MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't think Territory has anything to do with it. I think they have up't the amount of CSC trans this summer to reduce back log...almost everyone posting in the July filers', got transfers. I think there's a good chance ya'll will get it.

July, I'm looking at your timeline, and based on my turn around, you should hear of a trans this week. I say Weds or Thurs. You set up for emails?

Keep us posted :)

No, we're not signed up for emails. lol But, that's only because the computer and paperwork aren't in the same location right now. The paperwork is downstairs and I'm upstairs with all of the computers! Guess I could go down and get them and sign up right now...lol

Hmmm...

Okay, so I ran downstairs and got the MSC number information. We're now signed up for emails. :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

I just noticed that the last Denver filer to have their case transferred to CSC was in April of 2008. Hopefully its not a regional thing! It seems that VJers moving to Colorado isn't the most common thing...

Now I'm a little worried about the I-693... maybe I should get it transcribed? Or should I still just risk it? I don't really think they would DENY you... I hope that was an exaggeration. If so, that should be an appeal that's fairly easy to win

I didn't get it transcribed...I took my chances...most people get approved...I figure if I get an RFE, i'll spend the $40 then and call that guy in Texas...what's the worst that will happen, delay my case my a month? I am in no rush for my GC...i'll still get my AP and EAD...we'll see what happens...as for the CSC transfer thing...I really think they have increased the volume of transfers this summer...i'm surprised to see so many people transferred...I never thought I would be...but the again, maybe because of the large volume of transfers, maybe they will still interview folks being sent to CSC? It's anyone's guess. I'll just be happy to get a GC before the end of 2009 :)

I don't think Territory has anything to do with it. I think they have up't the amount of CSC trans this summer to reduce back log...almost everyone posting in the July filers', got transfers. I think there's a good chance ya'll will get it.

July, I'm looking at your timeline, and based on my turn around, you should hear of a trans this week. I say Weds or Thurs. You set up for emails?

No, we're not signed up for emails. lol But, that's only because the computer and paperwork aren't in the same location right now. The paperwork is downstairs and I'm upstairs with all of the computers! Guess I could go down and get them and sign up right now...lol

Hmmm...

It takes a couple of mins to set up...and so worth it!...it's such a sweet feeling to get notification the second it happens and days before you get the snail mail.... on Tuesday I was sitting on my couch and BAM I get two emails notifying that both me and my son were trans to CSC...I still haven't gotten it in the mail :) If I wasn't set up for email notifications, i'd be sitting here thinking that I was still at VSC lol! DO IT! :) and you'll find out about your GC weeks before it comes in the mail...as they notify you of the 'card production' long before the card comes....

My bio appmnt is Aug 21st...it's 45 mins away, so I am not even gonna chance trying to go in sooner with the risk of being turned away...I figure it can't speed up the process much sooner... My son will think it's so cool being fingerprinted....he is so into that 'secret agent' thing right now...we went to see G Force last week and he is enticed by anything 'agent' like lol! Having his finger print taken and photo will be like going to Dinsey lol!

i'm suprised how quickly I was able to convert a lot of my stuff over to my married name...already did my bank account...credit cards etc... we are gonna try for my DL this week. i'm taking the memo Jill gave me, to prove to them that I qualify with a pending AOS...wish me luck lol

I already converted my Macys card to my SSN and i'm now working on my Amex and JCP card....hubby also has me listed on his M/C.

I tell ya, getting set up in the US has been a full time job!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I just noticed that the last Denver filer to have their case transferred to CSC was in April of 2008. Hopefully its not a regional thing! It seems that VJers moving to Colorado isn't the most common thing...

Now I'm a little worried about the I-693... maybe I should get it transcribed? Or should I still just risk it? I don't really think they would DENY you... I hope that was an exaggeration. If so, that should be an appeal that's fairly easy to win

I didn't get it transcribed...I took my chances...most people get approved...I figure if I get an RFE, i'll spend the $40 then and call that guy in Texas...what's the worst that will happen, delay my case my a month? I am in no rush for my GC...i'll still get my AP and EAD...we'll see what happens...as for the CSC transfer thing...I really think they have increased the volume of transfers this summer...i'm surprised to see so many people transferred...I never thought I would be...but the again, maybe because of the large volume of transfers, maybe they will still interview folks being sent to CSC? It's anyone's guess. I'll just be happy to get a GC before the end of 2009 :)

Hmmm...

It takes a couple of mins to set up...and so worth it!...it's such a sweet feeling to get notification the second it happens and days before you get the snail mail.... on Tuesday I was sitting on my couch and BAM I get two emails notifying that both me and my son were trans to CSC...I still haven't gotten it in the mail :) If I wasn't set up for email notifications, i'd be sitting here thinking that I was still at VSC lol! DO IT! :) and you'll find out about your GC weeks before it comes in the mail...as they notify you of the 'card production' long before the card comes....

My bio appmnt is Aug 21st...it's 45 mins away, so I am not even gonna chance trying to go in sooner with the risk of being turned away...I figure it can't speed up the process much sooner... My son will think it's so cool being fingerprinted....he is so into that 'secret agent' thing right now...we went to see G Force last week and he is enticed by anything 'agent' like lol! Having his finger print taken and photo will be like going to Dinsey lol!

i'm suprised how quickly I was able to convert a lot of my stuff over to my married name...already did my bank account...credit cards etc... we are gonna try for my DL this week. i'm taking the memo Jill gave me, to prove to them that I qualify with a pending AOS...wish me luck lol

I already converted my Macys card to my SSN and i'm now working on my Amex and JCP card....hubby also has me listed on his M/C.

I tell ya, getting set up in the US has been a full time job!

Got all set up... now just waiting for the emails. LOL :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

I won't be filing for AOS until October, but that I693 still worries me after reading that, and after reading someone else's AOS interview review. The person did have their I-693 transcribed by Dr. Arnold, but the interviewer questioned why they would get Dr. Arnold to do it when they don't live in Texas, rather in a different state. I believe the person then said, well I did contact some local civil surgeons and this is how much they said they charged, and they also told me I needed to redo the entire medical, and said they would not transcribe. From the review it sounded like the interviewer was more curious about the local civil surgeons than why they got Dr. Arnold to do the transcribing. I wish I could remember which member that was.

In my case I do not think I will risk it, I will get it transcribed, with all the ####### I had to deal with at the K-1 interview, I am betting my case will not get transferred to CSC, rather to my local office and interview assigned. I will contact locally to see how much they charge and whether they will try to rip me off and say redo your entire medical, and document all of that in case if I do have an interview I can say why I used Dr. Arnold.

Speaking of which guys and girls, I cannot remember, how long is the medical you did for K-1 good for?

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

I won't be filing for AOS until October, but that I693 still worries me after reading that, and after reading someone else's AOS interview review. The person did have their I-693 transcribed by Dr. Arnold, but the interviewer questioned why they would get Dr. Arnold to do it when they don't live in Texas, rather in a different state. I believe the person then said, well I did contact some local civil surgeons and this is how much they said they charged, and they also told me I needed to redo the entire medical, and said they would not transcribe. From the review it sounded like the interviewer was more curious about the local civil surgeons than why they got Dr. Arnold to do the transcribing. I wish I could remember which member that was.

In my case I do not think I will risk it, I will get it transcribed, with all the ####### I had to deal with at the K-1 interview, I am betting my case will not get transferred to CSC, rather to my local office and interview assigned. I will contact locally to see how much they charge and whether they will try to rip me off and say redo your entire medical, and document all of that in case if I do have an interview I can say why I used Dr. Arnold.

Speaking of which guys and girls, I cannot remember, how long is the medical you did for K-1 good for?

the medical is god for 1 year.

Considering how quick the turn around is lately, I figure I should find out whether or not it flies within the next month...i'll keep ya all posted...toes crossed! lol :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I put the I-693. Cost me $100 but at least it's there. More and more people are getting RFEs because they don't have it.

Like that couple who only got an RFE but was said that the immigration agents (at the interview) are told to deny if no RFEs. They got lucky and got an RFE and everything is pending until Sept.

I put it because i'd rather play safe than sorry.

For I-129F we got a stupid RFE for more pictures of us together while we sent 20 with the original petition. Our evidences we sent back were so big (pictures, notarized letters from parents and friends, plane tickets etc etc etc) that our file is now in two brown envelops.

If you get an RFE, it will cost you the original mailing express of AOS + cost for I-693 + a 2nd mailing express for AOS.

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

I put the I-693. Cost me $100 but at least it's there. More and more people are getting RFEs because they don't have it.

Like that couple who only got an RFE but was said that the immigration agents (at the interview) are told to deny if no RFEs. They got lucky and got an RFE and everything is pending until Sept.

I put it because i'd rather play safe than sorry.

For I-129F we got a stupid RFE for more pictures of us together while we sent 20 with the original petition. Our evidences we sent back were so big (pictures, notarized letters from parents and friends, plane tickets etc etc etc) that our file is now in two brown envelops.

If you get an RFE, it will cost you the original mailing express of AOS + cost for I-693 + a 2nd mailing express for AOS.

I don't know....I looked back at the spreadsheet for April and May AOS filers, and there are plenty of people that did not do the I693, and have rec'd card productions already. I also looked at their RFE's, and all the RFE's I saw, were not based on the lack of 693. So I don't think this theory is true...I think it's luck of the draw....

I think if I get an RFE, it'll be cause my son didn't have his vacc of Hep B before I sent AOS...but wh knows, its CSCIS...anything goes! lol!

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline
I don't know....I looked back at the spreadsheet for April and May AOS filers, and there are plenty of people that did not do the I693, and have rec'd card productions already. I also looked at their RFE's, and all the RFE's I saw, were not based on the lack of 693. So I don't think this theory is true...I think it's luck of the draw....

I think if I get an RFE, it'll be cause my son didn't have his vacc of Hep B before I sent AOS...but wh knows, its CSCIS...anything goes! lol!

Well let's hope for no RFEs and transfer for everyone!

I hope you are right and transfers are not regional but somehow i cant help to think it is. Like offices are busier than others.

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I have a plan... I'll send in my AOS without the I693, and without doing my last gardisil shot, just so I can get it out the door as fast as possible. If I get an RFE then I'll go get the shot and the form transcribed. If I don't get an RFE but my case isn't transferred and I end up with an interview in Denver, I'll make sure I get the shot done and have the form filled out to bring to the interview in case they ask for it. Does this sound like a good plan? I'm just thinking that If I wait til I get back from FL, go get the shot, get the shot transcribed... It won't be until early September until I get the package in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think I have a plan... I'll send in my AOS without the I693, and without doing my last gardisil shot, just so I can get it out the door as fast as possible. If I get an RFE then I'll go get the shot and the form transcribed. If I don't get an RFE but my case isn't transferred and I end up with an interview in Denver, I'll make sure I get the shot done and have the form filled out to bring to the interview in case they ask for it. Does this sound like a good plan? I'm just thinking that If I wait til I get back from FL, go get the shot, get the shot transcribed... It won't be until early September until I get the package in the mail.

That's my plan as well only I had my third shot and sent them the Dr. note saying that I had my third shot with my vaccination form. I also sent them the original and with a letter with the whole spiel about the medical still be valid etc. etc.

So far my case has been transferred to CSC. If for whatever reason I get an RFE or interview, I'll go get it transcribed. I did send them the original though, so I hope the Civil Surgeon will take a copy (well it was a copy that was the 'original') so i suppose he would never know the difference.

Anyways, I think taking a risk is worth it. It saves time and money. Plus, an RFE only slows down the greencard, not the EAD/AP.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

U did better than I did...I didn't even go through all that! I never had an original vacc support, just photo copies that were given to me? And I just assumed they already know their own requirements about the one year...only other thing I included was a copy of the medical invoice and the report on my chest xray...only reason is cause I had them.

Huggles that sounds like a good plan. I would only get it transcribed if I got an RFE or interview. Even then I would never redo my medical, even with a photo copy vacc sheet. It would still be cheaper to call the medical clinic and get a re-issue on ur file. They cannot refuse u access to ur medical records....here's to hoping we don't find out.

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright! Well I'm back from Florida and just got my marriage certificate back in the mail today, so I want to get my AOS package in the mail Monday or Tuesday. Just to be clear we are to send it all to:

USCIS

P.O. Box 804625

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Correct? I couldn't find it anywhere on VJ so I did a little google search

Timeline

I have

If you use USPS:

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Fedex/express delivery:

USCIS

Attn: AOS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5520

We personally Fedexed so I don't know about the first one

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Frenchy has it right :)

those are the addresses on www.uscis.gov under I-485 form. You likely will use the courier address via UPS with tracking. You should get confirmation within 2 days :)

good luck!

N-400 Citizenship

Poprocks, I'm sure it's been said somewhere in a thread, but I love your new picture!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.