domegirl1978

Depressing email from the Consulate in Montreal

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! So I was very happy to learn from D.O.S. that they had us logged in to their system. They gave me an answer before the Consulate. Then on Saturday I received this email from the Consulate:

We have received your documents, you are currently on a 3-4 month waiting list for an interview date.

UGH! 3-4 month waiting list. Jiminy Krispies! Are they serious? At that rate I'll be moving to the States at X-mas time.

I was pretty depressed all weekend. Hoping for the best though and hoping it doesn't take that long.

I'm very sorry to hear that! I hope you get lucky and it goes much faster

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

That's just the standard response they give to everyone. It definitely could be sooner.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

we were told 4-6 months and got an interview in 6 weeks.... they give you the 'worst case scenario' to keep the inquiry volume down at their offices....

Mind you, I do notice that it was super fast in spring and has slowed down some... if you look at recent turn arounds.... it's been about 2-3 months...

hang in there...it could be sooner :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you looking at the timeline thread here? you'll get a mroe accurate idea based on other people here. 3-4 months is still by Christmas time - don't dispair

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Thanks guys! Definitely keeping my chin up. Hopefully it won't take that long and if so I'm hoping time won't feel like its dragging on FOREVER.....lol

yeah I know how you feel about that!! My last week just before my interview was one of the longest weeks in my life. ( Until now that is...waiting for the 18th to move!)

Do whatever it takes to get your mind off it!! Work; making sure everything is ready for the interview, deciding what your bringing, and how your shipping it, your wedding plans....and if it's in your budget and schedule, plans some trips with family and friends. Have a great time with them, because, sadly, it may be a while till you see them again after you move. Enjoy every minute you have left in this Country. I know that we all want to "hurry up" and move and be with our loved one, get married, and start a new life. Just don't forget to spend all that quality time with your loved ones now.

Although I'm moving in 15 days...I wish I wasn't. (sssssshhhhh don't tell Tim!!!! :lol:) I just wish I had more time to say goodbye to some of my friends, as I know I won't get the chance to see them and the only way I'm saying goodbye is through chat and emails!! Gee how impersonal!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

^^ I totally agree, the time between now and the interview will feel like decades but the time between interview and move feels like minutes. Take the time to see people, visit family, go to places you enjoy now. It will help you take your mind off of everything plus it will free up additional time on the other end.

Keep positive, your interview will come sooner than you think and you'll be with your fiance soon!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

That's really unfortunate, like the others said stay positive, could be sooner. Better to be operating under the worse case scenario state of mind and be pleasantly surprised when they get you in sooner, or expecting it if they don't.

Best of luck!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

oh god... that would make me cry.

I'm figuring start of January, which would be about 8 months total, with February being a 'back up' plan, at 9 months total... longer than that would actually screw me over a lot... I'd be pissed. :blink: I mean, I'm only at 3 months right now as is, so I've got a long way to go regardless, but if I get my NOA2 in another month or so, then take a month to get through NVC let's figure, then 4-5 months or something for an interview... oh god. That adds up ok, right? I won't be panicking and moving the day before I want to get married, right?!?! :crying: lol

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

oh god... that would make me cry.

I'm figuring start of January, which would be about 8 months total, with February being a 'back up' plan, at 9 months total... longer than that would actually screw me over a lot... I'd be pissed. :blink: I mean, I'm only at 3 months right now as is, so I've got a long way to go regardless, but if I get my NOA2 in another month or so, then take a month to get through NVC let's figure, then 4-5 months or something for an interview... oh god. That adds up ok, right? I won't be panicking and moving the day before I want to get married, right?!?! :crying: lol

Anything could happen...hopefully it works out for you...realistically it's running about 9-10 months in total, so you would be there end of Jan or Feb?

Just hang in there....the part you are at right now is the longest...I did not hear anything for 6 months before I got my NOA2....try to keep yourself occupied....I just banked on a year, and if it came sooner it was a bonus.

I filed beginning of last Aug and had my visa in my hand by the end of April...

Good luck :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Its all so hard to predict! I was pretty lucky... we filed in October and I had my interview end of April. It took just under 7 months from start to finish. However, it seems that 8-10 months is more common for people going through Montreal.

The 3-4 months is just a standard reply like the others said. We were told 4-6! I freaked out a little and thought we made a huge mistake by setting a wedding date in August. Fortunately it all happened much faster then anyone predicted. Hopefully you will get lucky! Check out the recent timelines and you'll see a more accurate picture of how long interview dates are taking. It seems that worst case scenario people are waiting 3 months... that's not to to bad right?

I too agree that the 3-4 month timeline they're giving you might just be the "standard" letter or timeline they give everyone. It wasn't that long ago, that after mailing Package 3 back, people were waiting for 6 months or more for an interview at Montreal. I know that might be old news to you, and you're thinking "so what??". But knowing it was longer before, might make it not seem so bad now in terms of waiting. We're so fortunate that we're able to visit during the K-1 process and that our countries are so close. Maybe it's time to plan another visit? :)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I totally wish I could plan another visit but its out of the question. I was just there at the end of June and he's just lost his job so we are trying to be very careful with money because we know whats coming with AOS and the insane cost there.

Even if he had a job, we'd still have to stay in a hotel because he's allergic to my cat and gets ridiculously sick every time hes near it. More expenses we can't afford.

So we'll just have to wait it out (sigh). It could be worse of course so I won't complain. Its just depressing. But hell, we'll make the best out of the situation and right now he's busting his butt looking for a new job. Thank God for our co-sponsor because this happening so close to interview time was making us stress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.