct. 28, 2009 NOA2! 82 days...

Oct 30, 2009 Tim travels to Singapore again! Missing my lady terribly... :(

Nov 6, 2009 NVC Received

Nov 10, 2009 Received by US Embassy in Singapore.

Nov 12, 2009 Received Packet 3.

Nov 16, 2009 Initiated Police Check in Singapore.

Nov 17, 2009 Medical Exam completed.

Nov 17, 2009 Philippine NBI initiated.

Nov 30, 2009 Sinapore Police Check received.

Dec 10, 2009 Philippine NBI received!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview at US embassy in Singapore!

Jan 7, 2010 Interview "hiccup"! Waiting for new appointment to be scheduled.

Jan 13, 2010 New interview scheduled for Jan. 22! Yea!

Jan 22, 2010 Interview passed! Pickup visa Jan 29th!

Jan 29, 2010 Visa in hand!

Feb 9, 2010 POE: Honolulu, HI!

=================================================

Timeline

We've just been settling in and getting used to each other! Our wedding is May 8th in South Kohala, Big Island, Hawaii. I'm starting to stress out a little as there is SO much planning yet to do. No worries... I anticipate we will file AOS in early June.

Don't stress!! I pretty much put my wedding together in three weeks....you can do it!!! Thats great you have had lots of time to be settled in with each other and enjoy those last week weeks of fiancee/fiance status ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just a quick note to say that I am at the end of my journey, for now! My green card was approved yesterday, which means that from the initial filing of our K1 packet to green card approval, it was just over nine months. I'm so amazed and grateful we had such a smooth journey with no RFE's or any hiccups. I really hope that each of your journeys have the same smooth sailing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.