Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... there IS something strangely familiar about this place :unsure:

Quick 'howdy' to everyone (F) And yes Cnt ... been under the sheets a LOT :devil:

I posted some pics on FB and will be posting some more in a little bit. Everything is going great with the family. I'm down to 2 jobs now, but still working 7 days a week. We are moving into our own place at the end of the month, and then will file Ksenia's EAD. Sasha will start 1st grade at the end of the month too.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've sent some texts out but only got two replies. And there is 1 of you (you know who you are) that won't share texts with me :(:(:(

After the move and as things settle in more, I'll try to do a better job of staying in touch. In the meantime, {HUGS} to all my friends. I hope everything that you wanted and hoped for through this process is coming true and that you are happy being rejoined with your special someone (L)

Steve! We miss ya around here brother.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... there IS something strangely familiar about this place :unsure:

Quick 'howdy' to everyone (F) And yes Cnt ... been under the sheets a LOT :devil:

I posted some pics on FB and will be posting some more in a little bit. Everything is going great with the family. I'm down to 2 jobs now, but still working 7 days a week. We are moving into our own place at the end of the month, and then will file Ksenia's EAD. Sasha will start 1st grade at the end of the month too.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've sent some texts out but only got two replies. And there is 1 of you (you know who you are) that won't share texts with me :(:(:(

After the move and as things settle in more, I'll try to do a better job of staying in touch. In the meantime, {HUGS} to all my friends. I hope everything that you wanted and hoped for through this process is coming true and that you are happy being rejoined with your special someone (L)

Hey Steve good to hear from you.....

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Steve, I haven't recieved a text from you since we texted each other when MJ died :(

Are you leaving me out of the loop? :crying:

Glad that everything is going okay. 2 jobs is okay I guess...when my husband was overseas he was working 2 jobs, one co-worker of mine said, "yeah, when you get there tell him now he's got 3 jobs :devil: " :lol: TRY not to wear yourself out though :)

Edited by CnT4ever

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not being able to check in these past few days. I am fine and back to work. Still have aches and pains but nightmares are slowly fading. At least I am fighting it. I do have these so called controlled pain medication but I seldom use it as I do not want to be dependent and addicted to it. :blink:

Congrats Seren!! I am so happy for you.. USCIS free for 10 years unless you want to file for naturalization.

Cnt - How are you and husbie?

Carol - Goodluck in D's driving.

Liza - I am glad that the what you had is not as worst as mine. My husband was thinking of getting me a 2nd hand car instead.. He was scared that I would bang the new one again.. :P

Hey Steve!!!! We miss you. Glad to see you here again. Didn't receive any text from you. I guess the last was when Ksenia arrived.

My husband said thanks to all of you as he read all your messages in here after my accident. He would be delighted to meet all of you as well.

Where is Jen by the way??? Any news??

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

Wendy: Glad to know you are doing well.....be safe out there and keep in touch

CnT: I am volunteering your name as Organizer of our reunuin, we need to throw around some ideas :whistle:

Steve: I haven't recd any text for a while, but glad to know you are working less

Big hello to Lisa, Queue, Caroline and Jen

Oh I have my IR1 visa in hand, fly back to LA tomorrow. :thumbs:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

What are our options for cool places?

California (which area I'm not sure)

San Antonio

New York City? (Well, Candid is in NJ which is close enough LOL)

Let's discuss pros and cons?

What would be everyone's price to fly out to one of these places? NY and CA would be pretty much the same for me.

What would the hotel prices be? I'm betting NY would be the most expensive then CA.

Distance travelled? For me they are both equal. Some of you will have to travel across country to either destination.

What to see? All 3 have many things to see. NY definitely tops all for the museums and stuff like that. CA tops all for beaches (which may not matter depending when we will meet). SAT has okay museums, the riverwalk, alamo, and lots of amusement parks, but those also close part of the year (so depends again when we meet).

Weather? I'm guessing CA has the rest beat for weather. SAT will be blistering hot in the summer, but nice in winter. NY will be cold most of the year LOL.

Maybe first we need to think of a date...let us at least pick a month or 2 month range?

I'm voting for April 2010. That gives 8 months to save money for everything. Also is good weather here. Also gives everyone enough time to find a job for their spouses and get settled in and able to request time off. Let me know what you all think????

Timeline

What about 'Las Vegas' we can get a great deal on hotels and flights are cheap as well... April would work for me, enough time for me to find a job and save some money.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

What about 'Las Vegas' we can get a great deal on hotels and flights are cheap as well... April would work for me, enough time for me to find a job and save some money.

I am not familiar with other states and places so I would go wherever everybody would decide. :whistle:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

I hate vegas :( I don't gamble and am not into those types of "shows"... but that gave me an idea. What if we do something a little earlier, while it's still winter and maybe go somewhere there is a ski resort? Colorado? Lake Tahoe? Ski lodges, fireplaces, all sound romantic to me :wub:

Timeline
I hate vegas :( I don't gamble and am not into those types of "shows"... but that gave me an idea. What if we do something a little earlier, while it's still winter and maybe go somewhere there is a ski resort? Colorado? Lake Tahoe? Ski lodges, fireplaces, all sound romantic to me :wub:

Excellent Idea...I am all for it :thumbs:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Excellent Idea...I am all for it :thumbs:

Sounds interesting.. Hmmm.. Seems like a nice place for a second honeymoon.. :innocent:

Good morning, everyone.

I had the sad assignment of taking my wonderful handsome husband Rick to the NAIA yesterday. :( His flight was at 6:45 a.m. (NWA) and we had to get up at 2:00 a.m. to start preparing ourselves. It was very difficult, he was here with me in Manila for a little over two months (June to August), and everyday we had been checking USCIS for updates (we are still stuck at Last Update = June 3).

Now he is on the road back to Florida (where our daughter Pippo and I hope to follow within the next couple of months)...and it is rather devastating to have spent that much time with him as a family, only to be apart again. It is so heartbreaking...we miss him so terribly....we just want to be home.

I wonder what is taking CSC so long? :( I read on the Immigration Timelines here about a couple who received their I-129F NOA2 in July 7, 2009...when they filed their I-129F exactly a week a

(I know CR1/IR1 seems to be the visa of choice these days, but for us it means 6 to 12 more months of waiting apart, and with very little means for him to travel back and forth between the U.S. and the Philippines it means a more stressful time for everybody...we appreciate your concerns about what visa route we should take...but all we really care about right now is being reunited...the price of AOS and Lifting of Conditions may be high, but not as high as the combined costs of return airfare and hotel accommodations and personal expenses within 6 to 12 months...not to mention the wear and tear of being apart from each other.)

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline
Good morning, everyone.

I had the sad assignment of taking my wonderful handsome husband Rick to the NAIA yesterday. :( His flight was at 6:45 a.m. (NWA) and we had to get up at 2:00 a.m. to start preparing ourselves. It was very difficult, he was here with me in Manila for a little over two months (June to August), and everyday we had been checking USCIS for updates (we are still stuck at Last Update = June 3).

Now he is on the road back to Florida (where our daughter Pippo and I hope to follow within the next couple of months)...and it is rather devastating to have spent that much time with him as a family, only to be apart again. It is so heartbreaking...we miss him so terribly....we just want to be home.

I wonder what is taking CSC so long? :( I read on the Immigration Timelines here about a couple who received their I-129F NOA2 in July 7, 2009...when they filed their I-129F exactly a week a

(I know CR1/IR1 seems to be the visa of choice these days, but for us it means 6 to 12 more months of waiting apart, and with very little means for him to travel back and forth between the U.S. and the Philippines it means a more stressful time for everybody...we appreciate your concerns about what visa route we should take...but all we really care about right now is being reunited...the price of AOS and Lifting of Conditions may be high, but not as high as the combined costs of return airfare and hotel accommodations and personal expenses within 6 to 12 months...not to mention the wear and tear of being apart from each other.)

CSC & VSC are processing faster than they used too....if you read our timelines here you will notice we waited in excess of 7 months for an approval. You have to hang in there and hope for the best. Good Luck.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline
"I" :thumbs:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.