MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hopefully by the end of next week AOS will be mailed off! I've got everything I need to file...minus the photos! So wanting to get this paperwork over with!! So far I have got my military spouse ID, Tricare, Dental, name on SSN changed. They told me 7-10 days to get a new card and had no problems with the fact I was on a K-1 visa and already married. (I was fearing the worst). Tomorrow is car registration and DL...hope that goes well! Already added to his USAA car insurance and a member of USAA...I did not get a checking account yet, because they wanted me to fill out a W-8BEN...(I guess if you are not a GC holder or US citizen).I looked at it and was not comfortable with it at all....so I will just keep my WF account which i've had for a few years now until I get my GC.

Really....Really hoping for no interview notice when I do file.....but we will see!! I am praying that everything will go smoothly and quickly!!

Minnew, you don't need to send photos with AOS. That's not a requirement :) I didn't send any. If you get called for an interview, then some people bring photo albums to the interview.

Huggles, congrats on your interview date!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Hopefully by the end of next week AOS will be mailed off! I've got everything I need to file...minus the photos! So wanting to get this paperwork over with!! So far I have got my military spouse ID, Tricare, Dental, name on SSN changed. They told me 7-10 days to get a new card and had no problems with the fact I was on a K-1 visa and already married. (I was fearing the worst). Tomorrow is car registration and DL...hope that goes well! Already added to his USAA car insurance and a member of USAA...I did not get a checking account yet, because they wanted me to fill out a W-8BEN...(I guess if you are not a GC holder or US citizen).I looked at it and was not comfortable with it at all....so I will just keep my WF account which i've had for a few years now until I get my GC.

Really....Really hoping for no interview notice when I do file.....but we will see!! I am praying that everything will go smoothly and quickly!!

Minnew, you don't need to send photos with AOS. That's not a requirement :) I didn't send any. If you get called for an interview, then some people bring photo albums to the interview.

Huggles, congrats on your interview date!!

Ooops! I meant passport photos! I went to WalMart yesterday and there machine was down :( Spent practically ALL day at DMV...got the car registered...thats what took the longest...the poor woman that was helping us...but she was very efficient and friendly, the supervisor was very helpful. Unfortunately I have to go back tomorrow to retake the 25 question driver's test. :( Those darn questions about NE state law that I had NO clue about. Like...how many points do you lose for such and such offence? How many days do you have to notify the county clerk about address change?...Ugh....I swear all the rest of them were trick questions! :lol:

Huggles-Congrats on the interview date!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Thanks guys! Thankfully this will be all over in another month and I won't have to deal with USCIS for 2 years. In the meantime I'm a little stress out... :dead:

I wonder if I'll need to take the written test down here... If so, I'll probably fail too :lol:

Timeline

Yay my case is now showing up in the case status checker on uscis!! its currently sitting in the Initial Review circle!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Yay my case is now showing up in the case status checker on uscis!! its currently sitting in the Initial Review circle!

Mine was sitting in the initial interview circle when my GC was mailed out lol. Don't expect that to change lol..... actually it changed to approved once I rec'd my GC...but at that point, I knew I was approved for over 2 weeks.

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Mine was sitting in the initial interview circle when my GC was mailed out lol. Don't expect that to change lol..... actually it changed to approved once I rec'd my GC...but at that point, I knew I was approved for over 2 weeks.

haha i dont expect much, im just excited that I now have something to waste time logging on and looking at!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline
Got AP approval last week, today, got EAD today and notice of interview (November 17th). Now to prepare. Yikes, I need to read up on what people brought.

Yay congrats! A day after mine.

my online case status shows I haven't been touched since they day they sent out my bio letter. Good to know they update it :P

Has anyone used this mysterious doctor in Texas taht will do the I-693 by fax and mail it to you? Would anyone happen to have the contact information for this?

I'm a little confused here.. :wacko: *doesn't take much to do that to me*..

What's a I-693? I'm getting a little nervous as I haven't seen one, or read that I need one.... :blink:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Has anyone used this mysterious doctor in Texas taht will do the I-693 by fax and mail it to you? Would anyone happen to have the contact information for this?

What's a I-693? I'm getting a little nervous as I haven't seen one, or read that I need one.... :blink:

It's for AOS, it's the transcription on a new document (the I-693) of the medical results and vaccination dates from your one-sheet form you had at your medical for K1

Might be confused so:

For the K1 you had a medical and they gave you a sheet that has all your vaccinations written on it.

This sheet needs to be re-written on the I-693

A civil surgeon will do it for about $100 and seal the envelop

I'd suggest you do it before sending your AOS package or if you did AOS already, you might have an RFE for it (or not) or if you have an interview, you'll need to bring it.

It's not a new medical its just re-writing the vaccination dates on the new form

Edited by chadlaure

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

How long did it take for some of you to get a biometrics appointment?

Heres a little story too!

Minnew and I now live right near each other. While I was getting my AOS ready to send off, I called the civil surgeon that is right down the street and the woman on the phone told me it costs 200$ to get the shots transcribed. I told her " are you sure? I dont need a full medical I already had it in canada, I just need the shots transcribed " she said yes im sure its 200$ plus extra for any shots that you are missing. So I said forget it as everyone around here is expecive. Well today Minnew called that same doctor and they just transcribed her shots for around 37$... !! What the heck! and I already sent my AOS and everything... Im going to go down there tomorrow morning and speak to someone at the office and see what the heck is going on about this. Im so glad I didnt go in and pay them 200$ then hear from minnew that they only charged 37$ I would have killed someone lol. Totally sucks but atleast if I get RFE or an interview I can maybe get the papers now for it unless they deside to tell me that they didnt give her it for 37$ in which case I will make a big ruckus!

It's for AOS, it's the transcription on a new document (the I-693) of the medical results and vaccination dates from your one-sheet form you had at your medical for K1

Might be confused so:

For the K1 you had a medical and they gave you a sheet that has all your vaccinations written on it.

I'd suggest you do it before sending your AOS package or if you did AOS already, you might have an RFE for it (or not) or if you have an interview, you'll need to bring it.

It's not a new medical its just re-writing the vaccination dates on the new form

Ok...I have the sheet, and of course the results to my medical were in the packet I had to turn over at the POE. No one said I had to transcribe it....where do you get the I-693? And what doctor are you supposed to use? Is there a list or do we have a choice, like Tim's doctor. I'm guessing that they understand what they need to do with the vaccination sheet. ...

Goodness but this marriage is sure costing a lot.... :lol:

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Might be confused so:

Ok...I have the sheet, and of course the results to my medical were in the packet I had to turn over at the POE. No one said I had to transcribe it....where do you get the I-693? And what doctor are you supposed to use? Is there a list or do we have a choice, like Tim's doctor. I'm guessing that they understand what they need to do with the vaccination sheet. ...

Goodness but this marriage is sure costing a lot.... :lol:

Unfortunately only USCIS approved civil surgeons are authorized to fill out the form. You can find a list on their website for your state. Unfortunately finding a civil surgeon that is willing to transcribe your vaccinations without insisting you get a new medical is a big pain and can sometimes cost over $100. Some people get RFE's for not sending the I-693 and others do not. If you are transferred to CSC you have a decent chance on being approved without it, but if you end up with an interview they require you bring the I-693 to the interview with you. Personally, I would send the AOS in without the form and fill it out if you get an RFE or an interview. Why spend the money if you can get away without doing it? I didn't send one in but now that I have my interview in a few weeks I'm trying to get it done.

Unfortunately only USCIS approved civil surgeons are authorized to fill out the form. You can find a list on their website for your state. Unfortunately finding a civil surgeon that is willing to transcribe your vaccinations without insisting you get a new medical is a big pain and can sometimes cost over $100. Some people get RFE's for not sending the I-693 and others do not. If you are transferred to CSC you have a decent chance on being approved without it, but if you end up with an interview they require you bring the I-693 to the interview with you. Personally, I would send the AOS in without the form and fill it out if you get an RFE or an interview. Why spend the money if you can get away without doing it? I didn't send one in but now that I have my interview in a few weeks I'm trying to get it done.

Ok, guess that's what I'll do then. Wish they could have said something back when I was at the interview!! ....

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.