jjmcmbaa09

Any info for K-1 and K-3 visas??

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

We're new to this site, but we were wondering how much money you should have in the bank and how much income you should have to meet the requirements for the fiance visa (k-1) and the marriage visa (k-3). I'm engaged to a man in Yemen and my friend (who i have this account with) is married to his brother.We also want to know what things you can't have to bring them (i.e. food stamps, medicaid).

Any input on this would be helpful. Thank you.

One thing to add - don't bother with the K-3 - go with the CR-1.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

What is the main difference? Is it faster or easier? Thanks for the advice.

Start Here

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Start Here

Thank you that was very helpful.

Can one person sponser two people if they make 50,000 a year?

Start Here

Can one person sponsor two people if they make 50,000 a year?

Depends, how many dependents does this one person have? (not counting the 2 people) - you have to include anyone that is counted toward the household, and any other immigrants sponsored if applicable.

Or do you mean One sponsor, one beneficiary? (if that is so, $50,000 is more than enough).

Timeline

Can one person sponsor two people if they make 50,000 a year?

Depends, how many dependents does this one person have? (not counting the 2 people) - you have to include anyone that is counted toward the household, and any other immigrants sponsored if applicable.

Or do you mean One sponsor, one beneficiary? (if that is so, $50,000 is more than enough).

3 dependents already plus the 2

Filed: Timeline
We've been looking but it still doesn't say if one person can sponser two people.

Each spouse and/or fiancee has to petition her own spouse/fiance. No way out of that one. If the income is insufficient, then each one of you would need a cosponsor. So, no, you could not, for example, sponsor your husband and your friend's husband :no:

Read the guides more deeply.

Timeline
We've been looking but it still doesn't say if one person can sponser two people.

Each spouse and/or fiancee has to petition her own spouse/fiance. No way out of that one. If the income is insufficient, then each one of you would need a cosponsor. So, no, you could not, for example, sponsor your husband and your friend's husband :no:

Read the guides more deeply.

No I meant my friends mom wants to cosponser my fiance and myfriends husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.