MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Got my EAD today :dance::dance::dance:

Also got DL yesterday...went to car registration place today...my plates will be in next week.... I gotta find time to go update my SSN and get my son's...

Now just waiting on GC or an RFE lol... hopefully not the latter lol :)

Congrats!!

They let you get a state DL with your SSN in your maiden name? Or is this some other kind of updating I'm unaware of? :lol:

Sorry if I was unclear... I went and got a DL, my SSN was in my maiden name and I had no issue, but then again, my name is hyphenated so it still shows both. Also, I went to SSN today, changed my name, address and lifted work restrictions. Got my son's SSN :)

Interesting! Here in CO they don't let you get a DL or state ID unless the name on your SSN is the same as the name you want to have on the card. I even got a booklet explaining this to me when we applied for our marriage license. And you can have the work restrictions removed from the SSN with your EAD? For some reason I thought you had to wait until you had your GC. But cool! One less trip to the SSN office for me to make.

Congrats on the EAD and AP approval July! And the interview as well! It may seem like a pain now, but its probably better than waiting for CSC to decide they want to start adjudicating cases. I'm starting to think I'm going to be having an interview, I guess I should start preparing (aka, get my last HPV shot). Did you gather some good evidence yet? Let us know what you end up with! It will probably help me out. And good luck with the interview, I'm sure it will be easy for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my greencard in the mail today! A lot faster than I thought it would be..the back is super shiny (lol the things I notice)..

So next week I need to:

Go get my name changed on SSN

Get my license printed in my married name

Get them to change my work stuff to married - oh, yeah - I got a job as the operator at Best Buy :P Temporary while I look at what I need to get in my field

Go to the bank to change the name on the account

NOT DEAL WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS! YAAYY :D

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Got my greencard in the mail today! A lot faster than I thought it would be..the back is super shiny (lol the things I notice)..

So next week I need to:

Get them to change my work stuff to married - oh, yeah - I got a job as the operator at Best Buy :P Temporary while I look at what I need to get in my field

Yea for you!!!! GGGGCCCCC!!!!!

Good luck on changing your name... I'm STILL trying to get everything changed over! LOL BUt, then again, I haven't been trying very hard. Oooops! I SOOO need to get on that for the AOS interview!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

So next week I need to:

Good luck on changing your name... I'm STILL trying to get everything changed over! LOL BUt, then again, I haven't been trying very hard. Oooops! I SOOO need to get on that for the AOS interview!!!

That's a good idea....some stuff can take a couple of weeks to receive in the mail....SSN, DL etc... You wanna give yourself enough time to receive them.

OMG, I went to SSA office yesterday, she noticed an error in my marriage certificate!!!!! The minister dated 'date of marriage' as 'July 7, 2007'... I guess she was thinking '7's'???? And they never caught it at office...OMG, Does this mean we have been married 2 years and we get a 10 year GC???? haha!

Wait, i'm worried now, if USCIS sees this error, I will get an RFE, and I will have to drive to OCNJ to get it fixed....it will then have to be refilled by minister and certified by city clerks office...this could set me back weeks!!!! I wonder if I should just wait and see what happens???? I mean, so far, my EAD and AP got approved and name changed with USCIS with this document...the document acutally shows issued July 6th 2009, and certified July 8th 2009, only error is where minister hand wrote at top July 7 2007. hmmmm. I don't want to unecessarily run around to fix this right now if I don't have to (I don't feel like driving 3 hours back and forth to OC) will be out there in 4 weeks or so, maybe I deal with it then?

UGH...I hope it's not an issue :(

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

My husband will finally be arriving in the U.S. next weekend. So now I am looking forward to the AOS. He got a K3 visa. I am seeing some talk of a vaccination supplement and this has me worried. Where did you get this supplement? My husband asked for one at the medical (it was done in Montreal) and they told him not to worry, that everything would be in the packet. What do we do?

Edited by childress_london

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

My husband will finally be arriving in the U.S. next weekend. So now I am looking forward to the AOS. He got a K3 visa. I am seeing some talk of a vaccination supplement and this has me worried. Where did you get this supplement? My husband asked for one at the medical (it was done in Montreal) and they told him not to worry, that everything would be in the packet. What do we do?

at the medical, when he went back to pick it up, there would have been a yellow envelope sealed, his Xray, and a photocopy chart like white sheet, paperclipped on the outside of the envelope, with all these little check marks for his vaccinations. That photocopy is the vacc supp. If he did not get it, or threw it out (as they never really tell you what it's for), you can try calling the clinic and asking them to fax you a copy of it. They will have it in his file. It is his medical records, so he has access and a right to that info. They may try charging for it.

Once you get it, you have a choice of sending just that with the AOS package, as many of us did...or finding a Surgeon General in your area (or Dr. Arnold in Texas) to transcribe it for you. If they do transcribe it, this is the I-693 that you will be submitting. USCIS has become sticklers lately and many have rec'd RFE's for not having the I-693. Dr. Arnold does it for as little as $30 I think, others may charge a lot more.

If you cannot get your hands on it at all....you may be forced to re-do the medical. If this is the case, you may want to look into approved Dr.s...this can run you $200-300....

Good luck :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So next week I need to:

That's a good idea....some stuff can take a couple of weeks to receive in the mail....SSN, DL etc... You wanna give yourself enough time to receive them.

OMG, I went to SSA office yesterday, she noticed an error in my marriage certificate!!!!! The minister dated 'date of marriage' as 'July 7, 2007'... I guess she was thinking '7's'???? And they never caught it at office...OMG, Does this mean we have been married 2 years and we get a 10 year GC???? haha!

Wait, i'm worried now, if USCIS sees this error, I will get an RFE, and I will have to drive to OCNJ to get it fixed....it will then have to be refilled by minister and certified by city clerks office...this could set me back weeks!!!! I wonder if I should just wait and see what happens???? I mean, so far, my EAD and AP got approved and name changed with USCIS with this document...the document acutally shows issued July 6th 2009, and certified July 8th 2009, only error is where minister hand wrote at top July 7 2007. hmmmm. I don't want to unecessarily run around to fix this right now if I don't have to (I don't feel like driving 3 hours back and forth to OC) will be out there in 4 weeks or so, maybe I deal with it then?

UGH...I hope it's not an issue :(

I went to get a copy of mine today (I sent in a certified one, but I wanted another one just incase) and they put my birthday wrong!!! They put 08/10 instead of 10/08! I got the form to fill out to fix it, but it won't be done before my interview so I'm just going to bring that form with me and explain the situation if it comes up. It would suck if it holds us up!

I hope everyone is well! I've been super super busy with my new job and preparing for the interview!!

I finally finished getting everything together and booked our hotel room for the night before!

Here's what I'm bringing - let me know what you think! (or suggestions)

1) Copy of original package + extra copies of important documents

2) Copy of new lease

3) Birth Certs, SSN's, EAD, Passport, marriage licence

4) Our new lease (we just renewed it)

5) Cards, emails, letters, chatlogs

6) a new affidavit from our good friends

7) copies of contracts for our "big wedding" next summer

8) health insurance, life insurance forms

9) our bank cards, void check, letter from bank stating we are joint-owners

10) updated letter from hubby's work + paystubs since last october!

11) letter from my new job (no paystub because I get my first paycheck day of my interview!)

12) Tax returns from last 3 years, W2's

I can't think of anything else? Suggestions?!

We don't have cell phones or credit cards and I'm not able to be on the cable or electric bills because when you rent here, only 1 person's name may be on the bill.

I'm so nervous! Only 5 more days!!

I'm going to catch up on all the posts I've missed tomorrow!

:star:

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Timeline

at the medical, when he went back to pick it up, there would have been a yellow envelope sealed, his Xray, and a photocopy chart like white sheet, paperclipped on the outside of the envelope, with all these little check marks for his vaccinations. That photocopy is the vacc supp. If he did not get it, or threw it out (as they never really tell you what it's for), you can try calling the clinic and asking them to fax you a copy of it. They will have it in his file. It is his medical records, so he has access and a right to that info. They may try charging for it.

Once you get it, you have a choice of sending just that with the AOS package, as many of us did...or finding a Surgeon General in your area (or Dr. Arnold in Texas) to transcribe it for you. If they do transcribe it, this is the I-693 that you will be submitting. USCIS has become sticklers lately and many have rec'd RFE's for not having the I-693. Dr. Arnold does it for as little as $30 I think, others may charge a lot more.

If you cannot get your hands on it at all....you may be forced to re-do the medical. If this is the case, you may want to look into approved Dr.s...this can run you $200-300....

Thanks! They sent it to him in the mail and there was no white photocopy with vaccinations. Oh boy. Another headache to worry about. Now I'm mad that they didn't give it to him at the medical when he asked for it. And since he is from Iran, his K3 is only good for 6 months, so we have to get the AOS taken care of as soon as he gets here. :-(

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

WHOA!

Has anyone been on the USCIS online case status thingy lately? They changed it! Its all colorful and interactive... And they sorta explain to you what your case is doing at any given stage. Funky.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
WHOA!

Has anyone been on the USCIS online case status thingy lately? They changed it! Its all colorful and interactive... And they sorta explain to you what your case is doing at any given stage. Funky.

Yup! It's new now!

I love they have the little circles showing what step your on. mine still says "review" when I have my interview next week! :rofl:

They need to keep that site updated in real time!

Huggle, I saw your interview is this week! GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Timeline
WHOA!

Yup! It's new now!

I love they have the little circles showing what step your on. mine still says "review" when I have my interview next week! :rofl:

Not my interview, just my Bio appointment! I wish it was my interview! :lol: but thanks for the good luck, I can use that at anytime.

Thanks! They sent it to him in the mail and there was no white photocopy with vaccinations. Oh boy. Another headache to worry about. Now I'm mad that they didn't give it to him at the medical when he asked for it. And since he is from Iran, his K3 is only good for 6 months, so we have to get the AOS taken care of as soon as he gets here. :-(

Why is his K-3 only good for 6 months? K-3's are 2 year multiple entry visas?

edit. sorry didn't read that fully, but why because he is from Iran it's different?

WHOA!

Yup! It's new now!

Good luck with your interview Starburst!

Good luck with your bio appt Huggles!!

I hope to be joining you guys with AOS by the end of October! I hope things don't change too dramatically from now until then!

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Minnew - "K3/K4 visas must be limited for those nationals for whom security concerns indicate a shorter validity period is necessary." You can find it on the reciprocity tables on USCIS. http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3585.html. I was surprised to find that out too as I thought ALL K3's were given 24 months. I was hoping since he interviewed in Canada they might give him the 24 months anyway, but they didn't.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Timeline

I had my husband look for that white copy of the vaccinations. He found it, but he said his name is not on it? Maybe he is looking at it wrong? Where on the sheet is the name listed? Thanks!

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Timeline

OK and another question. :-P Looking at the I-485 and it asks for place of last entry into the U.S. Since he will be processed at the airport in Ottawa, do I put Ottawa (which is not the U.S. but it was I guess his entry?) or the next stop on our itinerary (which is Newark, New Jersey, but he won't be doing customs there, only in Ottawa). This is kind of confusing. Does anyone know?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.