Josephs

Bad news....

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

we are going to go ahead and still try to interview. hopefully we pass but only need to wait until she is healthy and then pick up the visa. this is what we are hoping for. i am not worried about getting TB as i take vitamins daily and my immune system is fine. also if it proves to be TB, its not active. She isn't coughing and doesn't have a fever. So i am still going to visit her. hopefully all goes well and she is cured quickly (few months) but i know it needs time. This is a major setback but Phi and I both need to look at the glass half full. I just thank god It wasn't something that isn't curable. (cancer or something of the sort) And I am thankful that she did see the doctor because now we know what she has and how to fix it.

LOVESIG3.jpg

wow... 2 months for TB results?

Yeah 8 weeks for results on the sputum test. If positive. About 6 months to cure it.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Sorry about your wife situation Josephs. I wish you guys the best and everything would work out good. I'm so touch of how you would move to Vietnam if she's on treatment or something. God will bless you guys. Good luck!

event.png

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
The x-ray can only indicate possible or probable tuberculosis. A sputum culture test is required for positive diagnosis. The bacteria grows very slowly, so the culture can take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks to complete. They usually begin treatments immediately while waiting for the sputum culture.

For the same reason, killing the bacteria with antibiotics takes a long time - 6 to 12 months. It can take longer if the strain is resistant to the more common antibiotics used to treat TB.

Josephs, I think your fiancee is going to have to wait for the sputum test results before she'll be able to interview. It's a tough break. The bright side is that if it is TB then they probably caught it before it did any serious damage to her lungs, and she'll be treated and cured.

We wish you the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.