53 posts in this topic

AbbynSheryl, we have the interview on the same day..... :D:dance: !!!!!!!

Today I finished arranging my photos in a big album for the embassy .

I got sooo manyy photos with our family in these 4 years....thousands of pics ..I "only" selected and printed 400 and I kind of shuffled them ...I didn't arranged them chronologically...in this way the consular will get a more rapid glimpse of our 4 year marriage life .

What other evidence do you bring at the embassy?

I have my husband's passport with all the stamps when he entered and leaved my country ...so that I can show how many times he visited us...He came 9 times in Romania.

I will also write down the dates from the passport and make a timeline with arrivals and departures and how long he stayed here.

I don't have any phone bills :( , even though we spoke daily on the phone , but my husband forgot to bring the bills from USA and I only used prepaid mobile calling cards.

But I have some emails , some messenger conversations...some cards that my parent's in law sent to me and our children ...and I also have some pics of our PC 's desktops when we were talking on skype and mess...

We have 2 children together...we 've been married for almost 4 years.

I also have 40 international wire transfer forms of the money he sent to us from USA.

He will also be with me and children at the interview.

I hope everything will be ok at the interview.

Looks like you did your homework right! Way to go! Good preparation :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am leaving for China August 9. Interview 17th. My wife has been running around getting some things translated just in case, and I have to print out a bunch of stuff first, and I am not putting anything in folders or albums just printing and bringing a huge pile of papers and what not, we will organize together for a whole week before interview and spy on the consulate and practice questions and kiss for every right answer. It is intense but I also have a lot to do I'm moving and have work still.

good luck to us all THINK PINK

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

I am leaving for China August 9. Interview 17th. My wife has been running around getting some things translated just in case, and I have to print out a bunch of stuff first, and I am not putting anything in folders or albums just printing and bringing a huge pile of papers and what not, we will organize together for a whole week before interview and spy on the consulate and practice questions and kiss for every right answer. It is intense but I also have a lot to do I'm moving and have work still.

good luck to us all THINK PINK

Good luck and safe journey the rest of the way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Our interview is now 23 days away! I found a days until app on the Iphone and have been counting down with that.

Everyday I become more and more anxious. I cannot wait until the interview.

Good luck to everybody on your interviews. :)

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Our interview is now 23 days away! I found a days until app on the Iphone and have been counting down with that.

Everyday I become more and more anxious. I cannot wait until the interview.

Good luck to everybody on your interviews. :)

Good Luck also!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello guys August is just around the corner now. :yes: I know most of you are already done with the medical exams, CFO stamps and so forth. I know you guys are all excited that our Journey is almost done. It's been along journey for us and the hardest part is being away from our love ones. But we all know that's just a temporary separation. Soon we will be united with our love ones for good. I am very excited myself, :dance: i will be leaving for the Philippines in two weeks to be with my wife for her interview which is set on the 13th of August.. Good luck and God Bless to everyone and lets go get those PINK SLIPS :star:

Good luck

JNR

83 hours and 22 minutes until our interview!!! It's so difficult knowing I can't be there :cry: I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning, but finances have made it impossible. So it is all in the hands of God and the head of my husband :). OMG that man knows more about me then I do!!! I had to look up answers that he has to know off the top of his head!! Granted I had a brain injury 13 years ago so I have an excuse... ok it's a sucky excuse but I use it well :)

Anyways, I sent my husband two 6 sectioned folders. The Green one has copies of everything that I sent to USCIS & NVC and all their responses back - NOA's emails, paid receipts, etc. The Blue one has copies of 1 year of cell phone records, 1 year of Skype records, 1.5 years of email logs with about 40 pages (front & back) of selected emails (would have included more but ran outta ink), life insurance policy listing him as beneficiary, copies of my boarding passes and all receipts from my 2 visits and about 50 pictures.

I also sent an email two weeks ago to the embassy asking for conformation of the interview and asking what information other than the medical reports they would need from us when we come to the interview (I kinda made it sound like I was going to attend, was still hoping at that time I would receive a financial miracle), they responded and confirmed the interview date and time. Then last week I emailed again letting them know that I wasn't going to be able to come to the interview but that I would be MORE than willing to make an international call during the interview so I could talk with the CO. They sent an email back saying they printed the email and included it in my file. So I responded asking for the phone number so I could call shortly after the interview started. This morning I received an email to not worry, that if they needed to talk with me they would make arrangements. So I sent final email telling them thank you and let them know I would be available at my home phone number if there were any questions. I don't know if any of these emails will have ANY effect but my thought is that the more contact I have with the embassy there the better.

I'm still a flippin' nervous wreck!!!

OK now 83 hours and 12 minutes!!!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

WhidbeyGirl, Good Luck on your husband's interview!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

You seem to have many proofs of your relationship and the fact that you emailed the embassy is also a good thing!

You're counting the hours and minutes....that is so emotional :star:

Hope by the end of August we will all have our visas !!!!

IR-1 / IR-2 Visas( me and 2 children)

Event Date

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

Marriage : 2005-10-06

I-130 Sent : 2009-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-02-20

I-130 Approved :2009-03-06

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

case Completed at NVC : 2009-06-25

NVC Left : 2009-07-10

Medical examination : 2009-06-20

Interview Date : 2009-08-18

www.timeleft.info has a clock countdown you can download for free. So it's on my desktop counting down the minutes :)

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Hey guys! Despite of the hard rain i am so glad to be home with my wife and kids. :dance: I arrived at 340am Manila time, but can you believe that most of us didn't get our luggage almost an hour and a half. :angry: Really bad management if you ask me. I was not the only one that was getting frustrated. :crying: Good thing my wife paged me and met her just outside the gate terminal and from frustrating moment went away :) . Seeing my beautiful wife after 6 months made me so happy and how lucky i am to be married to her. :) ..Wish everyone a good luck on their interview. Ours will be next week..

Hey guys! Any news of the people that received the PINK slips yet? Please share us your experienced.. Thanks!!

Interview in 7 1/2 hours I'll let you know ASAP

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Hey guys! Any news of the people that received the PINK slips yet? Please share us your experienced.. Thanks!!

Interview in 7 1/2 hours I'll let you know ASAP

WOW!! Break a leg! Get that pink! :dance::dance:

Interview is over and the result..... I don't know.

No pink, but no blue either. Didn't take his passport, but did return original marriage certificate.

What does this mean? Does it mean that we are on AP? What do I do now? I sent an email to the consulate, they have been really good about returning my emails within 24 hours.

More waiting....................

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

More detail....

He was asked:

My name: Correct

My employer: Correct

When we met: Correct

Where I worked when me met: Incorrect

Can I see wedding pics: Looked at them and gave them back.

The issue was I worked for Company A from Jan 2002-April 2007 and then I started working with them again in December 2008 and still work for them. He messed up the date and thought I worked there until April 2008 so it would mean that I was working for them when we met.

The man (who didn't give his name) told SO he had paperwork to complete and then he would call him. SO asked if he should sit and wait and the man said, "No you are free to leave."

SO said the man was not friendly at all and asked questions very fast. When SO answered incorrectly, he said, "At the same place?" and SO said, "Yes she worked there and was terminated when she was visiting and we got married." I worked at Company B and was terminated from that company when I was visiting, I started working for Company A a few weeks after I returned home.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.